Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fans Forum and Presentation Night for Player Sponsors

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#41 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

The Fans Forum Audio recording 2hr's +/-

Click this link to hear on youtube.

#42 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

new signings so far-wayne godwin,Anthony Thackeray,tom Hemmingway,matt haggerty,jobe murphy,shaun robinson,louis sheriffe,re-signed Morton,buchanan,watkinson,pryce,brown,hyde,nash,wright,hepworth,hale,tonks,aizue,lillycrop,scott,gallagher,spicer,good signings n re-signings imo n season tickets have been frozen

Frankly I'm surprised to see Hyde and Watkinson included in that list and would assume that they won't be the firts names on the teamsheet. Has Jones been released? Any reference to DR?

And why no mention of Leon Pryce, McGoldrick, Platt, Wally Lewis etc? Surely these weren't just baseless rumours as we had it on good authority...................................

:hunter:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#43 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

Thought Brad Watkinston got better as the season went on remember blind side Johnny he only came in mid season and had to settle in after moving from New Zealand which takes time with a proper pre season under his belt we good see a quality player here. Was suspirsed about Hyde been retained but he gives us back up to a few positions which every team needs.

#44 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

Mark Sawyer said only two had declined offers, one being James Craven as he wanted to play at full back and Keighley offered this and on greater terms.

By implication then those who haven't been named didn't receive offers, Schofield for example?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#45 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

Schofield has re signed

#46 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

Only James craven who declined a offer has been lost otherwise the players who we did not retain were Ben jones akiadere and Tebb who the latter two respectively joined hunslet all of the other current players have re signed

#47 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Is it good enough to finish top eight, probably but only just is my guess!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#48 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

2 players were talking to are playing in the World Cup at min so unlikely to sign until later, if they do. I think the signings of Hemingway and Thackeray and the well respected in the game by players and fans alike godwin( read all his tweets on twitter!!)are key for us alongside a fit again brown as with all due respect to goulding and Hyde who played half back most the year, they ain't the greatest and I feel Hemingway and Thackeray will work we'll together, Hemingway for his kicking and thackerays a tremendous support player who scores bags of try's! Also the fullback who was at hull kr Louie sherriff could be one to watch, very highly rated hence Brisbane signed him from hull kr, got man of match again rhinos for hull kr before he left for oz so obviously a good player. Another big prop, a second row and a centre will complete our squad nicely. Interesting to note too that Glenn can't believe Shaun Robinson ain't been looked at by a superleague club or championship club as glen feels he could play superleague

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 05 October 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#49 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

Wev also increased our playing budget by 50 percent so the directors have pumped more of the their own money in to the club as it is worth it getting in superkeague 2 ( won't be called superleague 2 though, will have a better name once the sponsor is announced) next season , purely for the financial reward it will bring and bigger gates. Sawyer actually feels if the plans do go ahead as expected the game will be a lot better for it and as an exciting future. The club sponsors will be announced after the future of the game is officially announced

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 05 October 2013 - 01:45 PM.

#50 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 504 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

Sounded like a positive meeting. Mark sawyer certainly sounded excited by the planned changes to the structure of the game.

It will be good to have something meaningful to play for again!!

The signings sound quite good, I think we need to strengthen the pack a bit more though.
Posted Image

#51 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

Sounded like a positive meeting. Mark sawyer certainly sounded excited by the planned changes to the structure of the game.

It will be good to have something meaningful to play for again!!

The signings sound quite good, I think we need to strengthen the pack a bit more though.

As distinct from avoiding relegation you mean?

:tongue:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#52 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

As distinct from avoiding relegation you mean?

:tongue:

:lol: My thoughts exactly BSJ.... Great minds and all that, perhaps we should get married?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#53 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

Squad looks stronger especially with the new half backs and Godwin at hooker.

Didn't realise Ben Jones had not re-signed, he was a good player.

But definitely a better squad than last year and Mark Sawyer very positive about the future.

#54 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

:lol: My thoughts exactly BSJ.... Great minds and all that, perhaps we should get married?

Are you proposing?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#55 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

Are you proposing?

Nah, our love child would make Eddie Rombo look normal!

#56 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

But who would he or she support?????

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#57 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

I think "it" would be more apt and it would be a dogs fan like its daddy not a rams fan like its mummy!

#58 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

Are you proposing?

Never thought you'd be into "dogging"  BSJ - whatever that is. ;)

#59 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

I think "it" would be more apt and it would be a dogs fan like its daddy not a rams fan like its mummy!

Probably end up a Rhinos fan like every buggr else. Blind Pig sounds like a good user name though - on second thoughts it reminds me of an old girlfriend. :O

#60 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

That would make 3 dogs fans then. You, your pretend friend, and your kid. Poor sod would have no childhood due to constant bully at school!