Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Our Leaders

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

surely it's time for new blood at red hall, replace wood and rimmer with o'connor and koukash, one to steady the ship and run it professionally and marwan to sell the game to the general public in his own unique way.............

Good point, both are successful men.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#22 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:17 AM

But the problem is that people make statements that people are incompetent and most have never met any of these people or have any clue what they do.

Unless the game is awash with money and all over the media, fans will criticise.

You are right, we do not have a clue what they do....they should spend some time publicising this.

And what chance is there of ever meeting them in the posh seats and hospitality rooms.

Exactly how big is the RFL budget? Am I right in believing big salaries are paid at the top....value for money? Accountability....Performance targets?

#23 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,966 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:37 AM

Exactly how big is the RFL budget? Am I right in believing big salaries are paid at the top....value for money? Accountability....Performance targets?

In a possible irony I was just about to direct you to the RFL Annual Review which is normally pretty decent at covering a lot of this ...  except that the link isn't working.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#24 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

If every play-off game was a sell out and the World Cup stadiums were bursting at the seams with people trying to get in to see the likes of Cooks vs USA and then every football club stopped playing football and started playing RL and RL became the National sport, there would still be moaners!

Stop moaning, support the game and if you want to change something, YOU do it!

#25 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,146 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

surely it's time for new blood at red hall, replace wood and rimmer with o'connor and koukash, one to steady the ship and run it professionally and marwan to sell the game to the general public in his own unique way.............

Why would Koukash be interested?

Not sure O'Connor would be either.

#26 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

If every play-off game was a sell out and the World Cup stadiums were bursting at the seams with people trying to get in to see the likes of Cooks vs USA and then every football club stopped playing football and started playing RL and RL became the National sport, there would still be moaners!

Stop moaning, support the game and if you want to change something, YOU do it!

Why change for changing sake.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#27 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

Why would Koukash be interested?

Not sure O'Connor would be either.

my point is that they are the type of people we need running the game, successful businessmen who would sell the game to the public whilst at the same time running it in a truly professional manner...........unlike the bumbling amateurs we have in place now.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#28 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,319 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

my point is that they are the type of people we need running the game, successful businessmen who would sell the game to the public whilst at the same time running it in a truly professional manner...........unlike the bumbling amateurs we have in place now.

As soon as the likes of O'Connor and Koukash took over they would immediately be ripped to shreds by fans.

O'Connor is a good business man sure, but he hasn't exactly got them flocking in to watch Widnes - as soon as there are thousands of empty seats at Wembley, Old Trafford and for internationals he would be deemed to be as incompetent as the last lot. 

As soon as he made the prudent decision to stage the semi final at a small ground, he would be deemed incompetent. 

If he did go for something bold like Magic Weekend, he would be judged on the empty seats and deemed incompetent.

Koukash - well who knows what he will do. Being loaded and having a big mouth may get you some publicity, but can he run a business that is sustainable in a challenging environment. I am keen to see what happens at Salford, and I hope that he can be successful with them, but we have no evidence that he will.

#29 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,966 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

But they are tied to specific clubs and they could be the greatest ever and that would still be a red line to cross.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#30 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,715 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

If every play-off game was a sell out and the World Cup stadiums were bursting at the seams with people trying to get in to see the likes of Cooks vs USA and then every football club stopped playing football and started playing RL and RL became the National sport,.....!

I am expecting this as a minimum come the end of the WC.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#31 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,146 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

Could we afford to pay multi-millionaire businessmen enough to give up their day job?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users