Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Harry Jepson Trophy Final

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Jasper

Jasper
  • Coach
  • 331 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

Well done South West London Chargers

(I think that makes it 9 wins to southern teams, 4 wins to northern teams, 2 wins for midlands teams and 2 wins for Welsh teams since it started in 1997)

#22 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Well done South West London Chargers

(I think that makes it 9 wins to southern teams, 4 wins to northern teams, 2 wins for midlands teams and 2 wins for Welsh teams since it started in 1997)

I think its worth pointing out that one of the northern teams was a north east team.... and that northern teams in general arent entered...... and that the south had five of the eight entries this year and last... its therefore a good job the south has the upper hand.... ;)

I wonder if Cov Bears hold the record for appearances in a final? Need to check stats on that!

#23 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

That's a shame. I caught up with him in July up in Barrow. Gary Hetherington drove him up to Barrow to watch the Raiders v Hunslet.
He was in good form then, hopefully he continues in good health.

I think it was the pressures on his family to chaffeur rather than health Ron, with Leeds playing yesterday its a big ask. He's an absolute legend and he loves Butts Park - the tale of him being thrown out never grows old!

#24 London Drifter

London Drifter
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

West London Sharks have been in 4 finals:

Lost 2004
Lost 2008
Won 2009
Won 2013 (merged team with South London)

#25 London Drifter

London Drifter
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

Forget the whole South - just the Southern Premier (London Premier) has won 6 out of the last 8 years - shows the standard of that comp!!

2006 South London Storm
2007 St Albans Centurians
2009 West London Sharks
2010 St Albans Centurians
2012 London Skolars A
2013 SW London Chargers (merged South & West London)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users