Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Would you like to see any changes to this section of the forum?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Which option do you prefer? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Which option do you prefer?

1. Split into two separate summer / winter league forums. (11 votes [45.83%])

Percentage of vote: 45.83%

2. Keep everything in one place as it is now. (11 votes [45.83%])

Percentage of vote: 45.83%

3. I'm not bothered either way. (2 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

4. I have a different suggestion - (please post details below). (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#21 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

That's the tactic divide and rule .

Divided because the voice outlining the pit falls of summer rugby are getting stronger and louder, I never once saw any indication to divided when the roll was on towards summer rugby.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#22 Stew R

Stew R
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

It's probably not worth splitting the forums and just leave as is and accept that those who wish to discuss anything other than; the Summer / winter debate, RFL conspiracies and how things were better back in the day, will go elsewhere or not bother. It's not worth the drain on enthusiasm for this sport.
This forum is a shadow of it's former self and I'm not sure how you'd reverse that.
"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."

#23 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

It's probably not worth splitting the forums and just leave as is and accept that those who wish to discuss anything other than; the Summer / winter debate, RFL conspiracies and how things were better back in the day, will go elsewhere or not bother. It's not worth the drain on enthusiasm for this sport.
This forum is a shadow of it's former self and I'm not sure how you'd reverse that.

Yes it was better when it was full of RLC club secretaries playing charades and all the enthusiasm was towards developing the game outside of the heartlands, what we are seeing know is more people waking up to the reality of summer rugby played over a nine month season and the wheeling and dealing that has been going on behind the scenes by the RFL to entice leagues to go summer and for me the most damaging actions are the restrictions being placed onto the winter based leagues by the community board (RFL puppets) the final nail or what they see as the final nail is trying to force the Operational Rules onto everyone.

I've read on here a certain amateur organisation recommending their clubs accept the OR and the same person whinging about having it's best junior players being taken away from them and placed into another club

Edited by Marauder, 14 September 2013 - 05:16 PM.

#24 costa

costa
  • Players
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

Can't we just have one forum but have a break in December-January?

#25 Stew R

Stew R
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

I've read on here a certain amateur organisation recommending their clubs accept the OR and the same person whinging about having it's best junior players being taken away from them and placed into another club

Maybe it is because that person ( if I'm picking up on your hints ) is taking his role as an elected position within that organisation professionally and recommending to the clubs what is best for the area and the clubs within that area.
The issues he may have with the progression of his club's players away from the club, he is able to keep seperate and view the game's progression as a whole within a national sporting landscape.

Then again I may be wrong and find myself being sucked into another broken record of a discussion
"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."

#26 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

Maybe it is because that person ( if I'm picking up on your hints ) is taking his role as an elected position within that organisation professionally and recommending to the clubs what is best for the area and the clubs within that area.
The issues he may have with the progression of his club's players away from the club, he is able to keep seperate and view the game's progression as a whole within a national sporting landscape.

Then again I may be wrong and find myself being sucked into another broken record of a discussion

Maybe that is the way it's being looked at, but surely there is a problem and this should be highlighted and not bypassed, it doesn't take much for a volunteer to walk away if all their hard work keeps getting undermined or do they just join the nominated elite club shrinking the area of development.

I'd like to add I do respect the guy and hold is opinions very highly.

#27 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,351 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

Interesting. Now we see the real issue isn't summer v winter, it's a "who governs the game" debate and the playing season is one of the battle lines. Perhaps the governance issue needs a separate thread. One that I'd be happy to contribute to after the Midlands RL clubs have had their say on the future.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#28 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

Interesting. Now we see the real issue isn't summer v winter, it's a "who governs the game" debate and the playing season is one of the battle lines. Perhaps the governance issue needs a separate thread. One that I'd be happy to contribute to after the Midlands RL clubs have had their say on the future.

It's not all about who governs the game but how they are proposing to govern the game, already we are seeing a massive reduction in participation at every level since the drive to destroy everything to do with a traditional season, on top of this we've also seen the (lets call it relaxing of bye-laws) allowed changes that has seen service areas directing elite players to the chosen few, this act alone has seen the none fashionable clubs being put to a further disadvantage and often seen teams folding and volunteers walking away from the game, this also has the knock on effect further up the food chain at open age level.

Why does the governing body (RFL) stand in the way of Traditionalist when they want to add a higher level to their pyramid system? Is this just an indication of what we can expect from the RFL (Please don't tell me it's all dealt with at Community Board level)

#29 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,351 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

It's not all about who governs the game but how they are proposing to govern the game, already we are seeing a massive reduction in participation at every level since the drive to destroy everything to do with a traditional season, on top of this we've also seen the (lets call it relaxing of bye-laws) allowed changes that has seen service areas directing elite players to the chosen few, this act alone has seen the none fashionable clubs being put to a further disadvantage and often seen teams folding and volunteers walking away from the game, this also has the knock on effect further up the food chain at open age level.

Why does the governing body (RFL) stand in the way of Traditionalist when they want to add a higher level to their pyramid system? Is this just an indication of what we can expect from the RFL (Please don't tell me it's all dealt with at Community Board level)

Surely the "who" and "how" are one and the same? Which is why I think there's a separate discussion to be had on the subject.

As I said, I'll comment later. Possibly. If I can be bothered.

Back on topic, I say keep it in one forum.

Edited by tim2, 16 September 2013 - 10:19 AM.

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#30 BARRETT

BARRETT
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

For Heaven's sake Marauder!  You just go on and on and on.  Read what the heading of this particular thread is - and then divert your ramblings onto another thread that's more appropriate to your comments!  At least people will know how they can avoid you.

#31 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,717 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

Given that the poll has proved so inconclusive, to avoid any confusion we've decided we won't be changing the structure of the forum at all when the site relaunches on 11th Oct.

Thanks for all your feedback.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users