TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Harry Jepson Trophy Final

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Jasper

Jasper
  • Coach
  • 347 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

Well done South West London Chargers

(I think that makes it 9 wins to southern teams, 4 wins to northern teams, 2 wins for midlands teams and 2 wins for Welsh teams since it started in 1997)

#22 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 995 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Well done South West London Chargers

(I think that makes it 9 wins to southern teams, 4 wins to northern teams, 2 wins for midlands teams and 2 wins for Welsh teams since it started in 1997)

I think its worth pointing out that one of the northern teams was a north east team.... and that northern teams in general arent entered...... and that the south had five of the eight entries this year and last... its therefore a good job the south has the upper hand.... ;)

I wonder if Cov Bears hold the record for appearances in a final? Need to check stats on that!

#23 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 995 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

That's a shame. I caught up with him in July up in Barrow. Gary Hetherington drove him up to Barrow to watch the Raiders v Hunslet.
He was in good form then, hopefully he continues in good health.

I think it was the pressures on his family to chaffeur rather than health Ron, with Leeds playing yesterday its a big ask. He's an absolute legend and he loves Butts Park - the tale of him being thrown out never grows old!

#24 London Drifter

London Drifter
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

West London Sharks have been in 4 finals:

Lost 2004
Lost 2008
Won 2009
Won 2013 (merged team with South London)

#25 London Drifter

London Drifter
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

Forget the whole South - just the Southern Premier (London Premier) has won 6 out of the last 8 years - shows the standard of that comp!!

2006 South London Storm
2007 St Albans Centurians
2009 West London Sharks
2010 St Albans Centurians
2012 London Skolars A
2013 SW London Chargers (merged South & West London)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users