Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Our Leaders

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 bar red

bar red
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

End of season 2012. A meeting between the RFL/ Club Chairmen/ RL Press and provisional sponsors.                                                           ''This next season is THE most crucial period for the future of RL in the UK for the last 16 years. The eyes of the world will be upon us. We channel all our energy and expertise into the virtues of the club game and especially the WC. No distractions, no negative press, a clear vision of positivity extolling the incredible product we have. All our powers will be channeled into bringing in top sponsors and changing our image into a credible national and international product. We keep a lid on all negative headlines because there is no doubt there are people waiting for us to fail. Focus, focus ,focus on the RLWC. Are we all agreed ?  Yes.''

Instead.   A BBC programme on how RL clubs are all running over budget.  Negative.

The debacle of D/R.                                                                        Negative.

A complete overhaul of the RL structure.                                        Negative.                                    

Apparently 75% of players wish to leave RL.                                  Negative.

Perpetual stories of financial mismanagement                                Negative.

To throw into the equation, introducing a ball that had never been tested and and the players can`t catch in wet conditions!

They all need their bloody heads knocking together. To be honest they all as bad as each other. I still love the game just feel this is such a missed opportunity to expand our horizons. No strong leadership, too many private agendas. No wonder major sponsors aren`t rushing to join in the party.

Edited by bar red, 06 September 2013 - 11:34 AM.

• amh likes this

#2 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

Cool meltdown Bro.

Posted Image

#3 bar red

bar red
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

Cool meltdown Bro.

But all true! Ha!

#4 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,100 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

Negativity rules ok.

What are your solutions to the problems you have highlighted?

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 06 September 2013 - 11:55 AM.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#5 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

Revolution at Red Hall. Get value for money, show some leadership and clear out all the toadies.

When this pub closes the Revolution starts!

#6 Doghead

Doghead
  • Coach
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

once worked at Ford's everybody wanted to leave.

#7 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,957 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

Revolution at Red Hall. Get value for money, show some leadership and clear out all the toadies.

When this pub closes the Revolution starts!

Steady on feller, there is surely time for a kebab, then we can march on Red Hall.

#8 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

It's alright taking the pee out of the post...but sadly it's true and the timing of clubs having financial trouble doesn't help either

I'm going to do my best to enjoy the play offs, GF's and WC though...the next couple of months are filled with so many games, we're spoiled for choice

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#9 Middleman

Middleman
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

All good points, worthy of discussion, synopsis Red hall is inept.. end

Or
BBC or any red tops will always favour the salacious stories .
RL clubs have been going bust for over 100 yrs RL will still be here even if the club names & characters backers come and go
It's a ball FFS stick it up yer jumper or stick more spray adhesive on yer mits.

#10 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

It's alright taking the pee out of the post...but sadly it's true and the timing of clubs having financial trouble doesn't help either

I'm going to do my best to enjoy the play offs, GF's and WC though...the next couple of months are filled with so many games, we're spoiled for choice

If we are having a kebab I might as well get another round in...

This is serious .....I had a feint hope when David Oxley appeared on the pitch at the Cup Final, thought the good old days at the RFL may be coming back. Nigel and his cronies dont need a rocket they need the sack.....overpaid and over here, unable to gain sponsorship and show leadership, too busy enjoying their posts and priviledges.

#11 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,167 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

Has there ever been 'good old days at the RFL'?

As long as I've been a fan of the game people have complained and used the phrase 'typical RFL'.

No matter who takes over, as soon as they make a decision which doesn't suit people they will complain.

#12 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,770 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

As long as I've been a fan of the game people have complained and used the phrase 'typical RFL'.

No matter who takes over, as soon as they make a decision which doesn't suit people they will complain.

it is "typical rfl" in this most vital of world cup years there should be no distractions, what have we got? chaos and panic and zero world cup publicity.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#13 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,167 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

it is "typical rfl" in this most vital of world cup years there should be no distractions, what have we got? chaos and panic and zero world cup publicity.

