TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Players in and out for 2014 and the prospects

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#1 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

Thought i would get a thread going which didn't involve coaches and D/R.It stated Darren was in the process of getting some of the current squad to re-sign. and as we know up to now
players In Players Out
Thomas Coyle Waine Pryce (retired)
James Coyle
Mathew Tebb
Jimmy Watson
looking forward to seeing what sort of level the new comers to this level have progressed and what sort of standards the refereeing is because listening to some of the sh**e that comes from Stevo and Cummings on decisions beggars belief sometimes.I watch Sharlston Rover as much as i can and thoroughly enjoy the games so i don't see why being in division 1 should spoil your enjoyment of watching your club in a competitive game of rugby league. Hunslet will have to be very competitive and not take teams for granted if they are to become Champions the Lads will need your support even more next season as i know the York Lads will be looking to turn us over.Bring it on i say.
chappy

#2 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

Thought i would get a thread going which didn't involve coaches and D/R.It stated Darren was in the process of getting some of the current squad to re-sign. and as we know up to now
players In Players Out
Thomas Coyle Waine Pryce (retired)
James Coyle
Mathew Tebb
Jimmy Watson
looking forward to seeing what sort of level the new comers to this level have progressed and what sort of standards the refereeing is because listening to some of the sh**e that comes from Stevo and Cummings on decisions beggars belief sometimes.I watch Sharlston Rover as much as i can and thoroughly enjoy the games so i don't see why being in division 1 should spoil your enjoyment of watching your club in a competitive game of rugby league. Hunslet will have to be very competitive and not take teams for granted if they are to become Champions the Lads will need your support even more next season as i know the York Lads will be looking to turn us over.Bring it on i say.

Whatever made you think we'd be looking for our first win over the Hawks in an eternity next season, Col ? Presentation Night tonight so maybe a new signing or two to announce at the HS... Going to be a really interesting 2014 and, to be honest, the model has got to be Woodsie's Gateshead promotion side - a team built on a bunch of fit and committed guys who have come through the amateur/junior ranks ( first class contacts and scouting needed ), no journeymen but a core of experienced C'sp players who buy into the aspirations of the club. And no bloody DR !
Hoping to get through to see Shilo when I'm not reffing. All the best..

#3 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

Whatever made you think we'd be looking for our first win over the Hawks in an eternity next season, Col ? Presentation Night tonight so maybe a new signing or two to announce at the HS... Going to be a really interesting 2014 and, to be honest, the model has got to be Woodsie's Gateshead promotion side - a team built on a bunch of fit and committed guys who have come through the amateur/junior ranks ( first class contacts and scouting needed ), no journeymen but a core of experienced C'sp players who buy into the aspirations of the club. And no bloody DR !

Cant get a better start than Sharlston V Drigg tomoz Andy. Dont know where you find the energy from Mate you've a finger in every pie what with radio,Mc boxing,cricket,Pop festivals and being a family man and work how do you fit it all in PHEW.Looking forward to the next time we meet mate always a pleasure.
chappy

#4 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

Plenty to look forward to having been at presentation night seemed like a very good vibe coming from everyone at clu think people will be happy
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#5 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

Dave Woods' promotion winning Gateshead side was built upon five or six top quality Australians from the Queensland Cup.

Posted Image

#6 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

We have ANDY YATES d/reg with LEEDS.

#7 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

Dave Woods' promotion winning Gateshead side was built upon five or six top quality Australians from the Queensland Cup.

it certainly was,Luke Brannighan being the best

Posted Image

#8 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

it certainly was,Luke Brannighan being the best

Pretty sure that Branighan only joined in 2009, although he had the likes of Dan Russell in 2008.

Posted Image

#9 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

Yes 2008 when we won league dan russell was at 7...2009 when we played in championship luke branighan was at 7..2007 season when we finished 2nd bottom under woods our player kev neighbour went and played a season in australia he came back to play for us in 2008 and he recommended a few players from australia who he got to no while he was playing over there in 07..he came back 08 with a few of aus lads and we got promoted it was kev neighbour who recommended players to woods for 08 season then we ended up getting promoted neighbour then went on to coach us now hes left good luck to him great guy great player and manager.

#10 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 565 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

[quote name="fortheloveofmoney" post="2784037" timestamp="1378558010"]

Thought it was jack[/quote
Or was it old man jim?
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#11 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Dave March, Danny Grimshaw and Lee Mapals are staying at Hunslet Hawks for 2014, but Liam Welham moves on to Doncaster.

Posted Image

#12 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

I will settle for that. Liam has a lot ot potential but had a poor 2nd half of the season. Easier travelling to Donny from Hull. Good luck Liam

#13 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

Aye, and a coupla cheap Aussies !

#14 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

I will settle for that. Liam has a lot ot potential but had a poor 2nd half of the season. Easier travelling to Donny from Hull. Good luck Liam

Not going to be able to keep everyone but getting Marchy to play on is brilliant news for me hopefully Grimmer can stay injury free a lot of quality players signed up for champs one already
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#15 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

Yeah getting Marchy to play another season is great news. He was outstanding in those last few games when he reverted to hooker.

#16 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

Sounds positive great stuff, looking good so far to say club got no money.

#17 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

Lewis reed signed from Keighley

#18 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

yeh good luck Wello, but with hopefully a fit Jake Normington,s a like for a like.

Posted Image

#19 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 770 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

Lewis reed signed from Keighley

Who?

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#20 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 770 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

yeh good luck Wello, but with hopefully a fit Jake Normington,s a like for a like.

I'd prefer Aston Wilson!. Why he wasn't selected when fit is beyond a joke

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users