RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fans Forum and Presentation Night for Player Sponsors

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 Dewsbury Rams

Dewsbury Rams
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

A fans forum will be held at the Tetley's Stadium on Friday 4th October starting at 7.30pm.

The forum will include the presentations to all this year's shirt sponsors to show our appreciation for their support.

The forum will be chaired by Rams Chairman Mark Sawyer and will include news on the new players coming to the club in 2014, details of which of the current squad will be at the club next season, an update on the main club sponsor for 2014, details of season ticket prices for next year and an update on what is happening with the proposed development around the stadium.

You don;t have to be a season ticket holder to attend - all are welcome.

#2 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Looking to seeing who the new signings really are now two already :)

#3 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

For the people that can't make it,will RogerTRam be recording the evening,like he was kind enough to do last year?

#4 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

Thanks for reminding me I will get it sorted.

• Eddie_Rombo likes this

#5 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

Thanks for reminding me I will get it sorted.

Thanks Roger

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,529 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

Lots of facts/rumours rattling about on other forums about players that are definitely leaving/signing for other Championship clubs. Batley for example appear to have at least nine new players lined up whilst Fev and Fax are revamping their squads wholesale.

I wonder which big names we will be announcing or will we have to hold fire until after the Wigan/Warrington final?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

Now that James Craven has left and we feel we need a full back, well could the player with over 250 SL appearances be someone who has now departed Warrington? If so, wow; or an ex-international prop whose surname is the same as that of an Indian male bird? In which case, very good; or the son of a former Dewsbury prop with the same names as his father? If so, okay; or perhaps the son of Ryanair's CEO? Nah! Don't know of an O'Leary playing our game.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#8 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

Wrong on all counts.

#9 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

Now that James Craven has left and we feel we need a full back, well could the player with over 250 SL appearances be someone who has now departed Warrington? If so, wow; or an ex-international prop whose surname is the same as that of an Indian male bird? In which case, very good; or the son of a former Dewsbury prop with the same names as his father? If so, okay; or perhaps the son of Ryanair's CEO? Nah! Don't know of an O'Leary playing our game.

I'm predicting our best known, and best signings will be Thackray (maybe both of them) and Hemingway, and maybe Wayne Godwin. Our mystery overseas player will be former sharleston favourite Chris Aiton (old news). Not sure about the rumours of a couple of fax players joining, but I think the rest will be relative unknowns.

#10 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

Signed the winger from Oxford too aparantly. All will be revealed Friday but my guess is the player with over 250 super league games is Godwin or Gilmour

#11 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

I reckon it's Keith Mason

#12 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

What about mcgoldrick... Released today by Salford.

Not a fan of mason as his off field antics can be appalling... But if he does sign he will have to impress more than he has in the previous 10 yearish of his early career.... Personally not a fan.

Will be interesting if nowt else tomorrow night ;)

#13 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

Paul Sykes

#14 beefy1

beefy1
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

Michael Platt?

#15 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

Brett Hodgson or Steve Menzies ;-)

#16 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

What about mcgoldrick... Released today by Salford.

Not a fan of mason as his off field antics can be appalling... But if he does sign he will have to impress more than he has in the previous 10 yearish of his early career.... Personally not a fan.

Will be interesting if nowt else tomorrow night ;)

Nuts I thought it would be you Coolie. I envisaged you had been away at a secret traing camp in australia learning everything you could from billy slater etc and rip the championship to bits! I suppose its just going to be some old has been then eh ;)

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#17 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

Nar piggy

I've been lurking in a cold dark place, where nobody visited,I had only one cup to drink from and a few ribbons for warmth, the loneliness was unbearable at times,thru a crack between the doors only once every now and then a small number of people could be seen... Never enough in their numbers to deem them important... On my escape I was tempted to take my only friend with me.. The lonely little cup all alone just standing their ever so lonely...I waved it goodbye as I made my escape... Wishing the poor little cup good luck and reassured it... Maybe someday soon it will have another friend to share its lonely existence with.... I'll never forget it's name and wonder has it got any company.. I do miss you northern rail ;)

Edited by coolie, 03 October 2013 - 06:58 PM.

• Piggy's mate likes this

#18 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

:lol: cheeky sod at least we av a trophy cabinet, .although it doubles as a tv cabinet when its quiet ;)

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#19 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 364 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

The possibility of who has signed for us is questionable, the criteria fits a lot of players though, this could be: Keith Mason, Wayne Godwin, Brett Hodgson (although unlikely), Paul Wellens (who I'm certain won't be in the red amber and black next season), Leon Pryce, and many more.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#20 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

As Leon pryce been released by Catalans and wanting to now set up his own business so stepping down to the parttime championship level ? I doubt it mate! The player who it is did however approach Glenn to explain all the above but who was the player? My guess is Godwin! Hodgsons off Salford Kelsey, and would go home back to oz before joining the championship

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 03 October 2013 - 10:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users