Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

14/09/13 - SL Qual Play-off: Warrington Wolves v Leeds Rhinos KO 3pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
425 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Warrington Wolves (5 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. Leeds Rhinos (6 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#421 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

You're not thinking of the Lauaki incident are you, where Burrow got in his face, Lauaki batted him away like a fly and then Burrow throw a flurry of punches that all missed as his arms weren't long enough?

No this was a few years before that, I'm sure it was tickle, it was definitely at headingley

#422 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Answers to questions relating to the major talking point of this game:

Question - Why wasn't Lee Briers sent off?

RFL Referees@RFLReferees1h

A punch is not an automatic send off, depending on severity the ref has discretion to send off, sin bin or warn player. JC

Question - What is Mr Child's take on the Briers incident?

RFL Referees@RFLReferees1h

I felt Ablett’s tackle was on Briers’ shirt collar, so legal. I saw Briers throw a punch but wasn’t sure of point of contact but felt it wasn’t severe enough to dismiss him. I felt a warning on this occasion was appropriate. JC

So there we have it, straight from the horses mouth. Debate over. :rolleyes:
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#423 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

No this was a few years before that, I'm sure it was tickle, it was definitely at headingley

In answer to myself it wasn't tickle it was Jamie Thackeray

#424 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,540 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

Answers to questions relating to the major talking point of this game:

Question - Why wasn't Lee Briers sent off?

RFL Referees ‏@RFLReferees1h
A punch is not an automatic send off, depending on severity the ref has discretion to send off, sin bin or warn player. JC

Question - What is Mr Child's take on the Briers incident?
RFL Referees ‏@RFLReferees1h
I felt Ablett’s tackle was on Briers’ shirt collar, so legal. I saw Briers throw a punch but wasn’t sure of point of contact but felt it wasn’t severe enough to dismiss him. I felt a warning on this occasion was appropriate. JC

Thanks for posting this Dave. You've been right along and fought your corner extremely well.

#425 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,130 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

i can't believe that one punch has caused so much debate? it happened just get on with it and lee will most probably get a 1 game ban for a grade A offesnce.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#426 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

i can't believe that one punch has caused so much debate? it happened just get on with it and lee will most probably get a 1 game ban for a grade A offesnce.

yes time we wrapped it up now .I know it was there to be discussed,but its all been covered several times,we have all been reminded when so and so did Thingy [mostly Bailey].There are two mouth watering games coming up and I'm sure they will give us plenty to discuss for another week

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users