Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

14/09/13 - SL Qual Play-off: Warrington Wolves v Leeds Rhinos KO 3pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
425 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Warrington Wolves (5 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. Leeds Rhinos (6 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

Child has had way too big an influence on this.

In a Widnes match there was a punch up and he had no problem sending people off the pitch. Briers punches a player straight out and he doesn't even get a yellow?

He is a terrible, terrible referee. It's no coincidence that his is the most niggly performance we've seen this weekend.

#42 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

It's no coincidence that his is the most niggly performance we've seen this weekend.

I'd say that was mainly down to the fact Leeds were playing

#43 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Child has had way too big an influence on this.

In a Widnes match there was a punch up and he had no problem sending people off the pitch. Briers punches a player straight out and he doesn't even get a yellow?

He is a terrible, terrible referee. It's no coincidence that his is the most niggly performance we've seen this weekend.

He's awful and the message has now been sent that there are no consequences for throwing a punch, which is completely contrary to how SL has been reffed the rest of the year.

#44 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Briers should have been sent off for not getting a cleaner contact on carl 'the grinning cockhelmet' Ablett.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#45 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

Sorry if I'm a little late with my comment here but who is Stuart (comical Ali) Cummings trying to kid with that forward pass from Watkins! Having stopped the picture at the point it leaves his hand and then again at the point it's caught, the ball travels approx 5m lateral and 5m forward. You would have to be travelling at ridiculous inhuman speeds for momentum to account for that.

It was a forward pass, end of!
No amount of warp or spin from the officials apologist changes that.

#46 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

Sorry if I'm a little late with my comment here but who is Stuart (comical Ali) Cummings trying to kid with that forward pass from Watkins! Having stopped the picture at the point it leaves his hand and then again at the point it's caught, the ball travels approx 5m lateral and 5m forward. You would have to be travelling at ridiculous inhuman speeds for momentum to account for that.

An another person who doesn't understand the laws of physics.

#47 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

He's awful and the message has now been sent that there are no consequences for throwing a punch, which is completely contrary to how SL has been reffed the rest of the year.

If anybody thinks he wouldn't have sent Hock off in the same situation needs their heads testing.

#48 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Sorry if I'm a little late with my comment here but who is Stuart (comical Ali) Cummings trying to kid with that forward pass from Watkins! Having stopped the picture at the point it leaves his hand and then again at the point it's caught, the ball travels approx 5m lateral and 5m forward.

You would have to be travelling at ridiculous inhuman speeds for momentum to account for that.

I'm just surprised that Sky showed the side angle, at this time of year they generally switch it off for Leeds tries. I like the NFL in Autumn, but I always thought quarterbacks wore helmets, not Rhino shirts.

Joking apart I thought it wasn't forward.

Edited by giwildgo, 14 September 2013 - 02:45 PM.

#49 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,341 posts

Momentum rule all day

Great try saver from hardaker

#50 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

If anybody thinks he wouldn't have sent Hock off in the same situation needs their heads testing.

Agree

#51 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,032 posts

Amazing run by Westwood, amazing defence too

#52 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Can't give that

#53 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

He passed it back, the position relative to the ground is irrelevant, it's the one to Sinfield you should question

#54 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

That should not have been given

#55 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

I often watch Sky games without the sound and had forgotten how much Stevo disliked us.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#56 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,341 posts

Never a try!!

#57 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,592 posts

That run from Westwood deserved a try!

#58 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,548 posts

Wouldn't have given that.
Posted Image

#59 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

BoD

Fair call

#60 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

He passed it back, the position relative to the ground is irrelevant, it's the one to Sinfield you should question

For once we agree!

The officials are having way too big an influence on this game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users