• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

From the Workington board - looks like Swinton will be able to fiddle it again:

The RFL insist that dual registration is here to stay - in its current form - until at least the end of next season.

That is the opening sentence in an article published in the League Weekly newspaper this morning. Despite calls to scrap it and clubs cancelling partnerships, Red Hall are adamant "alterations" - if any - will not be made until the 2015 season when a brand new structure is expected to be introduced.

The RFL's director of standards and licensing, Blake Solly, told League Weekly, "Dual Registration will remain a part of the sport, in its current form,for the 2014 season. There wont be any changes to it. However, after next year, it will possibly be amended as part of the policy review for 2015 and beyond".

So, despite all the comings and goings this season there is no change for next season.
said from the start that it would make the competition a farce, and so it proved

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#42 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

So, just because York made a complete and utter balls-up of your relationship with Hull (and vice-versa, probably), you think every club should be penalised with the scrapping of dual registration? Its worked very well for us this season, and I'm happy its remaining - as long as the status quo is maintained.

Posted Image

#43 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

So, just because York made a complete and utter balls-up of your relationship with Hull (and vice-versa, probably), you think every club should be penalised with the scrapping of dual registration? Its worked very well for us this season, and I'm happy its remaining - as long as the status quo is maintained.

Not scrapping it, it's just some clubs have 'abused' the system. It's good when the likes of Batley use it well however there needs to be stricter rules in place over what can and can't be done.

YCK

#44 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:03 AM

Not scrapping it, it's just some clubs have 'abused' the system. It's good when the likes of Batley use it well however there needs to be stricter rules in place over what can and can't be done.

Correct - a few tweaks such as no more than 4 players from the partner club in the 17 for

any game & it would be fine

#45 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,009 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

I would not say that the likes of Swinton "abused" the system more like they and Warrington "used" the system to full advantage.

Swinton never used more than 4 DR's in any one game but they did play upwards of 6 other players who had conveniently been legitimately transferred to them from Warrington prior to the season starting. There was nothing in the rules to prevent this, even though everyone knew that by the end of the season these same players would revert back to being Warrington players.

If we want to prevent players of the quality of Briers, Morley, Wood, Bridge, etc, playing in the Championships then there needs to be a rule that prevents players with, say, more than 50 SL appearances playing.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#46 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

More than 50 sl appearances?
The spirit is to help young player's development. A player would have to be in his 3rd season having played pretty much every match available - thats not a young player needing development.

I say the limit should be 2 starts or 4 bench. Also, dr should not be available from any sl club who has provided signings in the last 2 years.

#47 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,009 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

More than 50 sl appearances?
The spirit is to help young player's development. A player would have to be in his 3rd season having played pretty much every match available - thats not a young player needing development.

I say the limit should be 2 starts or 4 bench. Also, dr should not be available from any sl club who has provided signings in the last 2 years.

I did not say players had to have 50 SL appearances, I said, " there needs to be a rule that prevents players with, say, more than 50 SL appearances playing"

The current rule of developing young players was so obviously not adhered to with the likes of Briers, Morley, etc, been allowed to play so my rule would prevent that. Also say a good young player aged 24 goes to a SL club my rule would allow him to go back to his Championship club under the DR system.

Edited by Keith T, 19 September 2013 - 05:47 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#48 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

I did not say players had to have 50 SL appearances, I said, " there needs to be a rule that prevents players with, say, more than 50 SL appearances playing"

The current rule of developing young players was so obviously not adhered to with the likes of Briers, Morley, etc, been allowed to play so my rule would prevent that. Also say a good young player aged 24 goes to a SL club my rule would allow him to go back to his Championship club under the DR system.

I think the rules should be as follows;
Whatever suits me and my club is ok what everyone else does is wrong.

Keith you provide as always an objective outlook. I think as you've found with myself in the past before I matured and mellowed into the fine specimen I am now (often in part to listening to people like you)that noses spite and face affects far too many peoples opinions.
The rules are garbage. They almost ruined last season.
The only saving grace being that on the whole they were counter productive.

#49 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

For those who think York fans were just moaning, last night's SL game & result gives you

some idea of what you get when some players just can't be bothered...now Hull fans

know exactly what we got from some of their players.....

#50 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

Shades...the only moaning I have a problem with is when York fans have a little dig at Swinton when really York fans are not in a position too.

#51 demon dave

demon dave
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

Paul Cooke was at the John Smiths Stadium last night watching his proposed players for 2014.

Bet he was well impressed!!!!!

#52 WRknight

WRknight
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

Shades...the only moaning I have a problem with is when York fans have a little dig at Swinton when really York fans are not in a position too.
[/quote

I would like to know why we are not entitled to feel a bit pi**ed off at the way other clubs abused the system and brought it into disrepute. Not that it matters we won't be playing you next year, when everyone will be fighting like mad not to be one of the teams relegated. Think its been bad year, just you wait.....

#53 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

For those who think York fans were just moaning, last night's SL game & result gives you

some idea of what you get when some players just can't be bothered...now Hull fans

Very enjoyable to watch, for a number of reasons :biggrin:

#54 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

Very enjoyable to watch, for a number of reasons.

#55 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

[/quote

I would like to know why we are not entitled to feel a bit pi**ed off at the way other clubs abused the system and brought it into disrepute. Not that it matters we won't be playing you next year, when everyone will be fighting like mad not to be one of the teams relegated. Think its been bad year, just you wait.....

You need to read things properly

#56 steve56

steve56
  • Coach
  • 376 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

Very enjoyable to watch, for a number of reasons.

Just watched the highlights on the beeb,very convincing Huddersfield performance against amateur opposition.Thought the Hull fullback was outstanding though!!! :sarcastic:

#57 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

Yeh really felt for the lad when he went off with the knee injury !!!''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ; )
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#58 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

Hull FC have parted company with head coach Peter Gentle after two years

in charge at the KC Stadium.

#59 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

Really rate Ben, but will stck with my original opinion of Nicklas as a player, not going to add to

how he was treated at Hull FC, but a lot of people don't know the full story.

I'm not the only one to rate Nicklas.....

Doncaster Rugby League Club is delighted to announce that they have captured

the signature of former Hull FC stand-off Danny Nicklas.

#60 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

I'm not the only one to rate Nicklas.....

Doncaster Rugby League Club is delighted to announce that they have captured

the signature of former Hull FC stand-off Danny Nicklas.

Hmmm. Got the one we wanted and the one we didnt want !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users