League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Would you like to see any changes to this section of the forum?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Which option do you prefer? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Which option do you prefer?

1. Split into two separate summer / winter league forums. (11 votes [45.83%])

Percentage of vote: 45.83%

2. Keep everything in one place as it is now. (11 votes [45.83%])

Percentage of vote: 45.83%

3. I'm not bothered either way. (2 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

4. I have a different suggestion - (please post details below). (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

The TotalRL.com website will be reluanching with a new look, new features and a new forum on Friday 11th October 2013.

We've had quite a few requests over recent months to split the Community Rugby League Forum into separate sections to reflect the different interests of those who play, follow and/or prefer the community game in summer and those who play, follow and/or prefer the community game in winter. So, instead of the 'one size fits all' Community forum we have at the moment, we'd end up with these two new forum sections instead:-

Community Rugby – Summer Leagues forum
Community Rugby – Winter Leagues forum

We are open to these requests if it will make the forum overall a better and more engaging place for its members. The forthcoming relaunch of this website seems like the perfect opportunity to make such changes.

Before we go ahead, we'd like to canvas your views.

Please feel free to vote in the poll and/or post your comments below and we will take these into account.

Also, if you're interested in becoming a moderator on the Community Rugby League forum(s) in future, please send me a PM, as we're always on the lookout for willing volunteers!

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

I think keep them as one, but have a seperate board for people to fight over which is better! :laugh:

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#3 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 974 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

I think keep them as one, but have a seperate board for people to fight over which is better! :laugh:

This. We are all the community game.

#4 Exiled Townie

Exiled Townie
  • Coach
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

Purely on a personal note, I say two separate forums.  I support summer rugby, help out at a southern based team and live down south, and to be honest I don't have much knowledge of the winter game any more.  Also you might get more banter between supporters/teams if there are separate forums.

Jamfree.gifth_jasmax001.jpglaughingstock.jpg
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G.Orwell.
St Albans Centurions Website & St Albans Centurions Photo Site

#5 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

The playing season is always going to be a key debating issue by separating the two are you not then stifling debate, and are we not supposed to be a four seasons sport ?

#6 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

Its doesnt really matter if you look on other boards people will start topics that have nothing to do with that forum or highjack a subject, its up to others to decide if they reply or just igonre topics

#7 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

Why would anyone want to split the community rugby league forum unless one group are worried about the increasing volume of vocal unrest against summer rugby.

If this is the reason a request to split the forum has been logged by a few surely all they have to do is visit a RFL website if they only want to see the sunshine.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#8 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,979 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

Have a forum for discussing community Rugby league.

Have a separate forum to shunt any and all discussions of the seasons.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#9 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

Why would anyone want to split the community rugby league forum unless one group are worried about the increasing volume of vocal unrest against summer rugby.

If this is the reason a request to split the forum has been logged by a few surely all they have to do is visit a RFL website if they only want to see the sunshine.

Shouldnt bother you, you can always turn any discusion into how bad summer and the RFL are.

You actually seem to take pleasure in it

#10 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

Shouldnt bother you, you can always turn any discusion into how bad summer and the RFL are.

You actually seem to take pleasure in it

Lets see what happens IF the RFL allow BARLA to operate on a level playing field and run a winter National league, maybe then we can all hold hands and skip in the same circle.

Edited by Marauder, 10 September 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#11 BARRETT

BARRETT
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

Could you have a separate one for Marauder?  ;)

#12 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Lets see what happens IF the RFL allow BARLA to operate on a level playing field and run a winter National league, maybe then we can all hold hands and skip in the same circle.

Didnt Barla try a national winter league and it never got off the ground through lack of numbers( i fully expect you know a load of different reasons athat may involve the RFL)

The pennine league run a very good winter league and NCL a summer one but it seems some people dont like one or the other

#13 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Didnt Barla try a national winter league and it never got off the ground through lack of numbers( i fully expect you know a load of different reasons athat may involve the RFL)

The pennine league run a very good winter league and NCL a summer one but it seems some people dont like one or the other

Number wise a full division have informed BARLA that they want to go back to winter rugby but would also like the standards that they are used to ;)  The stumbling block at the moment falls at the feet of the RFL controlled Community Board who have to sanction any new leagues

The interest is there now and I'm sure teams like Sharlston, Queens, Drig and a few others from around the North will be made welcome

As you can see situations change.

Didn't the RFL want to take the NCL into the summer many moons ago and the clubs voted overwhelmingly against it. :sclerosis:

"Your taking it off of topic" :girlwerewolf:

Edited by Marauder, 10 September 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#14 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

Number wise a full division have informed BARLA that they want to go back to winter rugby but would also like the standards that they are used to ;)  The stumbling block at the moment falls at the feet of the RFL controlled Community Board who have to sanction any new leagues

The interest is there now and I'm sure teams like Sharlston, Queens, Drig and a few others from around the North will be made welcome

As you can see situations change.

Didn't the RFL want to take the NCL into the summer many moons ago and the clubs voted overwhelmingly against it. :sclerosis:

"Your taking it off of topic" :girlwerewolf:

So you know a full division that want to leave the NCL and go back ot Winter.You will say who they are and use the excuse they dont want it common knowledge but somehow you found out.

Wernt you pro summer many moons ago but changed your mind , teams and people can

#15 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

So you know a full division that want to leave the NCL and go back ot Winter.You will say who they are and use the excuse they dont want it common knowledge but somehow you found out.

Wernt you pro summer many moons ago but changed your mind , teams and people can

I was pro winter and summer and you'll find out I'm not against the principal of summer rugby, without going over old ground you'll also know that I said clubs will find many problems with summer rugby which they did in their first season, these problems are still there and don't seem to be going away, in fact I predicted they will get worse season by season (Just talking from experience)

Did your club by any chance have the service area kids directed towards it by the RFL?

#16 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

Old ground .
The thread is about splitting the forum and segregating opinion so putting the summer / winter debate back to its own thread you to please .

What I see developing is a fundamental shift in sterilising debate and if you like putting all the eggs in one basket .

If moderators moderate then there is no need to change the forum SIMPLES .

#17 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

I was pro winter and summer and you'll find out I'm not against the principal of summer rugby, without going over old ground you'll also know that I said clubs will find many problems with summer rugby which they did in their first season, these problems are still there and don't seem to be going away, in fact I predicted they will get worse season by season (Just talking from experience)

Did your club by any chance have the service area kids directed towards it by the RFL?

Regarding service area kids not as far as im aware which age groups are we talking about

#18 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

Guys, guys, guys! There is a thread on here to argue the pros and cons about summer/winter rugby

http://www.totalrl.c...rwinter-debate/

Please keep that particular debate in there, and keep this one about whether you want this forum to split into two separate sections or not, or to propose other alternative ideas about the forum itself.

No decision on any of this has been made. As site admin, I just want to provide a forum that best serves the needs of the people who want to use it. It's up to you, hence starting this thread in the first place.

Thanks.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#19 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

Keep it all in one place - the games divided enough as it is!

#20 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

Keep it all in one place - the games divided enough as it is!

That's the tactic divide and rule .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users