Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Amor to Saints

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

Mixed feelings about this signing but only based on how it's come about.  I don't like cherry picking a struggling club, it doesn't sit well with me, but at the same time Amor was being made available to buy so I'm glad we bought him rather than someone else as he has always impressed me with his work rate whenever I have watched him play for Wakey (that isn't very often, relying upon TV appearances only, but he appears to be consistently good). 

On the point someone mentioned about halfbacks, we have Luke Walsh from Penrith Panthers on a two year deal from next season and I suppose our other halfback will probably be Lance Hohaia, who may do better in the role with a proper scrum half to work alongside, something he has yet to have.  If James Roby's ankles can stay fit and Lomax doesn't do his hamstring in again (and develops his defensive positioning) then we will have a good spine for the next couple of seasons with a bit of umph up front too, for a change (we have such a powderpuff pack at present).

#22 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

Mixed feelings about this signing but only based on how it's come about.  I don't like cherry picking a struggling club, it doesn't sit well with me, but at the same time Amor was being made available to buy so I'm glad we bought him rather than someone else as he has always impressed me with his work rate whenever I have watched him play for Wakey (that isn't very often, relying upon TV appearances only, but he appears to be consistently good). 

On the point someone mentioned about halfbacks, we have Luke Walsh from Penrith Panthers on a two year deal from next season and I suppose our other halfback will probably be Lance Hohaia, who may do better in the role with a proper scrum half to work alongside, something he has yet to have.  If James Roby's ankles can stay fit and Lomax doesn't do his hamstring in again (and develops his defensive positioning) then we will have a good spine for the next couple of seasons with a bit of umph up front too, for a change (we have such a powderpuff pack at present).

If you read the wildcats website you will see Kyle told our new chairman he was going to leave at the end of 2014 when his contract ran out, so we as Wakefield fans are not happy with him leaving BUT St Helens have paid £50,000 apparently, which helps our club survive....I cant believe I am writing this but it's probably a good thing your club bought him, even though it makes me sad!!! :( :(

Posted Image

#23 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

I always thought Leeds were mad for letting him go to Wakefield.

I think he was one of those rare Leeds player's who wanted to leave.He was playing regular at Wakey,bit I agree Leeds could have used him at times
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#24 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

Great signing for the club, think we are shaping up to have one of, if not the strongest pack in SL next year.

Amor, Roby, Walmsley

Soliola, Manu

LMS

bench - Masoe, Laffranchi, Beaumont & Wilkin (as he can cover any position on the field)

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#25 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

Sad to lose a player of his quality, not sad to lose a player that seems to want to up his money or move for money every five games or so.

Perfect move for him I'd say, a shorter trip to Cumbria which he's never really accepted being away from.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#26 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

Shame to see a good player leave, but we got old value out of him these past couple of years and made £50k with him moving on. If we can find similar and get a couple of years out of someone before selling on, then I'll be happy. It's what Wakey need to do to survive at the moment.

#27 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 608 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

Sad to lose a player of his quality, not sad to lose a player that seems to want to up his money or move for money every five games or so.

Perfect move for him I'd say, a shorter trip to Cumbria which he's never really accepted being away from.

While money is important I'm not sure it's the only motivating factor with Kyle, after all he took a pay cut to go full time pro when he moved from Whitehaven to Leeds

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#28 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

While money is important I'm not sure it's the only motivating factor with Kyle, after all he took a pay cut to go full time pro when he moved from Whitehaven to Leeds

It's a big factor. He was all set to go to Hull earlier in the year for cash.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,