- - - - -

Dual-Reg

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

Undoubtedly, some players estimate their talents as being way beyond the reality, but do you really think that virtually all the players you had from Hull (bar Briscoe and Hadley) were 'Big Time Charlie's)? Seems unlikely.

If you'd seen how they'd played you'd agree with us. Shaul, Kent, Crookes and Nicklas all thought they were too good to be here so either put in an embarrassing amount of effort or refused to play if they were to start on the bench.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#22 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

Undoubtedly, some players estimate their talents as being way beyond the reality, but do you really think that virtually all the players you had from Hull (bar Briscoe and Hadley) were 'Big Time Charlie's)? Seems unlikely.

But true

#23 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

But true

Possibly, however its interesting that only York seem to have suffered from dual registration players' 'lack of effort'. Despite the issues surrounding dual reg, I don't know any fans from other clubs who have so seriously doubted the commitment of the guys who joined them on a temporary basis.

Posted Image

#24 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

Possibly, however its interesting that only York seem to have suffered from dual registration players' 'lack of effort'. Despite the issues surrounding dual reg, I don't know any fans from other clubs who have so seriously doubted the commitment of the guys who joined them on a temporary basis.

sorry but it's true for most of them

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#25 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

No need for you to worry about it, it's finished, time to move on

#26 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,131 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

Dig a little deeper, Mr T.

#27 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Congratulations I only wish we would follow your lead

#28 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:16 AM

Pretty certain the way Danny Nicklas was treated at Hull FC affected his situation &

attitude at York - might be wrong, but think Hull decided to give Danny another years

contract but they forgot to tell him that the plan was then to send him to us for the whole season

Personally really rated Danny as a player - if he had started the season with us without any of the

dual-reg/loan problems he would be my 1st choice at half back

Edited by shades2, 13 September 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#29 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,131 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

Pretty certain the way Danny Nicklas was treated at Hull FC affected his situation &

attitude at York - might be wrong, but think Hull decided to give Danny another years

contract but they forgot to tell him that the plan was then to send him to us for the whole season

Personally really rated Danny as a player - if he had started the season with us without any of the

dual-reg/loan problems he would be my 1st choice at half back

If we'd kept him, we probably wouldnt have got Ben Johnston, Col and I know which one I prefer !

#30 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

If we'd kept him, we probably wouldnt have got Ben Johnston, Col and I know which one I prefer !

Hear, hear! Where is he now? Is he still at Gloucester? If he is..........

#31 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

Niklas at Gloucester? We'll get to sing at him then. Now, what ryhmes with Danny?

#32 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

Niklas at Gloucester? We'll get to sing at him then. Now, what ryhmes with Danny?

Poonani

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#33 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

####, granny, nobhead, the lion the witch and the specky kid who ###### himself

It's time to park the camels.

#34 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

Danny took a little bit of offence to the critism levelled at him & other dual reg FC players on Twitter , poor lamb , we treat him so badly & so did Hull & so did his Nannie & so did everyone who is anything ! He would make a glass eye weep !
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#35 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

####, granny, nobhead, the lion the witch and the specky kid who ###### himself

Don't hold back!

#36 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Hull FC have partnered with Doncaster

#37 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

Hull FC have partnered with Doncaster

Bye bye Waller and for no money at all. They may get a friendly against Hulls kids

#38 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

Really rate Ben, but will stck with my original opinion of Nicklas as a player, not going to add to

how he was treated at Hull FC, but a lot of people don't know the full story.

Edited by shades2, 16 September 2013 - 07:26 AM.

#39 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

From the Workington board - looks like Swinton will be able to fiddle it again:

The RFL insist that dual registration is here to stay - in its current form - until at least the end of next season.

That is the opening sentence in an article published in the League Weekly newspaper this morning. Despite calls to scrap it and clubs cancelling partnerships, Red Hall are adamant "alterations" - if any - will not be made until the 2015 season when a brand new structure is expected to be introduced.

The RFL's director of standards and licensing, Blake Solly, told League Weekly, "Dual Registration will remain a part of the sport, in its current form,for the 2014 season. There wont be any changes to it. However, after next year, it will possibly be amended as part of the policy review for 2015 and beyond".

So, despite all the comings and goings this season there is no change for next season.

#40 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

Once again the RFL balls up the chance to sort out a fiasco

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users