Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Championship Playoffs Video Doncaster vs Dewsbury Rams 08/09/13

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Cableguy

Cableguy
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

Video of the tries from todays match. Get behind the boys for Sheffield!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6KzFOGAP3BY

#2 donnytilidie1

donnytilidie1
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

absolute joke of officiating, at least 2 of your tries came from forward passes, 1 had 2 in it blatant crossing in the lead up to one and the one where Cooke was remonstrating with the ref was because of a knock on before he picked up the ball to score.  But unfortunately thats the nature of the game so good luck next week and stuff those seagulls (Eagles)

#3 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

We could argue your first try was forward because it was no different to scot hales try once you take your donny tinted specs off?? and that your teams constant niggling and head high shots through out the game? Cheers anyway and good luck for next season :-) If you get bored next Sunday, get yourself to Sheffield and be a ram for day :-)

#4 donnytilidie1

donnytilidie1
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

The try I was refering to was the Buchanan one where there was blatant crossing and 2 passes that were not marginal but miles forward and its decisions like this that make a mockery of our game and I would still be saying this if the try had been awarded to Donny.  The niggling and head high shots both sides were guilty off according to a friend who plays for sheffield.  Anyway its done now i am working next sunday but will be a Ram for the day, all the best and see u next season where hopefully we will beat you.

#5 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

How many times have we beaten Doncaster this season?

#6 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

absolute joke of officiating, at least 2 of your tries came from forward passes, 1 had 2 in it blatant crossing in the lead up to one and the one where Cooke was remonstrating with the ref was because of a knock on before he picked up the ball to score.  But unfortunately thats the nature of the game so good luck next week and stuff those seagulls (Eagles)

Hale's try was a forward pass as was Dons first try. Buchanan's try was not blatant crossing and the passes were not forward. If Cooke had gone for the ball rather than obstructing the Rams player we might not have scored. Personally I would like to thank ex-Ram Mike Emmitt for the 4 penalties he gave us including the one converted which proved the difference. It was a good close game which could easily have gone either way.

#7 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

Hale's try was a forward pass as was Dons first try. Buchanan's try was not blatant crossing and the passes were not forward. If Cooke had gone for the ball rather than obstructing the Rams player we might not have scored. I think where Cooke was complaining was that the Dons player had control of the ball and the ball was grounded and Rams player took the ball off him. but the ref was a couple of metres away and we were 50 metres away and to be fair Cooke spends a lot of time complaining to the ref. I would like to thank ex-Ram Mike Emmitt for the 4 penalties he gave us including the one converted which proved the difference. It was a good close game which could easily have gone either way.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 09 September 2013 - 07:00 AM.

#8 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

To be honest we were humiliating you at football.Thats why you started playing dirty,Like at our ground your team should be in boxing booth.

#9 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,979 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

Video of the tries from todays match. Get behind the boys for Sheffield!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6KzFOGAP3BY

Thanks. Good quality and always interesting to watch again.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#10 donnytilidie1

donnytilidie1
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

To be honest we were humiliating you at football.Thats why you started playing dirty,Like at our ground your team should be in boxing booth.

from what I recall at your place two brawls were started by you players and you call us dirty, 2 of your players suspended for punching in 2 different games and as for that spear tackle by Karl Pryce at your place and the shoulder charge to the head yesterday, both occassions should have been sent off but both times the ref bottled it, mind you all season the standard of officiating in our league has been appalling and that goes for all teams involved.  Its been a great season for us and to even reach the play-offs was amazing all the best for next season.

#11 sparks1

sparks1
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

from what I recall at your place two brawls were started by you players and you call us dirty, 2 of your players suspended for punching in 2 different games and as for that spear tackle by Karl Pryce at your place and the shoulder charge to the head yesterday, both occassions should have been sent off but both times the ref bottled it, mind you all season the standard of officiating in our league has been appalling and that goes for all teams involved.  Its been a great season for us and to even reach the play-offs was amazing all the best for next season.

well the ref bottled it at our place when cooke should of walked for a professional foul on aaron brown. also when brawls kick off/start with doncaster you wont find lee waterman far from the action. anyway its 3 out of 3 against donny and well deserved

#12 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

Thanks for the video , nice to have another look, and be able to replay certain bits of the game.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#13 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

Squeaky clean Doncaster?? Come on!! Waterman was looking for fights for full 80 lol! As for starting fights, cowling got a 2 match ban in that match and craven and Lillycrop got 1. Other than that I don't think wev had a suspension all season so dirty we are not :)

#14 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,979 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

Squeaky clean Doncaster?? Come on!! Waterman was looking for fights for full 80 lol! As for starting fights, cowling got a 2 match ban in that match and craven and Lillycrop got 1. Other than that I don't think wev had a suspension all season so dirty we are not :)

Lillycrop's suspension was from the Leigh game by the way.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#15 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Lillycrop's suspension was from the Leigh game by the way.

. Fair enough but other than this, wev had no suspensions. If only we was as clean as Doncaster though..

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 09 September 2013 - 07:42 PM.

#16 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

We should all remember that the Doncaster fans are experts on good clean tackling and the avoidance of brawls from
their latter days at Belle Vue when their former (late) coach decided that any tackle below the neck was outlawed.
Perhaps they yearn for those days to return and make the Keepmoat into 'The House of Pain'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users