RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New-look TotalRL.com (launching 11th Oct) - Suggestion Box

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: How should we organise World Cup threads on the forum? (59 member(s) have cast votes)

How should we organise World Cup threads on the forum?

1. Keep all World Cup discussion in the General Rugby League Forum. (18 votes [30.51%])

Percentage of vote: 30.51%

2. Rename the International Forum as the World Cup Forum for the duration of the tournament. (16 votes [27.12%])

Percentage of vote: 27.12%

3. Have a separate new section for World Cup discussion. (22 votes [37.29%])

Percentage of vote: 37.29%

4. I'm not bothered. (2 votes [3.39%])

Percentage of vote: 3.39%

5. I have a different suggestion (please post details below). (1 votes [1.69%])

Percentage of vote: 1.69%

Vote

#21 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,131 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

If you're interested in becoming beta-tester for the new site before it goes live, or a moderator on any part of the forum in future, please send me a PM, as we're always on the lookout for willing volunteers.

We definitely need more beta-testers to come forward, so please don't be shy!

In case you're wondering what it involves, basically you'll be given access to the new site  - all of it, not just the forum, for approx 1 week - before it goes live and tasked with trying to break it, then reporting anything you manage to break - or don't easily understand - back to us so we can fix it/make it easier to use before the live launch date.

You don't need any technical knowledge and you can spend as much or as little time as you have available any time of the day/night using your own computer/tablet/smartphone to do it.

Just PM me if you're interested.

Thanks

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#22 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

Can we have a seperate forum for discussing new forums ?  :sclerosis:

Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#23 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

For me the problem with the existing set up is that it's far too easy to get banned.

#24 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

As for the new layout, please don't do what the new superleague website has done and turn it into a Windows 8 look-a-like for the tablet pandering.

These new whizz bang gizmos should be able to adapt and not need a whole new world.

Here, here! Ever since, many years ago now, having to try to move files from Digital Equipment's CP/M operating system to Microbloat's first O/S, I have a tendency to break into a cold sweat whenever anybody says upgrade.

#25 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

I think there needs to be a mechanism in place so that Honor James's inane postings are visible only to her.
  • Just Browny likes this

#26 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

I think there needs to be a "criticising users not topic" button for a few on here.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#27 brooza

brooza
  • 4,075 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

I think there needs to be a "criticising users not topic" button for a few on here.

You're stupid for suggesting that*.

*Tongue firmly in cheek

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade, Dragones de la Sierra and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#28 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

How about a quota on how many times Widnes and their players can be unnecessarily mentioned in a day?!

:P

you can never tire of talking about the mighty chemics......
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#29 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,542 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Is it only possible to see the last four posts you yourself have made? I'd like to be able to see a lot more of the posts I've made. Sometimes I forget (senility?) which thread I made a comment in but if I've made half a dozen posts since the ones I'd like to see responses to, then I can't easily find them again.

rldfsignature.jpg

#30 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Is it only possible to see the last four posts you yourself have made? I'd like to be able to see a lot more of the posts I've made. Sometimes I forget (senility?) which thread I made a comment in but if I've made half a dozen posts since the ones I'd like to see responses to, then I can't easily find them again.

Don't worry - like me I don't think anyone reads our inane ramblings, so it doesn't really matter!  :bb:

Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#31 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,542 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

Don't worry - like me I don't think anyone reads our inane ramblings, so it doesn't really matter!  :bb:

It matters to me. ;)

rldfsignature.jpg

#32 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,680 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

Can we bring back Hanners? The place isn't the same without him. ;-)

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#33 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

If we have a separate World Cup thread can it be organised to be top of the pile once the Grand Final is out of the way, with the General Forum next in line?
  • SINGE likes this

#34 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,134 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

I think the pinned threads on the weekend matches work well on the main forum, do that for the World Cup games please.

Sub forums simply stop readers from reading it.

This.

Most people skip the other forums.

There won't be much else going on during the off season so they might as well put it on there.
Posted Image

#35 georgehadgingerhair

georgehadgingerhair
  • Players
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

Make it possible to block subjects you don't want to read on unread topics eg. Word Game

#36 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,131 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

Given that the World Cup forum poll has proved so inconclusive, in agreement with ckn, we've decided we won't be changing the structure of the forum at all when the site relaunches on 11th Oct.

World Cup discussions (and pinned match threads during the tournament) will be hosted in this 'General RL' section.

Thanks to those who have volunteered as beta-testers and/or moderators. We'll be in touch with more details soon.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users