Rugby League World Cup 2017 Tours – Register Your Interest Now!
Join TotalRL.com, League Express & Rugby League World at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup in Australia, New Zealand & Papua New Guinea! Click here for more info

Rugby League World
FREE 2016 Fixture Guide
League Express

Rugby League Yearbook 2015-2016

Photo
- - - - -

What's going on at S.Wales Scorpions?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
83 replies to this topic

#81 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

That sounds good but if Gateshead and Hemel only play each other once how do they decide who has the benefit of not having to travel? Do Gateshead only play every team south of Sheffield once but any north of Sheffield twice?

Best ask Blake Solly!!  I was only reporting what was said in the meeting I attended!

#82 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 496 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

And my view is that Rochdale and Oldham aren't that much stronger than the sides you mention and certainly won't be five years from now.

Common sense. This is probably the best solution available. Of course, as ever, the devil is in the details.

I'd say that the likes of Oldham and Rochdale are stronger but that wasnt the point - with a 24 team SL1&SL2, and adding Toulouse to the mix you are going to have the likes of Keighley,Swinton,Hunslet,Barrow,York,Oldham&Rochdale all down in whatever the 3rd tier will be called. Or Donny,Whitehaven,Workington etc. The Southern clubs must have regular experience of playing against the class of player that these clubs will be able to call upon with much greater ease than us down here.

In the very early days of the consulation period (if that's what it was) I did see mention of it being regionalised with 1 club being promoted. Any of the Southern teams having a playoff against the Northern champs would be right up against it.

Anyway....if Solly&Rimmer are to be believed that wont happen AND unless my memory is failing me they said that it would be TWO clubs getting promoted each season up into the dizzy heights of SL2

Edited by Rascal Bongo Stork, 11 September 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#83 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

I'd say that the likes of Oldham and Rochdale are stronger but that wasnt the point - with a 24 team SL1&SL2, and adding Toulouse to the mix you are going to have the likes of Keighley,Swinton,Hunslet,Barrow,York,Oldham&Rochdale all down in whatever the 3rd tier will be called. Or Donny,Whitehaven,Workington etc. The Southern clubs must have regular experience of playing against the class of player that these clubs will be able to call upon with much greater ease than us down here.

In the very early days of the consulation period (if that's what it was) I did see mention of it being regionalised with 1 club being promoted. Any of the Southern teams having a playoff against the Northern champs would be right up against it.

Anyway....if Solly&Rimmer are to be believed that wont happen AND unless my memory is failing me they said that it would be TWO clubs getting promoted each season up into the dizzy heights of SL2

Correct. 2 up 2 down.

#84 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

God help Rugby League with the people who think they have to consistently change everything in order to justify their salary in charge!