Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hull chasing RU winger Tom Biggs from Bath

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

According to HDM Hull are in negotiations with Bath to sign winger Tom Biggs as a replacement for Briscoe. With Powell moving to Wigan is RL seen as an attractive option for RU players again.

#2 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

Er, I don't know if it is for the top string. Powell is definitely a fading star and whilst I think he can do a job for wigan over the next couple of years, I think he might have done it more for the challenge of something new. Tom Biggs never set the world on fire in union from what I see on Wiki. Solid enough for Bath when I saw him play though.

I think there are always going to be guys playing Union who are better suited to League and vice versa. Both codes can recognise it, and rather than every cross-code signing being a sign of something, it might just be some realignment to the code better suited to your skills.

#3 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

Is he the one with really long blonde hair? If not, who's that?

It's time to park the camels.

#4 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

Is he the one with really long blonde hair? If not, who's that?

Yes that's him he does come from Hull so I could see it coming off.

#5 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

has tom briscoe decided where he's going yet? cronulla?,salford?,wigan?,leeds?...

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#6 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

has tom briscoe decided where he's going yet? cronulla?,salford?,wigan?,leeds?...

I would say Leeds are favourites but its not been announced yet.

#7 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

As long as he stays in rugby league I don't really care, but from an England perspective it would be good if he tried hs hand at the NRL.

#8 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

Er, I don't know if it is for the top string. Powell is definitely a fading star and whilst I think he can do a job for wigan over the next couple of years, I think he might have done it more for the challenge of something new. Tom Biggs never set the world on fire in union from what I see on Wiki. Solid enough for Bath when I saw him play though.

I think there are always going to be guys playing Union who are better suited to League and vice versa. Both codes can recognise it, and rather than every cross-code signing being a sign of something, it might just be some realignment to the code better suited to your skills.

Spot on. No need for any fuss, unless a top, current star makes the switch.
People called Romans they go the house

#9 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,159 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

Great post. It can only do the game good if there's a free gangway between the codes in which professional players are going both ways. The less Union and League are isolated from each other the better for us IMHO.

#10 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,453 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Yes that's him he does come from Hull so I could see it coming off.

Just seen the 'FC to bring Biggs home' headline on the back page of today's Hull Daily Mail.

My initial reaction was 'Blimey, is he still in Brazil?'

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#11 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

I would say Leeds are favourites but its not been announced yet.

5 year deal done apparently.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#12 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,391 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

Just seen the 'FC to bring Biggs home' headline on the back page of today's Hull Daily Mail.

My initial reaction was 'Blimey, is he still in Brazil?'

:D 

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#13 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

Presumably he has a league background if he comes from Hull?
If so its no surprise that he's switching codes?
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#14 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,788 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

Presumably he has a league background if he comes from Hull?
If so its no surprise that he's switching codes?

Went to Hymers so probably all union, but is a big Hull fan so you'd expect him to know the game fairly well even if he's not played much before.

Just heard on Humberside that Bath's coach has called it rubbish and it's just paper talk.
Posted Image

#15 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

It would seem an odd move from Hull to sign a 29 year old, non-international union winger who they'd presumably expect to be a key player if Briscoe is going.

#16 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

If they are going for Biggs then what does the future hold for Jason Crookes .

#17 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

You mean to tell me Hull are looking to sign someone who's not from Cas? Blimey!

#18 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

You mean to tell me Hull are looking to sign someone who's not from Cas? Blimey!

Well we're giving you Lynch back.

#19 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,788 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

If they are going for Biggs then what does the future hold for Jason Crookes .

Either a back up or starter in a lower table club.

Personally I think he's not good enough.
Posted Image

#20 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

It would seem an odd move from Hull to sign a 29 year old, non-international union winger

And an alleged five year contract too.

rldfsignature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users