RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Unsavoury comments

Thread Removed

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Dibble

Dibble
  • Coach
  • 710 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

You will have noticed a thread containing unnecessary comments has been removed by the moderators. Please can we be civil and respect other users, some of the comments were disgusting and totally uncalled for. 

Posted Image

#2 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

agree about the comments but not sure why the whole thread was removed, can I ask why it was removed completely..????

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#3 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

You will have noticed a thread containing unnecessary comments has been removed by the moderators. Please can we be civil and respect other users, some of the comments were disgusting and totally uncalled for.

Agree !! Totally unacceptable.

#4 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

may I ask which thread has been deleted ?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#5 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

BOD...hmmmm could have just deleted the comments instead of 3 pages of discussion!!!!!!!

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#6 Dibble

Dibble
  • Coach
  • 710 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

agree about the comments but not sure why the whole thread was removed, can I ask why it was removed completely..????

The moderators chose to remove it. I don't know if you can delete individual posts.

Edited by Dibble, 05 September 2013 - 08:35 PM.

Posted Image

#7 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

yeah you can...shame someone had to spoil it as it looks a bit off when the whole thread is deleted mate.

#8 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

there were relevant questions in there tho ???? I didn't see any unacceptable posts ?? unless they were the last ones ??

Lee Morton

#9 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

The thread had already been removed before I had a chance to see any unacceptable posts, surely this thread can be reinstated by the moderators with these unacceptable posts removed, it was a very interesting debate going on before it was taken off.

Posted Image

#10 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,438 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

I have to agree with Richie. There were some interesting points made but also some totally unacceptable. The moderators should warn the persons responsible, I feel. I've always felt that everybody should be very careful before putting any message on a public forum.

As far as deleting is concerned I thought it was possible to delete the contents of individual posts by blanking them out in white.

Posted Image

#11 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

im sure moderators can just edit or delete relevant words or posts ??

Lee Morton

#12 dwb

dwb
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Until it get the nod back from site admin, the topic is closed..

There‚Äôs nothing stopping you from starting a new topic around the issues you had early on  

#13 Red Stripe

Red Stripe
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

Have the posters of the unacceptable comments been given a warning by the moderators?

I was wondering if any of mine had been classed as unsavoury?

Mike Liversedge

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

#14 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

I haven't had a warning, however there was no abusive foul language etc... In my posts. I've seen much worse on these forums go unpunished.
  • Red Stripe likes this

#15 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:04 AM

Have the posters of the unacceptable comments been given a warning by the moderators?

i was wondering this as well ?

Lee Morton

#16 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:26 AM

I haven't had a warning, however there was no abusive foul language etc... In my posts. I've seen much worse on these forums go unpunished.

For some reason I couldn't post last night (or all last week for that matter) but I did leave a voicemail message for Soss asking him to air my comments - I;m guessing Mike never picked this up.

Anyway, the entire thread was deleted because we wanted to get the offending comments off asap.  The site owner has been informed and almost certainly if they can't give us the names of the people involved then our next port of call will be the police and the club solicitor.  The three people who posted the defamatory and truly offensive stuff WILL be banned from CP for life if we can get their names.

I too think it was a shame to delete other stuff and DWB will try to get them back on,

As a director I have to say that the BoD have no problem with people airing their opinions and criticising us - it goes with the territory.  I can say with regard to the finance director that he did NOT ask to continue and there are very good and valid reasons which have prevented us making a statement to date (agreed between KH and the BoD).

Whatever anybody thinks we do not hold information back without a good reason - anybody who has sat in the boardroom with me (and a few on here have)  knows I would be vehemently opposed to any such goings on.

On a personal view I just wish some of you out there would grow some b~~~~~ and post under your own name (or make it well known who you are).  The vast majority do this and as I say feel free to criticise but to those who hide behind a pseudenym I say have a good look at yourself.  The law does allow for you to be controlled and in the case of the three offenders in this case it is highly likely that this course of action will be pursued.

Anyway, see you all at the presentation evening later today.  If you have any concerns just ask a member of the BoD.

Posted Image

#17 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

No they hadn't RS - yours were fine.

Posted Image

#18 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

Im sure I didnt post anything unsavory either Keith ??

Lee Morton

#19 Red Stripe

Red Stripe
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

Thanks Keith just wanted to make sure.

By the way as I've previously mentioned, if anyone's interested, the name is Mike Liversedge. :)

Mike Liversedge

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

#20 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

Keith, sorry I get that many calls a day I never check my voice mail. I try not to criticise the BoD but sometimes a simple statement prevents all this conjecture I'm sure a simple "Keith Holt standsdown" statement would have been sufficient. We do trust the BoD and I know you all personally and like to think I would say exactly the same to your face as I would here. (you know what I'm like...lol) 

I'm not sure the route you are taking with these guys is the correct one, however that is your decision as a board, a ban from here in my mind would be more appropriate as no names were mentioned an apology would be hard given. I'm sure that if the posters had thought about what they were saying and the upset caused they would not have typed it.

Good luck tonight and I hope it goes well but unfortunately I will not be there due to other commitments.

PS...think you all know me...Mike "gobby" Sunderland... :mail:

Edited by soss, 06 September 2013 - 09:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users