Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Reprieve for Hunslet?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

Only a glimmer of hope, but isnt looking good for the Eagles.

http://www.totalrl.c...ld-eagles-rlfc/
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

Dont want a reprieve under those circumstances.Eagles deserve to continue in championship

#3 LincolnshireHawk

LincolnshireHawk
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

Agree with you Pudsey Hawk, think most fans would accept that we shouldn't replace the Eagles.

#4 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

Hope not Sheffield don't deserve to be shafted again hopefully just a statement trying to get a reaction from the council to do something
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#5 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 318 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

Also if Oldham get promoted and rfl wont sanction a ground they u guys would stay up apparently

#6 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

Hope that doesn't happen either just not right in my book
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#7 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 892 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

This is apparently back on the agenda again after problems at a wet and muddy Whitebank after the Oldham/Rochdale playoff at the weekend.

And Oldham must now play a final playoff against London Skolars. It's been a few years since I've been down there but from memory I'm not sure that the Skolars ground could hold a 3,000 crowd either - it seemed like a smaller, older version of the South Leeds Stadium.

Part of me hopes that Rochdale actually win the promotion playoff, as like others have said, I wouldn't feel entirely comfortable on a reprieve due to the failure of the playoff winners to meet the required standards.

#8 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

London do have terracing on the far side which I believe can be used & has been used in the past.

#9 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

If promoted OLDHAM could switch their home games to SALFORD, seeing it's reported that the guy who owns Salford is interested in buying both Oldham clubs-- soccer and rugby.

There's no way Oldham could continue to play at their present ground as it does not meet RL capacity and health and safety requirements. .  Remember we had to get a certificate that SLS holds 4300 with 2500 seats.--

and are we really saying that clubs who finished third and fourth in C1 could posslibly replace ourselves or York ?

#10 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 892 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

If promoted OLDHAM could switch their home games to SALFORD, seeing it's reported that the guy who owns Salford is interested in buying both Oldham clubs-- soccer and rugby.

There's no way Oldham could continue to play at their present ground as it does not meet RL capacity and health and safety requirements. .  Remember we had to get a certificate that SLS holds 4300 with 2500 seats.--

and are we really saying that clubs who finished third and fourth in C1 could posslibly replace ourselves or York ?

If Rochdale or London win the C1 Grand Final then yes, that's exactly what we're saying !!

It would be a tremendous achievement were they to pull it off, but maybe we should hope for a Skolars victory ... at least that's one fewer long trek to have to make!

#11 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

Can't see skolars going up to be honest, even though I can see them winning the grand final

#12 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

From the last time I was there London Skolars dressing rooms wouldn't meet the requirements for Champonship rugby. Apart from Crusaders the only club from the ones left who would is Rochdale.

A lot can happen before the make up of next seasons divisions is settled, unless the RL is going to lower their standards..

#13 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

From the last time I was there London Skolars dressing rooms wouldn't meet the requirements for Champonship rugby. Apart from Crusaders the only club from the ones left who would is Rochdale.

A lot can happen before the make up of next seasons divisions is settled, unless the RL is going to lower their standards..

I'm sure the RFL will move the goal posts once again to accommodate teams.................

#14 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 776 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

all three teams left in have applied and been excepted into the championship , if they win the KPC1 play -off final . All three have submitted buisness plans and shown how they fulfill the criteria which includes stadium standards.This could be by playing at an alternative venue.
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#15 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 359 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

Heard that Dr goulash will put 1.5 million in to Whitebank if Oldham if there promoted

#16 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 359 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

got his name wrong mean the guy from Salford

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users