TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Workington Predictions

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 693 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

Shouldn't you be more concerned about conceeding 28 points at home to a very under strength 16 man Town team. Yes, that's correct 16 man although 17 were named Jamie Acton was never going to be used as he is still injured. Several others were either missing or carrying knocks from our 7 games in 25 days spell plus 2 on holiday and two college lads playing (Dawson and McAvoy), so all in all not a bad effort in the circumstances.

Revenge is oh so Sweet.....sounds like a touch of sour Grapes to me lol.......make that a smirk

" Batley can go orgasmic over beating us all they want but they've beaten a newly promoted beaten up side who's played probs double the games of them in the past month " ........

:P

Edited by RPH, 08 September 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#42 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

Revenge for what exactly ? Are you for real ? I'd be questioning how the same side can turn that round... It's you the fans who were cheated surely ....

#43 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

Revenge for what exactly ? Are you for real ? I'd be questioning how the same side can turn that round... It's you the fans who were cheated surely ....

Genuinely, and with no axe to grind, but how were we cheated.

One thing I really do admire about the Workington forum, and I mean this too, is how you always manage to find a positive in anything. Perhaps we can all learn from this!

Edited by distantdog, 08 September 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#44 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

Revenge is oh so Sweet.....sounds like a touch of sour Grapes to me lol.......sorry a BIG LOL. :P

good luck in the next round .
nowt like congratulating a classy winner.

Edited by bomber is god, 08 September 2013 - 06:19 PM.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#45 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

[quote name="Townfan10" post="2785070" timestamp="1378662699"]

Revenge for what exactly ? Are you for real ? I'd be questioning how the same side can turn that round... It's you the fans who were cheated surely ....[/quote
doh ,they hadnt thought of that one.

Edited by bomber is god, 08 September 2013 - 06:18 PM.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#46 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

Ha should we spell it out ?

#47 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Ha should we spell it out ?

Please.

#48 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

Dont get it we lose they blame us for disrepecting there win. We win we are gloating as i recall we were venting our fustration of our performances that month. As i recall we didnt respect them but they couldnt wait to gloat om our site ??? Im struggling to see why they are so defensive .

#49 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 693 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

Please.

i think he means we were cheated by the ref when they won up at the mount.....

#50 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

i think he means we were cheated by the ref when they won up at the mount.....

Ah right. He's far too clever than me, I can hardly keep up with him. My memories of the time seem to be that we were blaming ourselves rather than someone else. I thought that was what originally annoyed their supporters as they perceived us to be ignoring their performance. Anyway, today! How good was Davies? And after listening to Kear on the radio, I do not think they or we need to be concerned at our defensive deficiencies today.

#51 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

My post about the other match was that the report on the game gave no credit to Town's defence nothing else but it got twisted out of context. Likewise my post today was in response to "toffee's" sarcastic remark about him wondering if any Town fans would want a dvd. I was saying that instead of him wondering what Town fans would want he should look at his own clubs faults. As it happens I don't want a dvd but I did pay over the odds for the last one as a donation to BISSA.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#52 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

My post about the other match was that the report on the game gave no credit to Town's defence nothing else but it got twisted out of context. Likewise my post today was in response to "toffee's" sarcastic remark about him wondering if any Town fans would want a dvd. I was saying that instead of him wondering what Town fans would want he should look at his own clubs faults. As it happens I don't want a dvd but I did pay over the odds for the last one as a donation to BISSA.

So in your comment today you gave no credit to our attack, same difference!

Club or team's faults? Just curious about that one.

And when you say you paid over the odds, do you mean you paid the normal price but also added an extra amount as a donation, for which I thank you!

#53 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

And when you say you paid over the odds, do you mean you paid the normal price but also added an extra amount as a donation, for which I thank you!

Correct.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#54 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

Correct.

Thank you. Very much appreciated. And good luck for next season.

#55 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

Do apoligise for sarcasum agreed un called for my mistake for what i took as sarcasm prevously again im at fault ok:-(

#56 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

My post about the other match was that the report on the game gave no credit to Town's defence nothing else but it got twisted out of context. Likewise my post today was in response to "toffee's" sarcastic remark about him wondering if any Town fans would want a dvd. I was saying that instead of him wondering what Town fans would want he should look at his own clubs faults. As it happens I don't want a dvd but I did pay over the odds for the last one as a donation to BISS

Town played very well last time, but this time we were awesome, sorry for your "9" injuries but we can only play whats in front of you and we did and played well.

Edited by Bat Lad, 09 September 2013 - 05:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users