Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Amor to Saints

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

Being reported on Twitter by Peter Smith of the Yorkshire Post. Will Kirmond be next ?

Edited by westhuller, 10 September 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#2 7723

• Coach
  • 590 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

I can't see how they can keep hold of Kirmond. A 'big' team will come for him eventually with too much money to turn down.

#3 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,126 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

Being reported on Twitter by Peter Smith of the Yorkshire Post. Will Kirmond be next ?

League weekly said Salford wanted him but Wire are interested....

#4 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

Think Hull and Rovers are interested as well. I know we tried last year.
Posted Image

#5 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

Kyle Amor has become the latest player to leave cash-strapped Wakefield Trinity Wildcats after signing a four-year deal with St Helens.

Click here to view the article
League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#6 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

saints priority should be half backs...............they have none.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#7 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,060 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

That's a very impressive signing by St Helens.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#8 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,939 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

confirmed - signed for £50k

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/24031251

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#9 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

confirmed - signed for £50k

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/24031251

Saints have got a bargain there

#10 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

saints priority should be half backs...............they have none.

That's not true; they've signed Luke Walsh from Penrith.

Very happy with the Amor signing. He'll be a great asset to the pack and will compliment the 'impact' of Walmsley and Masoe.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#11 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,044 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

Cracking signing by Saints.

#12 7723

• Coach
  • 590 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

I always thought Leeds were mad for letting him go to Wakefield.

#13 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

I'm absolutely delighted with this. Losing Perry and Puletua and brining in Amor, Masoe and Beaumont will give us a far better front row. I'm very happy with our recruitment for next year and I believe that the club has signalled its intention to return to the top.

A stand off would still be nice but with a young, pacey backline, a first choice NRL scrum half and a big (largely young) pack we're looking in good shape for 2014.   

#14 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,939 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

Things really not looking great at Wakey

Not great to see at all

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#15 gavin7094

gavin7094
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

Great signing.  Underrated player with lots to offer.  Will only get batter.

#16 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,939 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

Great signing.  Underrated player with lots to offer.  Will only get batter.

no fish? just batter?

How odd

what about scraps?

Posted Image

#17 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

I'm absolutely delighted with this. Losing Perry and Puletua and brining in Amor, Masoe and Beaumont will give us a far better front row. I'm very happy with our recruitment for next year and I believe that the club has signalled its intention to return to the top.

A stand off would still be nice but with a young, pacey backline, a first choice NRL scrum half and a big (largely young) pack we're looking in good shape for 2014.

How do we know that Brown hasn't signed him as a stand off

#18 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

Totally gutted.... :(  :( Kyle is a player and person you can build a pack and a team around...

Posted Image

#19 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Good signing for Saints, always impressed when I watched Wakey. Not good news for them and their prospects next year.

#20 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

I  feel sorry for the Wakefield fans.I hope they come out of this and move to the new stadium in decent financial state.There is so much potential in the City for a successful club

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users