Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NEW FLOODLIGHTS

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 Flying whinger

Flying whinger
  • Coach
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

Its been up for sale for years, rumour has it he slapped a £270.000 price tag on it.................................. Just to stop the rugby buying it!

#42 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

Johnson ... just another dodgy egoist.................. what is it with these so called tin pot businessmen ?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#43 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

can we ask council to get something done about it ? surely they cant allow him to let it go to rack and ruin

#44 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:19 PM

What's the latest news on the progress of the floodlights from the Leisure Centre ?

Posted Image

#45 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

What's the latest news on the progress of the floodlights from the Leisure Centre ?

Apparently the floodlight stanchions are laying on the terracing inside the ground.

Posted Image

#46 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:30 AM

Apparently the floodlight stanchions are laying on the terracing inside the ground.

Thanks for shedding some light on the matter Ricky !!!!

Posted Image

#47 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

ba dum tish lol

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#48 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:16 AM

Great news in the NWEM that a former director Eric wood secured the new lights from Barrow borough Council

It is no wonder that the people that have done all the work in the back ground for the club have washed there hands and walked away

What lies are next to come out  :rtfm:

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#49 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

I don't understand what you are saying Neil? Are you suggesting Eric had nothing to do with the club getting the lights? If so, what should have been printed in the mail?

#50 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

Paul

I was asked to move the lights from Barrow Park by Barrow Council, immediately I started enquirers over what was happening with the lights. The lights were being stored with re selling them at a later date in mind.

Following negotiations Barrow Council agreed conditions for the issue of the lights free as long as they went to either Barrow Rugby or Roose Pioneers.  I obtained the letter of permission for the use off the council but the condition was that they could not be re sold and they had to be fit for purpose.

I obtained calculations for the lux levels which also proved that 5 lighting was ok and that a 5th column was required.

I then looked into the base design for the columns and I found that the steel base section was not with the columns in storage and the intention from the contractors in Barrow park was to re use the bases for isolating the electrical supply.

Again I negotiated with Barrow Council and offered to supply GRP kiosks to replace the bases as the cost of the bases was excess £2k each.  Eventually the council decided that we could have the bases and I collected them were they came to my yard were they stayed until they were collected a few weeks ago.

The only involvement from any other party was to finally collect them from our yard. 

#51 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

Neil

cheers for the response but why not go directly to the NWEM and submit a complaint and ask for it to be reprinted with the truth. There's not many people on this forum anymore who really care so your only reaching the minority.

I did notice that you mentioned the council a lot.. Is Eric not a councillor or was? Is there a possibility that he himself persuaded council members to allow the lights to be used at one of the clubs?

#52 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

Paul

Im not looking for my name in lights for a free good deed but repeatedly since 2011 the truth has been covered up/twisted to give in active people a pat on the back for what they took no part in.

Eric Wood has not been a councilor for a number of years now.

Maybe the Chairman whom has full knowledge of what really happened will make a statement but then again whats the point !

#53 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

The chairman probably doesn't have permission off the boss to release such a statement! Sounds like the club don't want to recognise Neil Martins hard work for some reason.

#54 atp

atp
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Who's the boss??

#55 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

This is great news for the future of Barrow Raiders and a crying shame that instead of celebrating, the same old simmering bad blood emerges on here.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the Mail's doing. It wouldn't be the first time the Evening Mail have printed a garbled version of the truth.

*Everyone* connected with this extremely important and vital step in the right direction deserves congratulations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users