Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Terry Clawson

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

My Cousin attended Terry's funeral, he said it was a wonderful service and looking around at those in attendance he stated that you could have picked a Great Britain team from yesteryear from them
Im Fev and im proud

#22 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

Terry's book "All The Wrong Moves" was self published with assistance from Steve Truelove at the now defunct Yorkshire Art Circus. According to what Steve told me when I was attending one of his classes there, all the copies were sold and there was still a small demand, but Terry decided not to go for a re-print as it wasn't cost effective to print just a few hundred. So that is why used copies are so expensive. Maybe if there was enough demand his family would consider a second edition?
If anyone has a copy out there, it's worth a bob or two!

#23 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

A Top Player

RIP Terry.

#24 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

As a kid, I remember watching a VHS copy of the classic Leeds-Leigh final cup final from 1971 with Grandad, and thinking how utterly terrifying Terry Clawson and Tony Fisher looked. The contemporary game might be played by tough lads, but the guys back then were proper 'hard men'.

Posted Image

#25 dobber

dobber
  • Coach
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

As a kid, I remember watching a VHS copy of the classic Leeds-Leigh final cup final from 1971 with Grandad, and thinking how utterly terrifying Terry Clawson and Tony Fisher looked. The contemporary game might be played by tough lads, but the guys back then were proper 'hard men'.

Terry didn't play in the 71 final, he signed for leeds from Hull K R the following season, & played in the 72 final, loosing to St Helen's 16 13. Terry kicked 5 goals.

#26 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

Terry didn't play in the 71 final, he signed for leeds from Hull K R the following season, & played in the 72 final, loosing to St Helen's 16 13. Terry kicked 5 goals.

Whoops, must have been the 78 final then. The BBC released a raft of CC Finals on video and the 78 Leeds-Saints final was one I also had. Also got a copy of the 82 Hull-Widnes game and the 85 classic.

Edited by TheTerminator, 16 September 2013 - 12:42 AM.

Posted Image

#27 dobber

dobber
  • Coach
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

Whoops, must have been the 78 final then. The BBC released a raft of CC Finals on video and the 78 Leeds-Saints final was one I also had. Also got a copy of the 82 Hull-Widnes game and the 85 classic.

I think you will have watched the 72 final, because he did pack down along side Fisher. I think the 72 final was his only cup final appearance.

#28 PonteBlue

PonteBlue
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Many thanks for the link. Just ordered a copy of the book on Amazon. 

If anyone else looking for a copy here are 2 left!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users