Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Eagles' new ground?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 934 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:50 PM

I was at Owlerton yesterday, no sign of red shale!

I did not take a tape measure but we were assured that the RFL had given their approval to the pitch

There are potential issues with lighting, currently the plans include an earlier kick-off on Sundays and temporary lighting for night matches.  

It is good to see the Rugby League community is rallying round when the most successful club outside Super League suffers a minor problem.

sorry for late reply i must a missed this one. not wishing to fall out with anyone but i did walk over pitch a couple a times and if you dig your heal in its a foot deep in shale in places due to years of races cars and tractors/graders running over and been stored on the pitch. have a look at picture on stoxnet forum in the phot gallery area for november meet and you can see yourself the pitch is still redish orange due the the depth of shale still on the pitch, i was mentioned the pitch was going to be worked on or even replaced for games in march. its not   dig at anyone were just an update at the time. am sure it wont do any good to have your first game and the oppostion get cut to shreds in the tackle,???when is your first game at owlerton,i remember going first time round when it was well lush and proptedted from the racing same as northern were at odsal years back.all the best for 2014

http://photos.stoxnet.com/ .

#22 hawk-eye

hawk-eye
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

I really don't think the Eagles would risk players welfare with a dangerous pitch, it has been a while since November!

The Eagles first game is 16th Feb against Rochdale, you will be very welcome.

Posted Image

#23 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

Like any other pitch it will have to pass an inspection by the referee before any game can be played on it. I'm sure the ground staff have been and will be working hard to ensure the pitch is in the best possible condition for the start of the new season. Sheffield are a top professional club and I very much doubt there will be a problem

#24 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 934 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

Like any other pitch it will have to pass an inspection by the referee before any game can be played on it. I'm sure the ground staff have been and will be working hard to ensure the pitch is in the best possible condition for the start of the new season. Sheffield are a top professional club and I very much doubt there will be a problem

i sure hope your right, not many pitch's have had 25 years a  stockcars and speedway racing round it since you last played their, best bet would be to have a friendly at owlerton or maybe even a youth game or a training session before the first game to make sure. otherwise have plenty of bandaids on hand fella.lol.

all the best for 2014 besides when your at the mount. :hunter:

#25 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

Mm, interesting reading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users