#1 Victoria Dawson

Victoria Dawson
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

RLWC 2013 Celebration Day

At The John Smith’s Stadium, Huddersfield

Friday 1st November, 2013

9.30am                                 Boxes of heritage exhibitions open to public

11.00am to 11.30am         Arrival and refreshments for speakers and panellists

11.30am                               Welcome and Introduction (David Hinchliffe, event chair)

11.40am to 12.15pm         Individual Speakers: World Cup 2013 (including David Oxley CBE)

12.15pm to 1.15pm           Panel 1: WC Memories (Chair: Phil Caplan; panel inc. Robbie Hunter-Paul; John Kear; Bev Risman OBE; Johnny Whiteley; Neil Fox; Ian Brooke)

1.15pm to 2.00pm             Buffet Lunch and viewing of exhibitions

2.00pm                                 Panel 2 and Film: 1972 World Cup (Chair: Professor Tony Collins; panel including John Atkinson; David Jeanes; Harry Jepson; Steve Nash)

3.00pm to 3.15pm             Refreshments

3.15pm to 4.15pm             Panel 3: The Future of International Rugby League (Chair: Dave Woods; panel including Gary Hetherington; Julia Lee; Garry Schofield OBE)

4.15pm to 5.00pm             Question and Answer

Closing Address                  Professor Tony Collins

Rugby League Cares Charity Dinner at The John Smith’s Stadium, Huddersfield

7pm to 12.30am                Three course dinner. Guest speakers include Darren Lockyer, Professor Tony Collins plus more TBC.

Ticket Info

Celebration Day tickets only £10 from www.huddersfieldrlheritage.co.uk

RL Cares Charity Dinner tickets start at £40pp. For more information and to book your place email lyndsey.spencer@rfl.uk.com or call: 0113 237 5512

These events are prior to England v Ireland at John Smith's Stadium, Saturday November 2nd.

Follow me on Twitter: @VDawsonRL

#2 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

Will have to see about getting some more time off work!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#3 Victoria Dawson

Victoria Dawson
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

Will have to see about getting some more time off work!

Let me know if you are, you can join myself and Hornetto from the TRLers that will be there making a weekend of it with the good Prof. :)

#4 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for the info. Sounds a great day out, will sort myself a ticket.

#5 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

Would love to go to this. Sounds like a great event & one to savour. "Unfortunately" I'll be in Avignon!

There does seem to be some good stuff around the World Cup. There is the history exhibition and a couple of talks & debates at Leeds' library at the moment & I've just seen some stuff on RL & the south west & Wales advertised for Bristol. Host cities really do seem to be embracing the World Cup this time around.

#6 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

Let me know if you are, you can join myself and Hornetto from the TRLers that will be there making a weekend of it with the good Prof. :)

Not getting any more time off. I already have it booked! I have from Weds 30th to Mon 11th off!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#7 Victoria Dawson

Victoria Dawson
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

Not getting any more time off. I already have it booked! I have from Weds 30th to Mon 11th off!

Great stuff! Look forward to seeing you there.

#8 Victoria Dawson

Victoria Dawson
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

An update on the dinner: Mal Meninga is apparently speaking too.

#9 Victoria Dawson

Victoria Dawson
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

This is the press release for the Celebration Day:

Rugby League World Cup

Celebration Day

at

The John Smith’s Stadium, Huddersfield

Friday 1st November 2013

UNIQUE WORLD CUP EVENT AT JOHN SMITH'S STADIUM

On Friday 1st November The John Smith's Stadium is to host a unique World Cup occasion, the competition's Celebration Day.

Fans can enjoy listening to a galaxy of rugby league stars in a series of panels. They will discuss their world cup memories, the 2013 tournament and the future of international rugby league. There will also be film from past tournaments and exhibitions of memorabilia from many of the leading clubs.

Speakers and panellists include David Oxley CBE, Neil Fox MBE, Dave Woods, Angela Powers, Garry Schofield OBE, Robbie Hunter-Paul, Bev Risman OBE, John Kear, Gary Hetherington, Johnny Whiteley and Tony Collins.

Event organiser David Thorpe said:

'Our aim has been to make this event affordable for the fans. Tickets, which include morning and afternoon refreshments and a buffet lunch, cost just £10. I doubt there will never be another event like this. It really is a unique opportunity to listen to and meet so many of the game's leading names in one place. They are all giving generously of their time to give the fans a day to remember.'

Doors open to the exhibitions in the main stand at The John Smith's Stadium at 9.30am. The first speakers and panels begin in the Revell Ward Suite at 11.30am and will run through the day, with breaks for lunch and refreshments, until about 4.45pm.

Tickets can be purchased online at www.huddersfieldrlheritage.co.uk, by ringing (01484) 484134 or by emailing sportsinspire@talktalk.net.

#10 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

Just bought my ticket

#11 Victoria Dawson

Victoria Dawson
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

Just bought my ticket

Great stuff! That's 3TRLers with myself and Hornetto. We shall see you there. Will be nice to meet you. :-)

#12 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

I assume there's parking?

EDIT: Yes there is!

Edited by brooza, 17 September 2013 - 10:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users