Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NEW FLOODLIGHTS

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

What was the original quote Neil.

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#22 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

What was the original quote Neil.

£100k

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#23 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

I'm sure the board Would of acquired more quotes. This seems very high on just putting the lights in. I have experience in this field and would very much doubt it would be anywhere near that figure personally.

The £100k wasn't just to install the lights, it was also to purchase the lights which don't  come cheap id have thought.  

barrow should have got you to quote for it, there is still time.

#24 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

I'm sure the board Would of acquired more quotes. This seems very high on just putting the lights in. I have experience in this field and would very much doubt it would be anywhere near that figure personally.

The quote included lighting design , provision of new columns and heads/upgrading the original switch board, new ducting and cabling around the pitch and up to the distribution board, design of the base for the columns, removal of the original columns, excavation,disposal, concreting, re building of the pitch wall, craneage, together with commissioning and certification.

If you or anyone else have the qualifications or you can obtain a cheaper quotation then I am certain the club will be all ears. 

#25 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

You joined the forum today specially to make these spurious claims? Hmmm.

#26 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

why not get facilities for putting a digital clock and power for score board . these positions get good sponsorship and would pay for themselves in no time.

#27 atp

atp
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

I would think the BoD will look at all tenders in detail, as they have had support in a number of ways to raise the money so far.

There was a number of tenders for the work some more detailed than others, quotes were varied in price all from the same spec sheet.
I,m sure the BoD will make the right decision for the club knowing how the money has been raised and the financial position of the club.

#28 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

It wouldn't be hard to under cut that price. Why cable round the ground when you can go straight across ? Re building of pitch wall why ? Design of base columns you have the design in the columns you already have. ? Why upgrade heads your using new columns. ? How much are you charging for civils ? There is not much civil work to do if you go straight across pitch ? Seems very costly

Your post is a little puzzling ?  you say we already have the design in the columns we already have ? even if we did (but we don't) the design of the below ground civil structure is based on ground conditions and wind loading which has to be calculated on the ground conditions were they are planned to be installed, and therefore a design is required from an Engineer following trial holes.

If you read my post  you will see that we have 4 second hand columns and 1 new one within the quotation

You sound like you have knowledge in this area of work ? If so you will understand that the columns will be installed near to the pitch side wall and in doing so a section of the wall will need to come down to cast a large reinforced concrete base.

Cabling straight across the pitch is not the cheapest option as i am sure you will already understand as the shortest route to each column would save on the price of the cable and prevent voltage drop  but the columns will be in the four corners of the pitch with one opposite the grandstand.

It may be a good idea for you to offer your services to the BoD if you can undercut the quotation supplied by Agrilek at the same time carry out the design,calculations and certification required ?

#29 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

He no's you no!
( hope his quotations are better than his spelling)
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#30 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

I never can understand people hiding behind pseudonyms. I think the most helpful thing would be for you to make contact with the BOD. No reason why this contact should be made public.

Posted Image

#31 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

We already have. And also no were the columns are going and what is involved. So I no it seems very expensive

if you know it seems very expensive and you have experience in this field why don't you contact the club to say that  your company can do it cheaper rather than coming on here to ridicule the price?

or are you just talking out of your bumhole?

#32 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

If you can do this for the club great and save us xxx amount of pounds that's fantastic and we would thank you, however I get a little suspicious when people just suddenly announce that they can produce the same installation at a cheaper price on a forum without even saying who you are! 

Quote acceptance should never be considered on price alone but should be judged on many assets that the firm brings to the table. Turnkey operation of a suitably managed installation would be my preference to some one offering an anonymous cold called price on a forum for a part of the project.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#33 atp

atp
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

I was involved with the sub committee looking at the floodlight requirements at CP and there is more than one quotation for the work required! As I said previously some are more expensive some are cheaper, some are very well detailed on what they provide for the money some are not, what I say is have faith in the committee and there decision, I'm sure they will have all the requirements needed at hand, as well as details of guarantees ect for after the work is done.
All I can see on this post is that one tender is quite happy letting everyone know what price they have put in for the job.
If someone thinks this is a high price to pay I'm sure the committee would be interested to hear from you a.s.a.p., but in the meantime they do have more than one quote for the job lets wait an see what they decide to go with before getting excited.

#34 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

With new floodlights the ground will be starting to look much better, especially with the improvements to the popular side which were completed last year.

Would love to see a new popular side roof and the long overdue demolition of Josephine's !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that IS an eyesore !!!!

Posted Image

#35 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

looking at the roof of Josephines im suprised it hasnt already been condemned by someone from the council or even the HSE ?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#36 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

looking at the roof of Josephines im suprised it hasnt already been condemned by someone from the council or even the HSE ?

who actually owns it ?

#37 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

Is it still Steve Johnson?

#38 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Steve Johnson owns the building

#39 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

Thanks and remember him owning it but didn't know if he still did , the place is a disgrace but cant see him spending a penny on it

#40 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

well with the state of it the council should slap an order on him forcing him to do something about it ... bloody eyesore

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes