Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

that was the crowd at the roosters v rabbitohs game.........awesome.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#2 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

Awesome game. Big hits and some good tries. $BW the difference though Roosters got lucky with Sam Burgess failing to put the winger in and Walker failing to ground the ball. Shame Inglis is nowhere near 100% as he showed his class briefly against $BW. 59 700 Crowd is fantastic and the atmosphere came across.

#3 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

Pretty good game.

Why does Sam Burgess do the niggly stuff though? the ballsack grab and tonight pushing the face into the ground and two sly small kicks to the player on the ground.

Hargraves was always going be put on report for the forearm fend, no need for Burgess to cheap shot him while he is on his back on the ground, it will be noticed and played against by other Coaches, he has a ###### streak in him it seems.

#4 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

When in Rome.

#5 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

When in Rome.

You pick pockets?

#6 CGD

CGD
  • Coach
  • 855 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

Very entertaining game. SBW clear MoM, what a beast. Apart from that mistackle on the only other player on the field in his class in Inglis, he was brilliant. Did a shitload of clean up work too.

Hope he plays in the World Cup. I hope we can handle him and he loses, of course.

Oh yeah, great crowd. Obviously.

#7 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

Top crowd.

#8 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

Superb attendance for a round match, I know it was an important one in the grand scheme and as near to play off importance as you can get but that's still an amazing number. I hope plenty of those Aussies journey over here for the world cup.

As annoying as it must be to sit near them, I do like seeing all the banners and flags being waved about. It must be great for the players to see their colours being so proudly paraded aswell as some of them being the subject individually, by mention of by picture.
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#9 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

To fans like us its RL heaven

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#10 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

Some of my friends were there tonight, said it was unreal. Unfortunately the wrong scoreline though.

#11 RugbyLeagueGeek

RugbyLeagueGeek
  • Coach
  • 630 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

Thought it was a good game but not earth-shattering. Wasn't massively impressed with Souths to be honest. They failed to build much pressure due to some poor last tackle options.

Edited by RugbyLeagueGeek, 06 September 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#12 RugbyLeagueGeek

RugbyLeagueGeek
  • Coach
  • 630 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

Edited by RugbyLeagueGeek, 06 September 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#13 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

Pretty good game.

Why does Sam Burgess do the niggly stuff though? the ballsack grab and tonight pushing the face into the ground and two sly small kicks to the player on the ground.

Hargraves was always going be put on report for the forearm fend, no need for Burgess to cheap shot him while he is on his back on the ground, it will be noticed and played against by other Coaches, he has a ###### streak in him it seems.

Also known as an ' winning attitude '. You are quite obviously not a Souths fan I will wager.

#14 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

Crowd's have been done for the NRL but I think fan's (like SOO) like the big hyped matches and hopefully that what the NRL should be pushing at both ANZ as well as SFS, while Brisbane needs another team to rival the Bronco's.

#15 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

I heard they were hoping for 50,000.

This is possibly the first time in living memory that a rugby league crowd has exceeded the estimate by a large amount!

#16 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

I heard they were hoping for 50,000.

This is possibly the first time in living memory that a rugby league crowd has exceeded the estimate by a large amount!

I heard 40,000

It's time to park the camels.

#17 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

Also known as an ' winning attitude '. You are quite obviously not a Souths fan I will wager.

No, I am not a Souths fan.

A winning attitude is fine, being a Grub is not the same thing is it?

Edited by AndyCapp, 06 September 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#18 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

Superb attendance for a round match, I know it was an important one in the grand scheme and as near to play off importance as you can get but that's still an amazing number. I hope plenty of those Aussies journey over here for the world cup.

As annoying as it must be to sit near them, I do like seeing all the banners and flags being waved about. It must be great for the players to see their colours being so proudly paraded aswell as some of them being the subject individually, by mention of by picture.

Speaking of the World Cup. That cover tackle by Minicello was as good as I have seen in years. If the rest of the Italian team has that kind of quality they could be a real surprise packet . Wales had better be on their guard at the Millennium.

#19 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,597 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

No, I am not a Souths fan.

A winning attitude is fine, being a Grub is not the same thing is it?

Just a quick question, who's that in your forum avatar?

#20 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

Just a quick question, who's that in your forum avatar?

Eric Grothe snr.

rldfsignature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users