Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fans Forum and Presentation Night for Player Sponsors

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#21 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

Godwin? The chap from Dad's army?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#22 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,416 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

The possibility of who has signed for us is questionable, the criteria fits a lot of players though, this could be: Keith Mason, Wayne Godwin, Brett Hodgson (although unlikely), Paul Wellens (who I'm certain won't be in the red amber and black next season), Leon Pryce, and many more.

Most amusing.

The chairman has already stated many months ago that we will be working on a similar budget to this year, so none of these fantasy players will be coming. Mason is a possibility but he would jump at a SL chance if anyone offered it and would only come to us if there was nowhere else - money speaks very loudly for him. (Besides which could he ever be the towering hero for the club that his father was?)

The mystery full back will remain a mystery for some time yet, I hear, but if he does come wouldn't cost us anything like the amount of money that some of these named would. I don't expect any major revelations and will be most interested in who we retain from this year first - that will be a clear indication of our ambitions and expectations for next year.

Also, will season tickets increase in price significantly? This is an intriguing possibility isn't it - no increase means a reduced income for the club in real terms, a large increase means a probable loss of some ST holders, which means that a modest increase is likely and should be taken to indicate a reflection of our expectations for the coming season.

:ph34r:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#23 Mark B

Mark B
  • Coach
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

Most amusing.

The chairman has already stated many months ago that we will be working on a similar budget to this year, so none of these fantasy players will be coming. Mason is a possibility but he would jump at a SL chance if anyone offered it and would only come to us if there was nowhere else - money speaks very loudly for him. (Besides which could he ever be the towering hero for the club that his father was?)

The mystery full back will remain a mystery for some time yet, I hear, but if he does come wouldn't cost us anything like the amount of money that some of these named would. I don't expect any major revelations and will be most interested in who we retain from this year first - that will be a clear indication of our ambitions and expectations for next year.

Also, will season tickets increase in price significantly? This is an intriguing possibility isn't it - no increase means a reduced income for the club in real terms, a large increase means a probable loss of some ST holders, which means that a modest increase is likely and should be taken to indicate a reflection of our expectations for the coming season.

The mystery fullback ? As in Aussie from Salford likes tattoos and first name Ryan ?

Congratulations on signing Wayne Godwin be a great player at this level
Posted Image

#24 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,416 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

I don't believe that I will be at this meeting but there is one topic that I hope the Chairman is able to comment upon, possibly at length. Next week is the meeting scheduled by the RFL at which the league structure for 2015 and onwards is to be discussed and decided, if I understand correctly. In advance of this I assume that all club representatives will have been provided with comprehensive information about the options and their potential implications and if these could be shared it would be most informative for fans. I think that it is important for fans to understand all of the issues that clubs such as ours have to deal with in mapping out their route forward and that it is a bit more complex than the quality of beer in the South Stand bar or the condition of a prop forwards right knee.

Whichever structure is decided upon, and we have a clear insight into the RFL leaderships preferred options if not their implications, will of course have a major bearing upon the recruitment policies of all clubs for next season. Comments upon this will be most interesting,

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#25 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,416 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

The mystery fullback ? As in Aussie from Salford likes tattoos and first name Ryan ?

Congratulations on signing Wayne Godwin be a great player at this level

That's not the name I've heard although I would possibly be shaken (but not stirred) if this is correct.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#26 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

That's not the name I've heard although I would possibly be shaken (but not stirred) if this is correct.

He aint played 250 sl games has he??

#27 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

BSJ - your clues are too subtle.

#28 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

BSJ - your clues are too subtle.

If it's Joe Bond, that would be a pretty exciting signing - very quick.

#29 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

A few mystery signings on the cards, and maybe a few surprises too, I personally thin Wayne Godwin, as I thought that if we're signing a (former) super league player, and Wayne Godwin is in talks with an unnamed championship team (as league weekly said) I put 2 and 2 together and put Godwin in the limelight.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#30 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

Most amusing.

I don't know what will happen in terms of season ticket prices, and what income it will bring for that matter, I didn't hear too much on it, I guess this is what tonight is for eh? :ph34r:
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#31 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

Any news about the forum anyone,stuck at work.Hope RogerTRam is recording it for us who can't make it.

#32 MirfieldRams

MirfieldRams
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Wayne Godwin signed for 2014 official
Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams

#33 S5 Ram

S5 Ram
  • Facebook
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

anyone no the full squad for next year ?

#34 morti

morti
  • Coach
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

new signings so far-wayne godwin,Anthony Thackeray,tom Hemmingway,matt haggerty,jobe murphy,shaun robinson,louis sheriffe,re-signed Morton,buchanan,watkinson,pryce,brown,hyde,nash,wright,hepworth,hale,tonks,aizue,lillycrop,scott,gallagher,spicer,good signings n re-signings imo n season tickets have been frozen

#35 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Any news on our new shirt sponsors for 2014,ground developments?Squad looking good for 2014.

#36 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Think roger rams putting an audio from the night on here, some good news in terms if the future of the club and the game if the rfl give the expected go ahead to the planned restructure, which mark sawyer fully supports as it creates more prize money allround and promotion to superleague should we achieve it on merit.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 04 October 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#37 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

new signings so far-wayne godwin,Anthony Thackeray,tom Hemmingway,matt haggerty,jobe murphy,shaun robinson,louis sheriffe,re-signed Morton,buchanan,watkinson,pryce,brown,hyde,nash,wright,hepworth,hale,tonks,aizue,lillycrop,scott,gallagher,spicer,good signings n re-signings imo n season tickets have been frozen

callan becket too mate

#38 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 227 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

So who has gone? Not been kept.

#39 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

Mark Sawyer said only two had declined offers, one being James Craven as he wanted to play at full back and Keighley offered this and on greater terms.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#40 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

Hang on there guys am currently uploading and prosessing the audio from tonights forum. Its a real long one at around 2 hr's and comprises of everything from start to finish. I will share the link the moment its online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users