Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Statement - Board of Directors of Sheffield Eagles RLFC (Merged threads)

possible venues 2014

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#21 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 369 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

Its a sad state of affairs.I wouldnt want to see them leave sheffield,but if needs must on a temp basis then so be it. Could The Dorothy Hyman stadium in cudworth be an option as a temp home ?

Chief Crazy Eagle

#22 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Its a sad state of affairs.I wouldnt want to see them leave sheffield,but if needs must on a temp basis then so be it. Could The Dorothy Hyman stadium in cudworth be an option as a temp home ?

Goole Town :shout:

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#23 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 474 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

Lets be honest here, they could surely see it coming. For many years there has been problems with playing at Don Valley for them. Whether this be because of athletic meets or other events. The ball should have been set into motion many years before the announcement of the closure of Don Valley. It was never a good option for a ground in terms of it feeling like a 'home' and also for spectators and fans.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#24 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

Play the big games at Bramall Lane, and play out of town for the smaller games. If, for example, they played the smaller games at Fev, and let their season ticket holders in for half price, the money they got off Fev fans would pay for free busses for Eagles fans to travel from Sheffield. Might even get more away fans, cos Fev is nearer to most. Wakefield is also another option if you want to slum it.At least it would give the Eagles time to get another stadium ready!

#25 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

What was the supposed deal with Bawtry Road (Sheffield Hallam University's sports complex)? I've looked at the redevelopment plans and it didn't look anywhere good enough for the Championship, let alone the proposed second tier of Super League

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#26 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 369 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Looking at it and trying to turn it into a possitive ive looked at possible venues for home games next season in a totally different light having given up hope of a local venue.I think south leeds stadium should be consided sharing with the hawks if possible from s1 to ls11 is around 35 mile nearly all motorway.If we were to play the west yorkshire sides there thats batley,dewsbury,halifax,keighley and featherstone taken care of.Maybe take the crusaders home game to south wales arms park on the new i pitch if poss.The doncaster game may be give up home avantage and play it at the keapmoat.The three cumbians sides id take games if poss to fleetwood town highbury stadium 5,327, morcambe globe arena 6,476 and southport haig ave 6,008 capacity.If they could get them spread out three weekend by the sea might appeal to fans.That just leaves leigh , swinton and possibly oldham again the south leeds stadium if possible.Could maybe have a couple of double headers with the hawks especial in cardiff with eagles playing crusaders and south wales hosting the hawks .

Chief Crazy Eagle

#27 RugbyLeagueGeek

RugbyLeagueGeek
  • Coach
  • 632 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

Why?

#28 daz39

daz39
  • Players
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

Why?

The Don Valley stadium is being demolished, i presume.

Is Owlerton stadium or woodbourn road not options ?

#29 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

What's the case with Rotherham Titans? Have they said no, or isn't it suitable?

#30 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 818 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

Youre saying we should play home games in Morecambe?? Might as well just play them all down in Limoux if we are going to do that. We'll be at Owlerton next season.

why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#31 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 818 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

Cricket is played in the summer at Clifton Lane. The club had purchased stands to put up at Bawtry Road but the University pulled the plug at the eleventh hour, which is why this situation has come about.

why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#32 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,269 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

Looking at it and trying to turn it into a possitive ive looked at possible venues for home games next season in a totally different light having given up hope of a local venue.I think south leeds stadium should be consided sharing with the hawks if possible from s1 to ls11 is around 35 mile nearly all motorway.If we were to play the west yorkshire sides there thats batley,dewsbury,halifax,keighley and featherstone taken care of.Maybe take the crusaders home game to south wales arms park on the new i pitch if poss.The doncaster game may be give up home avantage and play it at the keapmoat.The three cumbians sides id take games if poss to fleetwood town highbury stadium 5,327, morcambe globe arena 6,476 and southport haig ave 6,008 capacity.If they could get them spread out three weekend by the sea might appeal to fans.That just leaves leigh , swinton and possibly oldham again the south leeds stadium if possible.Could maybe have a couple of double headers with the hawks especial in cardiff with eagles playing crusaders and south wales hosting the hawks .

So they should drop the Sheffield name altogether, just become the Eagles and turn up at random non-league grounds and hope to draw some fans and make money?

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#33 brooza

brooza
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

The Don Valley stadium is being demolished, i presume.

Is Owlerton stadium or woodbourn road not options ?

Apparantly Owlerton is the only option in Sheffield

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#34 The Walrus

The Walrus
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

Apparantly Owlerton is the only option in Sheffield

How can they play at Owlerton and still be called the Eagles? 

#35 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

Can't believe owlerton would be acceptable to the RFL

#36 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 818 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

How can they play at Owlerton and still be called the Eagles? 

Should we ask the suburb of Owlerton to be renamed Eagleton?

Owlerton isnt acceptable at the moment, but the club has stands that were ready to be used at Bawtry Road that can be used at the stadium, there are still issues with the pitch and changing rooms but one plus point would be the excellent corporate areas at the stadium. 

#37 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,805 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

This thread is just madness. :bye:

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#38 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 943 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

Youre saying we should play home games in Morecambe?? Might as well just play them all down in Limoux if we are going to do that. We'll be at Owlerton next season.

mmmmm Morecambe... they have won the best pies in football award and featured heavily on TV because of the homemade pies they make at the football stadium.

Seems a good fit to me because I've always wanted to try their pies since hearing about how good they are on TV.

#39 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 818 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

mmmmm Morecambe... they have won the best pies in football award and featured heavily on TV because of the homemade pies they make at the football stadium.

Seems a good fit to me because I've always wanted to try their pies since hearing about how good they are on TV.

Kidderminster do a cracking Cottage Pie, I propose a game there

#40 Wanderer

Wanderer
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

Walsall for balti pie would be good aswell