• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

And no, it isn't.

He was brilliant defensively against Wigan on the whole. He shut down every attack play that went wide apart from the one where he was stepped back on but hey, Josh Morris is equally as "poor" in defence. The only games I have seen Watkins have poor defensive performances in over the last couple of years are the ones where he played out of position at full back. At centre I have no worries about him.

Please say you are joking about Josh Morris being poor in defence.

#62 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

Who has said cudjoes is 'rubbish'? It's only you banding terms like 'shocking' about to describe Watkins.

Just admit it, it really does pain you to give praise to a Leeds player.

Cudjoe may well be a better defensive centre, doesn't mean Watkins is shocking.

#63 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

I like Watkins, but I'd be very disappointed if the Giants announced they'd done a swap deal and sent Leroy off the to Rhinos in exchange for him.

That's me.  I'm done.

#64 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

Yeah. That does grate, I'll admit it
Fwiw I have said several time I think Watkins is a superb centre (amusingly his raw stats are on a par with Wardel's on the other Giants flank) and I definately think that he and Cudjoe should be the England centres

So yeah, it's a defensive reaction when people say "Cudjoe is rubbish" when he patently isn't

To be fair I'd also say the same about a player at another club in the same situation...and have in the past

Also just to add, you're being a tad hypocritical here, you say you're defensive when people label cudjoe 'rubbish' (which no one has btw) but you can't understand Leeds fans defending their own players when you call them a 'joke' and 'shocking'.

#65 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

He isn't !!!

He looks half decent in an average Widnes side.

Smith has brought a good kicking game to the Wigan side and the likes of Dobson & Chase have been far more influential in their teams performances than Mellor has, and both have come up with numerous 'special plays' this year that have turned matches in their teams favour.

you haven't watched widnes much this season then??? or you wouldn't post such inaccurate twaddle.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#66 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

I like Watkins, but I'd be very disappointed if the Giants announced they'd done a swap deal and sent Leroy off the to Rhinos in exchange for him.

I wouldn't welcome that swap either, but glad we have 2 excellent starting centres for England.

#67 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

as a neutral i have to say the both cudjoe and watkins are outstanding centres who should both play for england in the RLWC.......
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#68 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

Also just to add, you're being a tad hypocritical here, you say you're defensive when people label cudjoe 'rubbish' (which no one has btw) but you can't understand Leeds fans defending their own players when you call them a 'joke' and 'shocking'.

Apart from Watkins, whose defence is shocking ;)

Still, better than Ablett :P

#69 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,592 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

Apart from Watkins, whose defence is shocking ;)

Still, better than Ablett :P

Who has been clip-clopping over your bridge.Time for you to get the three Billy Goats Gruff ;)

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#70 charlie stones boots

charlie stones boots
  • Players
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

Sorry but I think cudjoe is the best centre this season but having watched ben crooks all year for shear pace and clean breaks he deserved to be in there and how whiting never gets mentioned by anyone is beyond me he has played in all the backs positions this year at second row and loose forward if there is a better utility player about I havent seen him.
If hull ever get a good coach they would realise this before he gets miffed and ends up at castleford or god forbid rovers

#71 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

you haven't watched widnes much this season then??? or you wouldn't post such inaccurate twaddle.

About the same amount as i've watched Hull KR, Wigan & Cas, and enough to see Smith, Chase & Dobson have delivered performances this year that far exceed anything Mellor has managed. I'd even put Sammut ahead of Mellor in terms on influential performances.

Maybe you should take your widnes tinted specs off and see that other halves have been better than Mellor this year.

#72 robrugby8

robrugby8
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

'The 2013 Dream Team features 12 Englishmen plus Danny Brough, the Dewsbury-born Huddersfield Giants stand-off who captained Scotland in the 2008 World Cup and who is set to lead the Bravehearts in Rugby League World Cup 2013.'

errr I thought Dewsbury was in England or do I need more geography lessons ??

#73 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

'The 2013 Dream Team features 12 Englishmen plus Danny Brough, the Dewsbury-born Huddersfield Giants stand-off who captained Scotland in the 2008 World Cup and who is set to lead the Bravehearts in Rugby League World Cup 2013.'

errr I thought Dewsbury was in England or do I need more geography lessons ??

Yes.

#74 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

That's a pretty blatant dig at Steve MacNamara for the fact the best halfback in the country is playing for Scotland...

#75 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

Are their Dream team replica shirts on public sale?

#76 robrugby8

robrugby8
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

Are their Dream team replica shirts on public sale?

if they are I would get one

#77 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

That's a pretty blatant dig at Steve MacNamara for the fact the best halfback in the country is playing for Scotland...

It's really not, it's more of a bigging up Scotland thing than anything else.

#78 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,698 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

Not really. Unless you believe that Dream team should be the starting 13 for England.

#79 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,839 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

Heard a strong rumour that Martyn has already sent a photographer down to Wigan to do the Matty Smith Golden Boot photoshoot.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#80 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,640 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

if they are I would get one

http://www.colour-bl...ur-test-plates/

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users