Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Doncaster Match

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

Top vid rog plus we know Morro loves the Barmy Army.FACT.

#22 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

The only bulls who can play are obrien and Donaldson as they've played enough matches for us this season. The other bulls wev used this season ,1 game platt and olbison can't play and rightly so as cant sammut and co as they avent played any games for us, let alone the required amount.

It was an attempt at irony DTID. Even if regs did allow us access to Sammutt, I doubt we could afford his terms - and of course I really don't believe in the DR (as opposed to loan) system anyway. :rolleyes:

#23 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

Through the season nit has been easy to criticise the team and individual players at times. In some ways yesterday was a performance that typified our season but it would be churlish to be in any way critical - there were mistakes aplenty but the players played their hearts out, clearly carrying knocks and injuries that, in normal circumstances, would have prevented them from taking the field in the first instance. This must be testimony to the spirit and togetherness of the squad, combined with their belief in each other and the coaching team. It will be a really tough job to get past Sheffield but we can all be assured that whatever the outcome it won't be for the want of trying.

It may seem  a bit unfair on the squad to pick out individuals but yesterday, for me, Morton was outstanding once again and Gallagher and Hyde had massive games. TG in particular must have been on the pitch for longer than he has been in a match for a long time.

Credit to the fans as well for turning out in good numbers, with some notable exceptions (you know who you are - :tongue: ).

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#24 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

Another good win in my absence; perhaps it should remain so! Once again I'm very pleased to have got my prediction wrong and to be reminded, "Told you so".So will it make any difference if I go to Sheffield - again?

Looking at the video, it was pleasing to see how the tries were scored, but but both sides seemed to dislike tackling. We have to keep tackling hard against Sheffield and ensuring the ball is not offloade, otherwise the Eagles will make us pay.

Well done the lads.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#25 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

Can we afford to have Greg Scott in the side this week? If you watch the highlights and his season in general is defence is very poor. Austin and craven on the wings for me please, and drop molloy from the side who looked unfit and replace him with lillycrop. Be nice to see Adam obrien playing again Sunday if we can get him. Morton, craven,becket,pryce,Buchanan,Hyde,brown,Nash,Bentley,jones,heppy,hale,watkinson subs obrien,aizue,Lillycrop,Gallagher... Should be enough to beat Sheffield ;-)

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 11 September 2013 - 05:23 PM.

#26 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

Bentley looked knackered on sunday he should be used from the bench and O'brien should play from the start. I thought Molloy made good yards but was only brought in to cover for lillycrop. Both Goulding and Walshaw are not available as they were recalled by Wakefield therefore the loan agreement ends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users