Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Players in and out for 2014 and the prospects

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#141 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Brooke reminds me a bit of Alex Rowe, lets hope he has the same impact.

Aston hopefully will have an injury free season, lots of potential.We certainly wont lack size in the forwards next season.

Good to see Oaksey back as well, thought that night at Sheffield he tackled himself to a standstill.

Posted Image

#142 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

Did anybody really expect to have a squad with such depth this early in the season a big hats off to all involved.
chappy

#143 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

Don't know the club finances but the board would not spend money we don't have

#144 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

Has Danny G signex?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#145 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

Has Danny G signex?

grimshaw???? If so he has mate
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#146 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

Weve actually getting near to having a stronger squad ( on paper ) than last season. My only concern would be if Koulash takes over Oldham or Stanley Gene takes half the PNG to Gateshead.

Posted Image

#147 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 892 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

I think some have misinterpreted "we have assembled a strong squad" with "we are going to walk the league", and hopefully we've all been around long enough to realise that is flawed logic.

The law of averages suggests York are going to beat us before much longer now, and Oldham have been a bit of a bogey side for Hunslet since the birth of the Northern Union! Worth remembering that both of this season's promoted teams lost at Hemel Stags too.

Anyway, we have enough players signed up to start and see how we might typically line up on match day now ...

1. Kain / Watson
2. Brickwood / Akaidere
3. Maun
4. Lyons / Wilson
5. Mapals
6. Grimshaw / Coyle
7. Coyle / Coyle
8. Broughton / Davies
9. Tebb / Haigh / March
10. Houston / Clough
11. Reed / Lyons
12. Oakes
13. March / Grimshaw

Not bad at all really for this stage of the close season ... and (whisper it quietly), not a single dual-reg in sight ...

#148 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

Weve actually getting near to having a stronger squad ( on paper ) than last season. My only concern would be if Koulash takes over Oldham or Stanley Gene takes half the PNG to Gateshead.

If that happens Steve it will make for some great games for what is Known as the league of doom lol.
chappy

#149 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

You have a strong team for your league and should be one of the favorites and if nothing else should get you to at least the play-offs, if were having them next year?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#150 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

grimshaw???? If so he has mate

good player and will dominate Championship 1 if he stays fit

#151 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

I think some have misinterpreted "we have assembled a strong squad" with "we are going to walk the league", and hopefully we've all been around long enough to realise that is flawed logic.

The law of averages suggests York are going to beat us before much longer now, and Oldham have been a bit of a bogey side for Hunslet since the birth of the Northern Union! Worth remembering that both of this season's promoted teams lost at Hemel Stags too.

Anyway, we have enough players signed up to start and see how we might typically line up on match day now ...

1. Kain / Watson
2. Brickwood / Akaidere
3. Maun
4. Lyons / Wilson
5. Mapals
6. Grimshaw / Coyle
7. Coyle / Coyle
8. Broughton / Davies
9. Tebb / Haigh / March
10. Houston / Clough
11. Reed / Lyons
12. Oakes
13. March / Grimshaw

Not bad at all really for this stage of the close season ... and (whisper it quietly), not a single dual-reg in sight ...

let's hope your right and we can bin them off

#152 Neverumind3

Neverumind3
  • Players
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

Micheal Haley signed on aswelll, were looking strong all over the park

#153 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Excellent news.

#154 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

great stuff

Posted Image

#155 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 318 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

In all honesty i expect u guys to be the team to beat next season in champ 1

#156 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

In all honesty i expect u guys to be the team to beat next season in champ 1

.... Dont be blinded by the Bright lights ! Hunslet like Leeds united are both Great Clubs with A PROUD History. NO Better than 4th for me ....Some on here thought last season would see us in the playoffs.... 2015 will be Hunslets Year....

#157 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

why would you say 2015 would be our year and not next season 72?

Posted Image

#158 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 892 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

I think there's little doubt we WILL we generally perceived as the team to beat in this division next season, in real terms there's now surprisingly little difference in the make up and quality of the squad compared to last season.

However such labels usually bring their own pressures, with everybody else trying their damnedest to upset the formbook.

But however we perform next season, there is still a question mark about how and if there will be promotion. And I'm not sure whether the cancellation of tomorrows general meeting discussing 2015 structures means good news for next season's Championship 1 winners (and playoff winners) or not ..??

#159 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

maybe we will have a new coach in 2015???

#160 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

... please see sgt peppers reply ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users