Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Workington Predictions

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,977 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

Please lose to leigh more money in our coffers playing u if wr win lol

I tried putting this through babel fish but it didn't get any clearer.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#22 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

The prize money
Prize-money will be paid to the top eight sides taking part in the Championship play-offs as follows: 
Grand final winners:    £50,000

• Grand finals runners-up:         £30,000
  • 3rd place after the play-offs:    £12,000
  • 4th place after the play-offs:     £10,000          
  • 5th place after the play-offs:     £6,000
  • 6th place after the play-offs:     £4,000
  • 7th place after the play-offs:     £2,000
  • 8th place after the play-offs:     £1,000 

So how do they work out who is 7th or 8th of the losers of our and the Rams match etc?

#23 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

lowest placed loser is eigth , if 5th n 6th lose , then 5th would finish 7th and 6th would finish 8th , if 7th n 8th lost then they would finish in 7th n 8th in same order , simples

#24 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

I presume that prize money is payable now, as the table finished, it's nothing to do with the actual play-offs, as there will only winners and runners-up. Therefore is there anything extra to gain by doing well in the play-offs except kudos? We've got our 6 grand, will it be a player-attracting incentive, pay bills or do a bit of ground work? By the way I see Dane Manning was sent off, if he gets a ban, does that finish his season, and can anybody shed light on the rumour of his return? 

#25 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

Apologies, I've just re-read the cash table- if we beat Workington this still leaves us 5th, so we then have to beat our next opponents to move up in the order, is that right? If we were to reach the semi's then and lose, depending who else lost we would then either finsh 3rd or 4th?

#26 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

Dogs 36 Jambo's 6

jambos? you muppet you havent even got a game this week.your team of travellers couldnt even make the top 8 ,useless jameaters lol.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#27 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

Apologies, I've just re-read the cash table- if we beat Workington this still leaves us 5th, so we then have to beat our next opponents to move up in the order, is that right? If we were to reach the semi's then and lose, depending who else lost we would then either finsh 3rd or 4th?

yep , and when 2 teams go out at same stage , it goes back to who finished highest in league table

#28 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

Cant believe how confidence changes a team 68 points best result yet this season bring on sheffield or leigh wish i wasnt working today . Wonder if any workington fans would like a dvd of this match lol:-)

#29 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,676 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Cant believe how confidence changes a team 68 points best result yet this season bring on sheffield or leigh wish i wasnt working today . Wonder if any workington fans would like a dvd of this match lol:-)

Shouldn't you be more concerned about conceeding 28 points at home to a very under strength 16 man Town team. Yes, that's correct 16 man although 17 were named Jamie Acton was never going to be used as he is still injured. Several others were either missing or carrying knocks from our 7 games in 25 days spell plus 2 on holiday and two college lads playing (Dawson and McAvoy), so all in all not a bad effort in the circumstances.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#30 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

i will have one ,if your gonna send it free ;)

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#31 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 799 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

Me to :tongue: well done today tho.

#32 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

We conceeded two or three very soft tries and Worky tried hard but we were far too good for them in the end. Nice to see some noisy Worky fans although they quietend down in the second half. Who we got next?

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#33 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

Like i said wasnt there so wouldnt know due to work if this was the case fair comment. But also maybe we just concetrated on offence rather than defence due to your being a weakend side so decided to go gungho for a change maybe ???

#34 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Me to :tongue: well done today tho.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#35 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

We conceded realy soft trys which was all down left hand side caused by 1 player, who was blowing out of his a..se after 5minutes,cant believe kear didn't take him off b4 half time and waited till about 60th minute, as soon as he went off, good play was had, but fair play workington, still give a go till very end

#36 MrT

MrT
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

B

#37 MrT

MrT
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Totally agree mrb was a good performance from all but him looked very unfit

#38 MrT

MrT
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

Totally agree mrb was a good performance from all but one looked very unfit

#39 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

Shouldn't you be more concerned about conceeding 28 points at home to a very under strength 16 man Town team. Yes, that's correct 16 man although 17 were named Jamie Acton was never going to be used as he is still injured. Several others were either missing or carrying knocks from our 7 games in 25 days spell plus 2 on holiday and two college lads playing (Dawson and McAvoy), so all in all not a bad effort in the circumstances.

What a poor post. When you beat us previously you were one of those who were on here bemoaning the fact that our supporters gave you no credit for your performance (even though some did.) Now despite the fact that we put plenty of points past you all you can have a go at is our defence. Well if we win all of our remaining matches by 40 points I will settle for that.

For what it's worth, I actually thought that going forward, Workington played well going forward. Forber and Thackray were outstanding. I thought Thackray's performance was the best I have seen from a prop at the Mount this season.

#40 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Nah, not remotely concerned.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users