That is not true though. There has been loads of world cup publicity, much more than other World Cups we have staged.

I do agree that the consultation on the structure of the leagues could have been done behind closed doors though.

#14 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

No different in football. Fans always complaining about the FA.

The great thing about not being the decision makers is that whatever you pontificate on is never put to the test and so your never in the wrong.

#15 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

No different in football. Fans always complaining about the FA.

The great thing about not being the decision makers is that whatever you pontificate on is never put to the test and so your never in the wrong.

You have a good point there, The only thing is that Football is awash with money, If Man U decide to pay their top man a million a game it will make little difference, other than to convince the paying fans that the price rise into the ground is justified because anyone earning that sort of money is obviously a very good player and well worth paying more to watch.

I have a mate who was a bus driver, he crashed his bus no less than three times, he was a good worker and always did his best but he was just no good at driving. The people running League give me the same impression, and that doesn't mean i could do better. I don't rate many politicians either and i couldn't do that job, There have been some exceptional ones and league needs to find the equivalent people to run our game, easily said i know, but the alternative is more of the same, Is it two leages this year and one next, or the other way round, Grounhog Day.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#16 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,167 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

You have a good point there, The only thing is that Football is awash with money, If Man U decide to pay their top man a million a game it will make little difference, other than to convince the paying fans that the price rise into the ground is justified because anyone earning that sort of money is obviously a very good player and well worth paying more to watch.

I have a mate who was a bus driver, he crashed his bus no less than three times, he was a good worker and always did his best but he was just no good at driving. The people running League give me the same impression, and that doesn't mean i could do better. I don't rate many politicians either and i couldn't do that job, There have been some exceptional ones and league needs to find the equivalent people to run our game, easily said i know, but the alternative is more of the same, Is it two leages this year and one next, or the other way round, Grounhog Day.

But the problem is that people make statements that people are incompetent and most have never met any of these people or have any clue what they do.

Unless the game is awash with money and all over the media, fans will criticise.

#17 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,488 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Certainly not during the Oxley era.

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#18 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,000 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

surely it's time for new blood at red hall, replace wood and rimmer with o'connor and koukash, one to steady the ship and run it professionally and marwan to sell the game to the general public in his own unique way.............
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#19 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

The RFL to be sure receive their share of criticism, much of it justified. However I think one thing they should receive kudos for is this years World cup. The RFL are the body responsible for appointing the World Cup organising group and I think they have done an outstanding job from the opening announcement to the host city concept to the trophy appearances and the various ticket deals which, to date , seem set to produce the best attended World Cup in it's history which is guaranteed to make a profit and, if England produce the goods on the field, will do even better.

So, the RFL deserve some credit for getting that right.

#20 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,699 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

End of season 2012. A meeting between the RFL/ Club Chairmen/ RL Press and provisional sponsors.                                                           ''This next season is THE most crucial period for the future of RL in the UK for the last 16 years. The eyes of the world will be upon us. We channel all our energy and expertise into the virtues of the club game and especially the WC. No distractions, no negative press, a clear vision of positivity extolling the incredible product we have. All our powers will be channeled into bringing in top sponsors and changing our image into a credible national and international product. We keep a lid on all negative headlines because there is no doubt there are people waiting for us to fail. Focus, focus ,focus on the RLWC. Are we all agreed ?  Yes.''

Instead.   A BBC programme on how RL clubs are all running over budget.  Negative.

The debacle of D/R.                                                                        Negative.

A complete overhaul of the RL structure.                                        Negative.                                    

Apparently 75% of players wish to leave RL.                                  Negative.

Perpetual stories of financial mismanagement                                Negative.

To throw into the equation, introducing a ball that had never been tested and and the players can`t catch in wet conditions!

They all need their bloody heads knocking together. To be honest they all as bad as each other. I still love the game just feel this is such a missed opportunity to expand our horizons. No strong leadership, too many private agendas. No wonder major sponsors aren`t rushing to join in the party.

You forgot 30 trailers and the withdrawal of development officers.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users