Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sheffield away, Sunday at 6.30pm

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#21 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

On the other hand I'm also an old gimmer who uses a smartphone and finds Twitter to be very useful. Then again I've made the effort to understand them (a bit) which I reckon makes all the difference.

On the other hand I still don't rate summer RL.

:hunter:

There was me thinking Christmas day up to the end of April was still Winter. :O For the record I became so sick of having to learn new technologies in a past (working) life I decided to become a technophobe in my retired one. Don't mind the tinternet and the forums, but I still hate using the phone - especially the fangled ones. :telephone:

#22 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,033 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

There was me thinking Christmas day up to the end of April was still Winter. :O For the record I became so sick of having to learn new technologies in a past (working) life I decided to become a technophobe in my retired one. Don't mind the tinternet and the forums, but I still hate using the phone - especially the fangled ones. :telephone:

:biggrin:

Enjoy your holiday Grumpy. I shall also be absent for similar reasons but, saddo that I am, will still be following the score on-line.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#23 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,477 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

The RFL will not allow Play-off games to be switched.

Couldn't even swap a Reserve Grade game a couple of years ago.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#24 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Omens looking good for the Rams. Sheffield three losses on the trot, we have won last three and crucially the weather forecast is bad which will be a great leveller. Given the team's ability to grind out close games, I think we could scrape a win. Spirit of 1973 when we were underdogs might just see us through

Eagles 12 Rams 14

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 12 September 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#25 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

If we do win, we're 80 minutes away from the grand final. Who would of thought that after all the mid season form?

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 12 September 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#26 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

Notice that glen as give the fans a mension in the reporter after the Doncaster support! Glen loves the songs aparantly ...

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 13 September 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#27 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

You should here the team song in the home dressing room after a win at home. No only does the door get a good thrashing the air is rather blue.

#28 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

Notice that glen as give the fans a mension in the reporter after the Doncaster support! Glen loves the songs aparantly ...

Is it similar to the "We are the Dewsbury Rams and who the BEEP are you?" song from 2000?

#29 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 803 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

Think we will carry on the good results , not much in it though looking at the weather forecast.
Eagles 14- rams 18
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#30 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

Is it similar to the "We are the Dewsbury Rams and who the BEEP are you?" song from 2000?

I don't think it is, heard it . Sounds mental lol

#31 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

I have a sneaky feeling we could win this one but not going to make a prediction as I don't want to be gutted if or when it goes wrong ha. Need to improve our defence if we are to beat Sheffield though. I worry about Greg Scott's defence

#32 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,033 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

Web have such a poor record against Sheffield that it is difficult to be confident. However we are on a little bit of a roll and Sheffield have been dire recently so maybe, just maybe, we might come out on top.

Whatever the outcome we have to regard the season as a success overall - well done to GM and the team.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#33 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

Reading the Eagles Forum the Schools Games feature a lot of field events so the pitch is likely to be cut up even before the start of the rugby. So likely to be what they call an arm wrestle and the boys seem pretty good at grinding out close matches.

#34 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 938 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

Reading the Eagles Forum the Schools Games feature a lot of field events so the pitch is likely to be cut up even before the start of the rugby. So likely to be what they call an arm wrestle and the boys seem pretty good at grinding out close matches.

Add to the fact the weather is going to be good for only ducks,i can see the pitch been a mud patch on Sunday,can see it been a very close game.

#35 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

Yes it is very much like that one I have a copy on a sheet of paper some where. I dare not repeat any of it here as it would eclipse one of gordon ramsay's tirades quite easily. 

#36 dunno much

dunno much
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

Rams by 8

#37 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

good look tday lads from a fev fan hope my mate dale morton has a good game for you today let me get it right if you win do you play us '' fev' in the next game good look again

#38 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

Today will be vital for our defence to be committed for the full 80 minutes if we are to beat Sheffield. I'm not sure we can manage that, after all we almost came unstuck last week and again at Keighley not so many weeks ago.

I don't think the Eagles will want to relinquish their hold on the title at this stage of the competition, so we must be totally aware of what they can do, especially against us.

Sheffield 34-14 Dewsbury

Att: 652

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#39 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

Yeah victory for rams means a trip to fev for a place in the grand final

#40 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

Can't see past a sheffield win but I got the last one wrong so fingers crossed you win this one too.

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users