TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Sheffield away, Sunday at 6.30pm

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

So we play sheffield Sunday evening, hope we take the same kind of fan base as we did to Doncaster. Hopefully the club will put a coach on to help get more to the game :)

#2 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

Any reason for the strange kick off time?

Our game at Leigh is on TV apparently and kicks off at 3 - very odd yours is at 630 unless its on tv too?
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#3 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,752 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

Any reason for the strange kick off time?

Our game at Leigh is on TV apparently and kicks off at 3 - very odd yours is at 630 unless its on tv too?

Simply the availability of the DVS I believe.

This won't be a problem next year, of course.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#4 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

The Don Valley is not available on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Work will then take place on Sunday during the day to accomodate the match and

this means that the only time that is available is Sunday Evening.

This highlights the difficulties caused by clubs who are not in control of there home facilities.

#5 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

Why not offer to switch the fixture ;)

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#6 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

Why not offer to switch the fixture ;)

It would attract a bigger crowd, thats for sure!

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#7 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

The RFL will not allow Play-off games to be switched.

#8 Dewsbury Rams

Dewsbury Rams
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

Just to confirm officially that the game against Sheffield Eagles will take place at the Don Valley Stadium on Sunday 15th September kick off 6.30pm.

The game is all pay with prices £15 for adults, £10 for concessions and £5 Juniors (U16) and students (with valid ID)

Junior season ticket holders can use their tickets to gain admission.

Any queries on pricing or ticketing should be addressed direct to the Eagles on 0114 261 0326 at the Don Valley Stadium

Edited by Dewsbury Rams, 09 September 2013 - 04:12 PM.

#9 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

Silly kick off time this is typically Sheffield always seem to find a excuse when they play us at home they always seem to screw us over

#10 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

Not really there fault though, to do with not having there own ground. That's the problem.

#11 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Given the choice I don't think Eagles would want it at that time either.Its the 2013 school games that DVS is hosting Thu to Sun.

Are the club running a bus ?

Edited by Ramite, 09 September 2013 - 07:39 PM.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#12 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

A nice message from glen on twitter tonight about wanting everyone to go to sheffield and be loud again. The players and gaffer certainly appreciated it yesterday so hope to see everyone there again Sunday night :)

#13 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

A nice message from glen on twitter tonight about wanting everyone to go to sheffield and be loud again. The players and gaffer certainly appreciated it yesterday so hope to see everyone there again Sunday night :)

Its sure is and here it is for the non twitter savy.

Glenn Morrison @Madmorros 2h

All the @DewsburyRams Barmy army and fans get down to Sheffield. Game is Sunday 6:30pm kick off. Be there and be loud. We love it.

#14 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:36 AM

Good luck rams, think you might just nick this, heavy woollen final dream is still on !!!!!

#15 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

Cheers bat lad. You too mate

#16 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

Its sure is and here it is for the non twitter savy.

Glenn Morrison @Madmorros 2h

All the @DewsburyRams Barmy army and fans get down to Sheffield. Game is Sunday 6:30pm kick off. Be there and be loud. We love it.

Will be taking my first holiday in three years on Saturday for a week - soaking up the sun (hopefully) and beer (definitely), so will miss it, but good luck to the lads anyway. About twitter - it looks like a collection of random and largely cryptic or pointless comments - is that it ? :no2:  Seems like the social networking industry is giving us ever increasing ways of communicating like cavemen or is it just me ?  :crazy:        Away the lads (again) :party:

#17 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 962 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

Gutted to be missing this one but as we have a prior engagement booked. However I (for once) have a little positive feeling about this, as we are due to get one over our feathered rivals from the south of the County. (Remember we did it all those years ago against Leigh when it counted). 

Good luck lads do us proud and I'll be there for the Semi final at Post Office Road!

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#18 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

I assume that there is a cash prize for winning the play offs, but can anybody tell me if there is any cash bonus for the other clubs who have qualified and is this graded dependant upon how far the club progresses? Gate shares against Donny and Sheffield wouldn't be vast, so a victory on Sunday and a visit to Fev would provide a welcome boost to the coffers.

#19 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

Will be taking my first holiday in three years on Saturday for a week - soaking up the sun (hopefully) and beer (definitely), so will miss it, but good luck to the lads anyway. About twitter - it looks like a collection of random and largely cryptic or pointless comments - is that it ? :no2:  Seems like the social networking industry is giving us ever increasing ways of communicating like cavemen or is it just me ?  :crazy:        Away the lads (again) :party:

No GOR it isn't just you. There are others of a certain mind set and ingrained attitude who share your opinions.

I content myself by thinking of how much time I have saved not familiarising myself with technologies which have quickly become obsolete. For example the man on the wireless told me recently that mobile phone technology has moved on to G4. How much time would I have wasted had I made the effort to get used to G1, G2 and G3? I'm thinking of making time to have a look at smart phones when they get to G6, ...........................or maybe I won't.

#20 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,752 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

No GOR it isn't just you. There are others of a certain mind set and ingrained attitude who share your opinions.

I content myself by thinking of how much time I have saved not familiarising myself with technologies which have quickly become obsolete. For example the man on the wireless told me recently that mobile phone technology has moved on to G4. How much time would I have wasted had I made the effort to get used to G1, G2 and G3? I'm thinking of making time to have a look at smart phones when they get to G6, ...........................or maybe I won't.

On the other hand I'm also an old gimmer who uses a smartphone and finds Twitter to be very useful. Then again I've made the effort to understand them (a bit) which I reckon makes all the difference.

On the other hand I still don't rate summer RL.

:hunter:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users