Xmas list......

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

I'd like to see us keep the big lads like Tahouri Brown and the second rowers like Sarsfield .
Id also like to see Smith give it one last hurrah and of course keep the Hawkyards. I think Harvey has a big part to play especially if he gets his knee fixed
As for new faces I think a trawl of the amateur game to unearth some fast young half back for Watto to coach and maybe pick up some border line super leaguers like Williams Burke etc

So that's basically everyone we finished the league with - Kev Penny then Mark?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#22 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Not sure if I'd re employ big Mick...

#23 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

What about that Moulsdale lad at 7 from Crusaders? Mentioned every week and loads of points over the season, from Warrington of all places I think!

Ive previously posed the question Nanyn v Shaw?

#24 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

I'd like to see the majority of the team signed up by the end of September!

I'd like to keep Mick for 2014, he arrived and provided some much needed experience and back-up kicking relief for Harvey after he pulled his hamstring.

A lot of questions remain around the structuring of the DR next season. Also around who actually plays for Warrington and who doesn't. I know Riley and Shaw have signed contracts with them for next season, but what about Williams, Mendeika, Hulme, Morrison, etc?

Hopefully the majority of players will stay with us, Daz, Ritchie, Watto, Smithy, Mills, Ainscough, Tahraoui, Sarsfield, Cooper, I'Anson. Probably a few I've forgotten as well. For me we need proven Championship players, I feel a lot of points were lost through inexperience this season.

#25 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

I'd like to keep Mick for 2014, he arrived and provided some much needed experience and back-up kicking relief.....

....and if only to wind up the opposition fans when he takes over 5 minutes to size up a conversion attempt right in front of the sticks. Some classics up at Whitehaven last week....I was laughing all the way home!

#26 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

I'd like to keep Mick for 2014, he arrived and provided some much needed experience and back-up kicking relief for Harvey after he pulled his hamstring.
A lot of questions remain around the structuring of the DR next season. Also around who actually plays for Warrington and who doesn't. I know Riley and Shaw have signed contracts with them for next season, but what about Williams, Mendeika, Hulme, Morrison, etc?
Hopefully the majority of players will stay with us, Daz, Ritchie, Watto, Smithy, Mills, Ainscough, Tahraoui, Sarsfield, Cooper, I'Anson. Probably a few I've forgotten as well. For me we need proven Championship players, I feel a lot of points were lost through inexperience this season.

according to posts on the Lions Family page I anson has gone to Macclesfield Rugby Union.

#27 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

It's interesting to note that the word Agecroft seems to be replaced by new stadium.Are we all resigned to it not happening now?

Nobody seems to know anything at all - which aint surprising - after all, we've always been kept in the dark - for whatever reason.

:tease:    :king:     :yahoo:

#28 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

....and if only to wind up the opposition fans when he takes over 5 minutes to size up a conversion attempt right in front of the sticks. Some classics up at Whitehaven last week....I was laughing all the way home!

A great point that I'd overlooked! It annoys opposition fans when he chips in with a try and a 100% kicking percentage (after 20 mins). THERE'S ONLY ONE MICK NANYN!!!

#29 ladndad

ladndad
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

Toal at Barrow is a prime axample

#30 ladndad

ladndad
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

Toal at Barrow is a prime axample

#31 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Would Martin Ainscough want to stay with us after spending most of the later part of the season out of the match day squad?  I don't know if he was injured or just out of favour but he's too good a player to be hanging around not playing.

#32 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

Not sure if I'd re employ big Mick...

I'd keep him if he wants to stay.  He has his weaknesses but he provides some great passes to his wingman, is more than a handful close to the opposition line and his kicking ability and experience are a bonus.

#33 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

A nice early stocking filler - Salford Pink Devils will finish bottom of the pile as London have beaten Hull K R.  Shame there is no relegation.

#34 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

I understand Ainscough has retired along with Neil Holland.

#35 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

If they have then I thank them for their time with us and wish them well in whatever they choose to do next!

#36 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

They were always at the matches
Ainscough was always one of my favourite players
Good luck to both lads

#37 Furryenzo

Furryenzo
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

Is this confirmed? would have thought they were both a bit too young to retire from the game? Unless they simply had to focus more on their careers. Really liked Ainscough, properly talented player but just lacked that turn of pace (or much pace at all) needed in his positions. 

Im only smiling because `no-one`'s found the bodies yet.

#38 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

1st on the list -  Keep Gary in the Job  !!!!

#39 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

Furryenzo it hasn't been confirmed but trust me I have it on very good authority,they won't be with us next season.

#40 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 645 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

I'll say this quietly so as not to upset anyone, but with Salford looking to replace what seems to be their entire playing squad, there could be some recruiting possibilities for us if we keep our heads up. Ok they've just finished bottom but I've no doubt that some of those to be squeezed out might do a good job for us. Money will be an issue but ain't it always.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users