Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Match Report: Batley Bulldogs 68-28 Workington Town

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

Ide probs take keegan out and play mullaly, ide deffo play ash at loose forward,he always gives 100% and ide probs fetch hemingway in aswell, his kicking has been awesome for us this season and also if fit, ide play mauny instead of faal

#22 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Ide probs take keegan out and play mullaly, ide deffo play ash at loose forward,he always gives 100% and ide probs fetch hemingway in aswell, his kicking has been awesome for us this season and also if fit, ide play mauny instead of faal

Only change (injuries and dual reg availability not withstanding) will be Mullally in for Walmsley IMO. We desperately need four props in the XVII against a huge Leigh pack. Hirst's form seems to have picked up since our run of defeats.
There's also the possibility that Kear may decide that we need an extra forward on the bench. In that case, I'd wager that he'll leave out Hemingway in favour of Fairbank.

Posted Image

#23 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

yes what was the half time draw still got the draw ticket in my wallet no 13181 ,i will contact you later to let you know where to send the 500 quid TOWN SUPPORTER ha ha,

#24 dipset11

dipset11
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

terminator what about taking 4 players out who would u cut?

#25 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

Only change (injuries and dual reg availability not withstanding) will be Mullally in for Walmsley IMO. We desperately need four props in the XVII against a huge Leigh pack. Hirst's form seems to have picked up since our run of defeats.
There's also the possibility that Kear may decide that we need an extra forward on the bench. In that case, I'd wager that he'll leave out Hemingway in favour of Fairbank.

Exactly what I would do. Only change would be Mullaly for Walmesley. You maybe right about Hemingway but I would keep him on the bench because I do think he offers something extra to Moore.

#26 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

He does i agree, are all our dual reg players availabe to play? I.e have they all played enough games for us? I know mullally has but dont know abour johnson and fairbank

#27 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

Easiest one of the season. He was awesome today.

The new Adrian Vowles! The resemblance is uncanny - playing wise that is.

#28 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

Totally disagree about faal and so was most of 9 hole wanting him off and it just shows what we saw coz he was taken off

I doubt that JK listens to the nine oil when making his interchanges! For what it's worth I agree with the Terminator on Faal's contribution. We haven't seen the best of him yet.

#29 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

Ive watched him since he was at dewsbury, and all season here except for injurys, how long does it take for a player to show us his best? Retirement age?

#30 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

I think Faal gets better with every game.

#31 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

Bit late now though seasons nearly over

#32 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

Again I disagree. If he plays a blinder in next weeks match, no-one will complain. Perhaps we see things a little differently. Your comment about his injuries is interesting as it has meant that he has not played as often as he might have done. If he had played every week I am sure he would have been outstanding. I would have him in my team every week.

#33 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

Is that why they took him off yeaterday then, i mite be wrong but bit confusing him playing so well but getting took off

#34 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 910 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

yes what was the half time draw still got the draw ticket in my wallet no 13181 ,i will contact you later to let you know where to send the 500 quid TOWN SUPPORTER ha ha,

Winning Number 13126--Claimed £210. wasn't me i was 14 off.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#35 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

If he plays on sunday i hope to god he does have a blinder and ile be 1st to buy him a pint, after all he is still a bulldog, we must have srongest team possible out because i think leigh will be out for revenge and they'll want to stop there loosing streak aswel

#36 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

I couldn't agree more

#37 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

Thanks for putting up the draw number mate i will after cancel my holiday now,maybe you could make a collection for me at you next match ha ha

#38 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Winning Number 13126--Claimed £210. wasn't me i was 14 off.

BSJ's got more chance of winning it than I av :(

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#39 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

Faal was a class above most at Dewsbury, allied with his partner, who unfortunately we couldn't keep. He was kept waiting a while to get into the team, then picked up the injury, so he never really got started. He hasn't played any worse than a couple of others who probably haven't been at their best this season,and his advantage is that if Maun does retire and with Walton leaving he's bound to be first choice next year which will do his confidence no end of good. Regarding Dr men coming in; with the rumour that Hirst and Walmsley are off, then I'd replace them and probably, sadly, leave Lindsay out as well and maybe Bretherton, which again would be a shame as I've always liked him, he's a good footballer and has a good head for a forward. They will obviously be mumblings from other teams if we do stack up with Dr's, and i must admit I'm no great fan of the system, but it's there, like it or lump it, and every other team had the same chance to take advantage or not as they chose. At least we haven't abused it like 2 other teams I might mention, and isn't it strange that in those 2 cases it didn't do them any good at all, as they were both in the relegation pot right to the end. Shame York had to go, would rather have them in the division than Warrswinton.

#40 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

Faal was a class above most at Dewsbury, allied with his partner, who unfortunately we couldn't keep. He was kept waiting a while to get into the team, then picked up the injury, so he never really got started. He hasn't played any worse than a couple of others who probably haven't been at their best this season,and his advantage is that if Maun does retire and with Walton leaving he's bound to be first choice next year which will do his confidence no end of good. Regarding Dr men coming in; with the rumour that Hirst and Walmsley are off, then I'd replace them and probably, sadly, leave Lindsay out as well and maybe Bretherton, which again would be a shame as I've always liked him, he's a good footballer and has a good head for a forward. They will obviously be mumblings from other teams if we do stack up with Dr's, and i must admit I'm no great fan of the system, but it's there, like it or lump it, and every other team had the same chance to take advantage or not as they chose. At least we haven't abused it like 2 other teams I might mention, and isn't it strange that in those 2 cases it didn't do them any good at all, as they were both in the relegation pot right to the end. Shame York had to go, would rather have them in the division than Warrswinton.

Whichever club Faal has turned out for, he has always run out looking like Mr Bump - so much so I'm surprised they haven't named a hospital wing after him.

That said, he is a player who would, I reckon, have been a SL regular but for his injury problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users