Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Declan Hulme

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Dec has started for widnes tonight in the centres against Salford

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

Made up for the lad . Fitting reward for him after all his efforts this year . Yes it doesn't aid us , but even so .

#3 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

Made up for  Declan , really deserved his opporturtunity and I believe he played the full 80 and had a solid debut. Credit too Workington - get him playing at Batley he was supposed to be playing on Sunday with Flynn until Winterstein pulle dout this afternoon - two games in three days is nothing compared to what they have had to do lately and hes had two weeks off!!!

also both Walne brothers played and you could do a whole lot worse than them to for next season , especially with Salford making all sorts of signings . 

#4 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

Declan did not do anything great but was solid enough and deserved his chance.Be interesting if gets many chances next year when Marsh and Dean are fit.It is a squad game and he will get further chances.

#5 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 863 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

Great too see for Declan!! Was paddy ping pong in?

#6 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

Paddy was 18th man mate.So I think he could be available.Goodluck against Batley.

#7 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 863 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

Cheers mate all the best for next season, wonder of there will be any London lads signing if they go bust

#8 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

There is not many I would want from London next year.We need 2 big props to replace Ben Cross and Ben Davies who was awful anyway.I be looking at Kyle Amor at Wakefield if are struggling to keep players.If I was Workington I would loan Tom Gilmore who is a halfback with great ability.

#9 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

Made up for the lad . Fitting reward for him after all his efforts this year . Yes it doesn't aid us , but even so .

decs been solid for us once we got him in the centre berth rather than onthe wing.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#10 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

Well done Declan... you deserved it.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

The Walne brothers would be up there with Briscoe at the top of my list . Adam is a beast who would be the next Acton , and has the skills and speed to play wide to , and Jordan is just rock hard defensive starch and tough yards . As ever its the number 7 who'll be the key signing , that's your main man . We've took a couple of punts that haven't worked there . Yes we have Callum , but we need a half to give strength in depth . Someone not getting a gig in SL or a proven Champ level performer ? Hugely important to get our attack and creation and passing / kicking game running smoothly next year .

Edited by DavidM, 07 September 2013 - 10:27 AM.

#12 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

i wouldnt argue with you there David.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#13 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

What is the craic with Acton because it sounds on here as if we have definitely lost him for next season? If that is correct then we could regret letting him get away as props of his standard are not easy to find. Don't you just hate this time of year with no information and plenty of rumours flying around???

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#14 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,998 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

What is the craic with Acton because it sounds on here as if we have definitely lost him for next season? If that is correct then we could regret letting him get away as props of his standard are not easy to find. Don't you just hate this time of year with no information and plenty of rumours flying around???

Acton told a few fans in the bar after the last home game that Leigh had made him a very good offer and he was waiting for Town to make one.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#15 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

We hope don't lose him but if we do good luck to him

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

He's outstanding and only getting better . Hope we make him a good offer that reflects how important he is to us . He's become the main man so we really need to be snaring him . If Thacks and Calders go put that into keeping Acton ? Silly season will start on Monday ... Lot of it is empty but it is interesting getting all the gossip and craic . Keeps the wheels turning with no games on !! You do wonder were a lot of it originates !

Edited by DavidM, 07 September 2013 - 12:17 PM.