Sheffield away, Sunday at 6.30pm

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

Great support again tonight! Must of been 300 again if not more! Sang our hearts out too!!!

#62 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

Aparantly our new fullback is Stuart reardon by the way! Roll on next season. Gutted but happy with the season in general and the progress wev made after last season. Thanks rams fans for last few week ends too! Top support

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 15 September 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#63 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Is that him who did its a knockout?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#64 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

Outplayed by Sheffield tonight, good weather and pitch unfortunately so hoped for mud fest in driving rain never happened.

Kicking game really poor tonight and tackling not great but couple of nice tries from Greg Scott and pleased Craven got a try even if the pass was well forward.

At the start of the season with a new team and a new coach I was hoping to just avoid relegation, so second round of play-offs an extra bonus. Hopefully a more settled team next year and fewer injuries and we might improve a place or two.

Well done to GM and the players for their achievements this season against the odds.

#65 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

Aparantly our new fullback is Stuart reardon by the way! Roll on next season.

Hope you meant this as a joke! There is absolutely no chance.

#66 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

Is that him who did its a knockout?

didnt hear much noise from your lot Admitted it was over the radio but even so.What happend did the pedals come off the push bike.

#67 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

didnt hear much noise from your lot Admitted it was over the radio but even so.What happend did the pedals come off the push bike.

No it's fine and will get us to our next match. Why not come and join us seeing as you do not have another match this season?

#68 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

Very disappointed with our performance. Tackling was woeful, the kicking game (as others pointed out) was tactically useless and on attack, for most of the game, it was the usual barge forward.

All that as above, until the final 10 minutes or so and then we woke up (or did Sheffield nod off?). A late fight back and if we had had a further ten minutes, perhaps enough to worry the Eagles? Okay, maybe not.

Sheffield continued their underhand tactics as we have seen in previous games. They seem to magic penalties from nothing (first half, player holds ball in one hand, about to pass it, then somehow manages to drop it and gets a penalty for ball stripping - result, a try), but are able to avoid giving them away (again in the first half  player runs behind his own man, then cuts inside behind another - result, nothing said. After writing all that, I think, somehow, we won the penalty count!

I have to say though, they were the better side and things went their way..

The great positive was our support; the songs, shouting and cheering were consistent throughout the entire game. Sheffield followers were quiet in the extreme; we only heard the occasional muffled 'Eagles, Eagles', thanks to the backing (well. the banging) of the drum. At the retort of 'You're supposed to be at home...etc', that returned nothing. Well done to all our supporters and the team coming to support US at the end.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#69 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

Was talking to our mascot after game who got a good view of the crowd. He said atleest 350 easy were dewsbury fans. It surprised me because I didn't think we'd take alot with it been a Sunday but we did. I was abit shocked when I got to my seat just on kickoff but well done everyone!!. That's a terrific support for a Sunday night considering families with kids won't of been able to turn up with kids having school, just think if we kicked off at 3, we'd of probs took even more! When we sit together like the majority of us did we make more noise!

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 17 September 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#70 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,650 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

Sheffield continued their underhand tactics as we have seen in previous games. They seem to magic penalties from nothing (first half, player holds ball in one hand, about to pass it, then somehow manages to drop it and gets a penalty for ball stripping - result, a try), but are able to avoid giving them away (again in the first half  player runs behind his own man, then cuts inside behind another - result, nothing said. After writing all that, I think, somehow, we won the penalty count!

Underhand ?  What the referee saw some offence and its underhand tactics ?

Never read anything so one-eyed for days ........

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#71 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,292 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

You must have stopped reading your own forum then Griff!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#72 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,650 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

You must have stopped reading your own forum then Griff!

:laugh:

I did say "days", Johnny.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#73 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

One-eyed? How did you know?
Legs, Dews, Legs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users