Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Accounts

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Im suprsied that the 2012 accounts have now been filed at companies house without first being ratified by the Debenture Holders  :rtfm:

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#2 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

what do they show?

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#3 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

careful lads you will get accused of stirring it again .... lol

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#4 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

sorry I forgot my place... :alcoholic:

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#5 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

The fans have every right to ask any question they want and expect transparency, I for one am glad people are bringing things like this to our attention, why does everyone shoot the messenger these days & ignore the content ? surely it should be t'other way round.  

#6 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

It's in the public domain so no mystery.

http://companycheck....CLUB-LIMITEDTHE

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#7 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

It's in the public domain so no mystery.

http://companycheck....CLUB-LIMITEDTHE

now that the 2012 accounts are submitted are we to have an AGM soon?

#8 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

That Information apears to be incorrect

The accounts are taken up to the 30th of November 2012

Total Assets £799k

Total Liabilities  £896k

Tangable Net worth  -£97k

Current Assets  £76k

Current Liabilities £265k

Working Capital -£189k

Please keep in mind that this was at that point last year and the liabilities should have continued to be reduced acording to the buisness plan in place during spring 2012

The Total Liabilities was reduced from 2011 to 2012 by £146k but the current liabilities have droped by only £84k during the same period

Any loans or further liabilities etc will efect the accounts up to November 30th 2013

#9 Red Stripe

Red Stripe
  • Coach
  • 991 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

It's seem odd that in the last 13 months 6 people are reported as leaving the BoD but no mention of replacements.

Are we down to 6 Board member, I thought the idea was to keep higher numbers to prevent decisions being railroaded?

Mike Liversedge

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

#10 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

It was said the the club was more efficient with 6 members as everyone knew what each other was doing and also there was no free loaders looking good in a directors badge!

#11 atp

atp
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

Free loaders looking good in a directors badge is a bit harsh.

The directors that have left since the 12 were elected all stood forward to help the club in a time of crisis, all had roles and executed them to the best of there ability. Not all directors jobs are front line jobs that everyone can see. Not all directors like telling everyone how hard they work or what they have done every five minutes, they get on with the job in hand quietly and professionally.

As one of the alleged free loaders I can assure you all 12 directors were given a role, and all 12 worked to the best of there ability for the good of Barrow RLC. Not every job is done on match day.

#12 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

Anyway back on subject are we having an AGM so the accounts can be presented and see where we are going forward?

#13 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

It was said the the club was more efficient with 6 members as everyone knew what each other was doing and also there was no free loaders looking good in a directors badge!

The commencement of the new elected BOD during 2011 was very difficult from the point of a financial on looker as many months were lost whilst an organogram of who was going to do what job role was discussed week in week out without conclusion, this could have been finalized in the first meeting.  Some BOD members most probably believed they were doing the best for the club but the facts have not been brought to light.

I am a believer in when  your given a tasc get on with it untill its done and talk about it afterwards  ;)

#14 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 884 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

In a way I agree Neil. But these people stepped up when a BOD was needed. What happened in the interim I don't know. Can I ask, when you say this could of been finalised at the first meeting, why wasn't it??

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#15 atp

atp
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

The commencement of the new elected BOD during 2011 was very difficult from the point of a financial on looker as many months were lost whilst an organogram of who was going to do what job role was discussed week in week out without conclusion, this could have been finalized in the first meeting.  Some BOD members most probably believed they were doing the best for the club but the facts have not been brought to light.
I am a believer in when  your given a tasc get on with it untill its done and talk about it afterwards  ;)

, it's all well and good putting roles on paper ( organogram) but if you do not have 100% support for it from all sectors and belief in fellow directors then its pointless. I'm a believer of when your given a task get on with it finish it then believe you have done it so well it speaks for itself.

#16 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

Accounts..Accounts...Accounts :offtopic:  :offtopic:  :offtopic:

#17 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 884 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

I should imagine Mike that an AGM will be announced soonish. And yes we are off topic but I blame Red Stripe ;)

#18 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

In a way I agree Neil. But these people stepped up when a BOD was needed. What happened in the interim I don't know. Can I ask, when you say this could of been finalised at the first meeting, why wasn't it??

Again from an outside looking in point I would have handled it different,  Firstly I would have looked at what job roles were crucially required ie;  Fundraising, Chairman, Club Representative, Commercial, Ground, Director of Rugby,Media, stock check and buyer. Following which I would have looked at the strengths and weaknesses of the individuals and held an open discussion with each Director to ensure there understanding and importance of the job role.  Following which I would have used a Scott schedule on a weekly bases which would show the task, who was responsible and the timeline required for completing the task, this document would also have been a reference to show which tasks are not being completed and a monitor for why not and what is being proposed to get the job done.

There is a number of Directors who would of excelled on the document and some who would have a list of tasks never completed. The Directors whom were underachievers would have been asked to carry out a different task or step aside to allow new Directors on who could carry out the job role. I don't need to name them as the achievers know who they are.

What did surprise me was certain Directors originally came forward during my spell as a Director and put there name down and gave a positive account of what they could bring and do for the club (strengths), yet when the organogram was being discussed they did not want a job role at all. 

Numbers on seats is not what the club needs with the Board of Directors, all it needs is people who get the job done not talk about it.

Edited by D11, 13 September 2013 - 05:53 AM.

#19 atp

atp
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:55 AM

Dictatorship you mean? (Sorry SOSS that's it from me)

#20 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 884 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:58 AM

Soss I've sent you a pm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users