League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New-look TotalRL.com (launching 11th Oct) - Suggestion Box

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: How should we organise World Cup threads on the forum? (59 member(s) have cast votes)

How should we organise World Cup threads on the forum?

1. Keep all World Cup discussion in the General Rugby League Forum. (18 votes [30.51%])

Percentage of vote: 30.51%

2. Rename the International Forum as the World Cup Forum for the duration of the tournament. (16 votes [27.12%])

Percentage of vote: 27.12%

3. Have a separate new section for World Cup discussion. (22 votes [37.29%])

Percentage of vote: 37.29%

4. I'm not bothered. (2 votes [3.39%])

Percentage of vote: 3.39%

5. I have a different suggestion (please post details below). (1 votes [1.69%])

Percentage of vote: 1.69%

Vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

The TotalRL.com website will be relaunching with a new look, new features and a new forum on Friday 11th October 2013.

Before the new site goes live, we are open to any suggestions existing users might have to make the forum a better and more engaging place for its members.

One area under consideration is to split the Community Rugby League Forum. Please click here to read and comment in the thread specifically relating to that if you have a view on that particular point.

With the World Cup starting soon after the relaunch, I'd be interested to canvas your opinions on how we should accommodate that on the forum. Please vote in the poll!

Any other comments or suggestions can be posted here. Keep it sensible. Please don't drag this thread off topic by suggesting the forum could be improved by banning certain people, etc.

If you're interested in becoming beta-tester for the new site before it goes live, or a moderator on any part of the forum in future, please send me a PM, as we're always on the lookout for willing volunteers.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

I think a new subforum would be the best way to do it, maybe sub to the International board.

EDIT:

Part of me would quite like it to just be renamed (for the duration) to something like RLWC and other international discussion, which would hopefully drive more people there to see the stuff that's happening in other countries, but I get the feeling they would all just get lost

Edited by brooza, 09 September 2013 - 04:08 PM.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#3 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

I think the pinned threads on the weekend matches work well on the main forum, do that for the World Cup games please.

Sub forums simply stop readers from reading it.

#4 amh

amh
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

I think rename the Int forum for the duration, with pinned matches - each first match for a nation having a full squad linked/listed

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#5 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

Could you have an ask the ref and rfl section. The twitter feed for the refs is excellent.

#6 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

I think the pinned threads on the weekend matches work well on the main forum, do that for the World Cup games please.

Sub forums simply stop readers from reading it.

Indeed, the fewer forums the better.

#7 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

Actually, I like the pinned threads idea

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#8 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

It would be nice to know when someone "likes" one of my posts exactly which one they liked.

Also I've seen forums where hovering over a thread link brings up the first few lines of the first post. Sometimes I want to know if a thread is going to interest me before I open it and thread titles can be very misleading.

Edited by Northern Sol, 10 September 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#9 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

It would be nice to know when someone "likes" one of my posts exactly which one they liked.

Also I've seen forums where hovering over a thread link brings up the first few lines of the first post. Sometimes I want to know if a thread is going to interest me before I open it and thread titles can be very misleading.

If you click the "post you made" link in the notification, it takes you to the post

When you mouse over the topic, there is a little arrow appears at the right hand side of the title. Click that and you see a snippet of the first post, the most recent post and (if you've read the post before) the first unread post

#10 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

I think a separate WC forum is a good idea as there are a lot of threads popping up on it now.

#11 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

how about realising there are more than the top 8 clubs in super league when organising polls......eg the rookie of the year poll...
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#12 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

If you click the "post you made" link in the notification, it takes you to the post

When you mouse over the topic, there is a little arrow appears at the right hand side of the title. Click that and you see a snippet of the first post, the most recent post and (if you've read the post before) the first unread post

Thanks. I shall try these suggestions.

#13 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

Please don't ghettoise the World Cup - belongs in general as its the only thing going on over the winter
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#14 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,221 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

Just a question to help me with my computer illiteracy.

When I am replying to another post and I only want to reply to a paragraph or a small part of a big post how do I quote only the part of the post that I am replying to and not the whole long article?

#15 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

how about realising there are more than the top 8 clubs in super league when organising polls......eg the rookie of the year poll...

How about a quota on how many times Widnes and their players can be unnecessarily mentioned in a day?!

:P

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#16 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

When I am replying to another post and I only want to reply to a paragraph or a small part of a big post how do I quote only the part of the post that I am replying to and not the whole long article?

What I do is simply delete all the rest that I don't want to reference.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#17 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

Just highlight the stuff you don't want and delete it.

rldfsignature.jpg

#18 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

You mean some people actually like your posts Sol? ;)

rldfsignature.jpg

#19 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

As for the new layout, please don't do what the new superleague website has done and turn it into a Windows 8 look-a-like for the tablet pandering.

These new whizz bang gizmos should be able to adapt and not need a whole new world.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#20 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,221 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

What I do is simply delete all the rest that I don't want to reference.

Thanks to you and deluded pom. I shall try that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users