TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Fans Forum and Presentation Night for Player Sponsors

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#61 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

That would make 3 dogs fans then. You, your pretend friend, and your kid. Poor sod would have no childhood due to constant bully at school!

Dont forget the 2000 they shipped up from Battersea to go to the Bridesmaids Ball.Sorry Grand Final.

#62 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

I listened to clips from your forum briefly.... who was the guy who was talking about you challenging wigan and Leeds when the new structure is introduced ? and on about increasing capacity to 8000 ?? and what had he been smoking ? and is it readily available at all local newsagents ?

Have you tired of the dogs forum then ?

#63 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

When the Western End of the ground is developed, the capacity will be in the region of 7,800.

#64 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

He's been relstic our charmain is why not aim to likes of wigan or leeds surely there is nothing to lose just look at likes of wakey London etc we are debt free and getting good sponsers on board now I'm sure if they can we can challenge players agent is just jealous cause his team will never be able to challenge the likes of wigan and leeds

#65 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Plus the housing development is 12 months away which will rake thousands of pounds

#66 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

I listened to clips from your forum briefly.... who was the guy who was talking about you challenging wigan and Leeds when the new structure is introduced ? and on about increasing capacity to 8000 ?? and what had he been smoking ? and is it readily available at all local newsagents ?

If you hadn't noticed, there's a big debate at the moment about 'legal highs' - synthetic products designed to simulate the effects of Cannabis and other substances, but which often produce some highly unpredictable and dangerous side-effects in users. To answer your question, it's actually quite possible that what may have been consumed was bought in a newsagent, as a number of unscrupulous shop-owners now sell such products quite legally.

Edited by TheTerminator, 07 October 2013 - 09:48 AM.

Posted Image

#67 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,756 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

He's been relstic our charmain is why not aim to likes of wigan or leeds surely there is nothing to lose just look at likes of wakey London etc we are debt free and getting good sponsers on board now I'm sure if they can we can challenge players agent is just jealous cause his team will never be able to challenge the likes of wigan and leeds

Who do you think his (?) team is then?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#68 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,756 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

When the Western End of the ground is developed, the capacity will be in the region of 7,800.

Build it and they will come, eh WR?

:jester:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#69 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Who do you think his (?) team is then?

He's a disenchanted ex dogs fan who is unwelcome on their forum.

#70 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

Realistically think we will be aiming to consolidate a place in SL2 or whatever that league will be called in 2015

#71 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Realistically think we will be aiming to consolidate a place in SL2 or whatever that league will be called in 2015

I think that is the aim of most clubs in our league with the exception of a couple of teams who think they can do better! It will be a very interesting season next year Ithink.

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#72 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

He's a disenchanted ex dogs fan who is unwelcome on their forum.

Is he? Not the impression l got (ex fan that is. . He is certainly most unwelcome on our forum)

#73 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,756 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

He's a disenchanted ex dogs fan who is unwelcome on their forum.

I don't think he (or she) is anything to do with the dogs, just a general troll.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#74 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,756 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

I think that is the aim of most clubs in our league with the exception of a couple of teams who think they can do better! It will be a very interesting season next year Ithink.

In a Chinese sense for some, maybe?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#75 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,756 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

Sounded like a positive meeting. Mark sawyer certainly sounded excited by the planned changes to the structure of the game.

It will be good to have something meaningful to play for again!!

The signings sound quite good, I think we need to strengthen the pack a bit more though.

And the word on the wires now is that the SL clubs are about to scupper any new structure and initiate a Vote of No Confidence in the RFL Seems like some of them are suddenly scared by the prospect of relegation.

Great build-up to the World Cup, hm?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#76 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

And the word on the wires now is that the SL clubs are about to scupper any new structure and initiate a Vote of No Confidence in the RFL Seems like some of them are suddenly scared by the prospect of relegation.

You've got to be kidding? What a pathetic state of affairs. Looks like increasing your playing budget by 50% is going to prove a pretty futile waste of cash.

Edited by TheTerminator, 08 October 2013 - 12:00 AM.

Posted Image

#77 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:59 PM

cant see that most of the chairman voted for the two leagues.If it gets voted out its player power.

#78 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

I think any decision will now be delayed until after the WC.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#79 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

It's ruining the game though no promotion, that's the reason the rl can't get a sponsor for superleague and the rfl are sick of bailing clubs at the top out while it ruins clubs at our level. Who wants to support and financially back a club who gets no reward of promotion on merit? It's ardly making sponsors turn up on mass or helping gain new supporters to the sport which as tbh become boring at the top in superleague! Our new sponsor I believe is holding out his good sponsorship deal to us until after the rugby league give the go ahead to the restructure of the game which will more fairly distribute its sky money across superleague 1 and 2 on league position merit, while creating promotion and relegation between the 2! ..... A lot more exciting than a boring dying comp that superleague currently is where if your at the bottom it matters little, you can be there 3 years and still not get relegated but get 2 mill a year off sky why a club with ambition like fev can spend large sums of their own money with no help from the rfl trying to give their fans the dream of superleague

#80 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,756 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

http://www.therfl.co...eting-postponed

"Further consultation" can be interpreted to mean whatever you want it to.

We have the RLWC on the horizon and a set of SL chairmen are much more interested in promoting their own personal agendas than the game as a whole!

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users