Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Pennine Fixtures 14/09/2013 2.30pm kick-off

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

Premier Division

Sharlston Rovers v Halifax Irish

Drighlington v Queens

Thornhill Trojans v Hunslet Old Boys

West Bowling v Wibsey Warriors

Championship Division

Upton v New Earswick All Blacks

Dewsbury Moor v Queensbury

Slaithwaite Saracens v Nevison Leap

Westgate Wolves v Methley Royals

Championship One Division

Brighouse Rangers v Birkenshaw 

St Josephs v Illingworth

Lindley Swifts v Newsome Panthers 

Morley Borough v Batley Boys

First Division

Doncaster Toll Bar v Selby Warriors

Wyke v Boothtown Terriers

Odsal Sedbergh v Sharlston Rovers A

West Leeds v Brotherton Bulldogs

Second Division

West Craven Warriors v Clayton

Crigglestone-Kettlethorpe v Siddal

Greetland All Rounders v Littleborough

Third Division

Kellingley Welfare v Wortley Dragons

Hunslet Old Boys A v Shaw Cross

Hanging Heaton v Silsden

Farnley Falcons v Troydale Trojans

Fourth Division

Dearne Valley Bulldogs v Whinmoor

Meltham All Blacks v Victoria Rangers

Fifth Division

Sherburn Bears v Wakefield City 

Garforth Tigers v Kinsley Raiders 

Hollinwood v Wetherby Bulldogs

Hoyland Vikings v Crofton Cougars 

Sixth Division

Harehills v Worth Village

Ryhill Hammers v Rodley Rockets 

East Leeds v Beeston Broncos

Seventh Division

Cowling Harlequins v Halton Moor

Queensbury B v Moorends Thorne Marauders A

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#2 brassey

brassey
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

drig and queens will a cracking game this weekend drig will have a full team to pick from

Edited by brassey, 10 September 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#3 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

drig and queens will a cracking game this weekend drig will have a full team to pick from

I went to this fixture last season.

#4 brassey

brassey
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

are u going this saturday marauder

#5 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

are u going this saturday marauder

I'll be at the St Ledger meeting mate.

#6 Mr Partridge

Mr Partridge
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

According to the Odsal Sedburgh website,both Dodworth and Undercliffe have withdrawn from the Pennine League.Could anyone confirm this information?

#7 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

Hunslet Old Boys A v Shaw Cross A ...........Postponed , Shaw Cross can't raise a team..............

#8 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

Not the greatest start to the season teams not raising enough players and if true 2 clubs pulling out already and not even a full fixture list for second week running.

#9 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

What happened last week at Sharlo , Brassey , ....with Drig only having 12 men.........

#10 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

Not the greatest start to the season teams not raising enough players and if true 2 clubs pulling out already and not even a full fixture list for second week running.

Can you tell me when ever there has been a full fixture list involving every team ? How many teams during the summer haven't got anywhere near the starting line and lets not forget the made up teams who's only purpose was to boost the RFL propaganda.

#11 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

Hunslet Old Boys A v Shaw Cross A ...........Postponed , Shaw Cross can't raise a team..............

Haven't Shaw Cross struggled for a couple of season's with their 2nds

#12 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

Can you tell me when ever there has been a full fixture list involving every team ? How many teams during the summer haven't got anywhere near the starting line and lets not forget the made up teams who's only purpose was to boost the RFL propaganda.

The NCL has full fixtures each week i think maybe 2 games have been called off all season.

The Pennine league is the flag ship winter league and i understand some of the lower division may have some trouble with full fixture list but i would expect the top 2 divisions to have full fixtures and both havent i nthe first two weeks.

When you say made up teams who are these and od they play made up games as well.

#13 brassey

brassey
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

yes blackbeard weht with 12 men 1 was 47 yearold was 12-12 half time only loost the game in last 15 min against a very strong shalston team we had 8 players on a stag party in malaga 2 working 2 was on holiday tom moorby was in aussie with barla had a full team beat sharlston got a full team to pick from this week

Edited by brassey, 13 September 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#14 brassey

brassey
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

also another one of are players is still playing for hunslet warriors should be back in a few week

#15 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

The NCL has full fixtures each week i think maybe 2 games have been called off all season.

The Pennine league is the flag ship winter league and i understand some of the lower division may have some trouble with full fixture list but i would expect the top 2 divisions to have full fixtures and both havent i nthe first two weeks.

When you say made up teams who are these and od they play made up games as well.

The NCL have a criteria in place to enable these weekly fixtures to go ahead, that's why a shed load of `A` team and Youth fixtures have failed to go ahead, the Pennine is more of a social style league based mainly on pub teams.

You haven't a clue what's been going on during the boom in the RLC have you, yes teams that never was were added and no shows never went down as 24 - 0 either but a score was supplied showing the none offending team winning by 24 points.........."KEEP UP AT THE BACK"

Why would you expect the top two divisions to take priority with the referee's, wouldn't be better to keep the flow of games across the board even not showing favouritism.

Edited by Marauder, 13 September 2013 - 04:33 PM.

#16 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

Haven't Shaw Cross struggled for a couple of season's with their 2nds

I don't know weather its owt to do with the cross over from summer to winter , but they should be ok when the NCL finishes , sometimes the 2nd teams used to start their pennine season a couple of weeks after the 1st teams started theres............

#17 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

yes blackbeard weht with 12 men 1 was 47 yearold was 12-12 half time only loost the game in last 15 min against a very strong shalston team we had 8 players on a stag party in malaga 2 working 2 was on holiday tom moorby was in aussie with barla had a full team beat sharlston got a full team to pick from this week

Hard work when most of the teams missing , i know the Old Boys lads who were playing summer rugby for (Bramley,Milford,Warriors) but when it came to pre-season they were told to come back , we had one of our lads on the Barla trip who should be back to play today.............

#18 butterbean

butterbean
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

What's the ruling regarding ncl players playing for pennine teams do they need a transfer and can they still play for the ncl team. If not hunslet old boys might be in trouble

#19 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

What's the ruling regarding ncl players playing for pennine teams do they need a transfer and can they still play for the ncl team. If not hunslet old boys might be in trouble

Out of the 2 players that played for the Old Boys yesterday , Mark Holmes is no longer a Hunslet Warriors player and Luke Rayner who still plays for the Warriors is signed on with the Old Boys.............the pennine League have Lukes registration , but the NCL don't reconize transfers between the 2 parties (NCL-Pennines), but on paper its all above board , and other clubs are doing this , one of the Old Boys players is playing for the Warriors till the end of their season...............

#20 Artful Dogger

Artful Dogger
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

so if theres a free week in the pennine they can play in a ncl league??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users