Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Roughyeds to be bought by Koukash?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#1 mackin89

mackin89
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

Random timing but here's the article http://www.mancheste...-marwan-5910958

#2 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

just reading it now...

under RFL rules he can't own 2 RL clubs can he?

Edited by roughyedspud, 12 September 2013 - 07:53 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#3 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

I posted this also on the Main Forum but as an ex Oldham fan (Ganley, Davies, Turner era)  I really cannot understand the Doom and Gloomers.    Especially from Oldham.     Oldham RL are a sleeping giant and under Mr Hamilton they will stay asleep.   

Dr K  is a breath of fresh air and although I am disappointed he is looking at Latics for Mrs Koukash to take a stake in the Roughyeds would be great.

He may also be looking to buy control of the Oldham Chron - (is it still Hirst Kidd & Rennie ?) & then he will print his own publicity.

A MAJOR man and dont doubt his willingness to upset a few dinosaurs along the way.

#4 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

and as i said on the main forum....he can't own 2 RL CLUBS

also i believe you've made stuff up there....buy the chron?? wtf??

Edited by roughyedspud, 12 September 2013 - 09:22 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC

#5 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

Yes I was joking re the Chron though I will put the idea to him.

Of course you can have an interest in 2 clubs.  Gary & Kath Hetherington had Leeds & Hull for many years - its all about using the family.

Be more positive especially if they get involved.  He has been a breath of fresh air at Salford.

Surely you want to see change at Oldham?   

#6 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

kath & gary hetherington are/where EMPLOYED by two different clubs as chief ex's...completely different...

you seem to forget the fundamental rule that 1 person can't OWN 2 clubs

OLDHAM RLFC

#7 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

You are wrong chum.   They held controlling share interests.  Gary via Paul Caddick & Kath outright.   Stop fighting this and welcome him.   

#8 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

if thats true then great...but ive been arguing that 1 PERSON can't OWN 2 clubs...

OLDHAM RLFC

#9 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

He has done more to get people talking about RL in the past 2 years than the RFL has managed to to in the past 10 years the game needs the cash so good luck to the bloke thats all I can say

#10 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

if thats true then great...but ive been arguing that 1 PERSON can't OWN 2 clubs...

Agree but Mr & Mrs Koukash are different persons.   It will be great for Oldham if it comes off.  Lobby Mr Hamilton please.

#11 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

chris won't need lobbying...he'll sell up

OLDHAM RLFC

#12 Tony Mac

Tony Mac
  • Coach
  • 542 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

My personal view is that if Mr Koukash wants to invest in Oldham RL in any way then we should welcome that. 

Tony Mac

Nobody believes the official spokesman, but everybody trusts an unidentified source.

#13 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 710 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

could be a breath of fresh air in my opinion.

spud, maybe he would be able to take over the club by making us part of Salford.  He would only own 1 club then and we would be part of Salford.

heard we'll be playing at salford next season and will probably mean the end of whitebank.

#14 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

interesting idea can't see it washing with the fans though....

as for playing at salford next year....needs must if we want to be promoted im afraid..

OLDHAM RLFC

#15 higgy

higgy
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

could be a breath of fresh air in my opinion.

spud, maybe he would be able to take over the club by making us part of Salford.  He would only own 1 club then and we would be part of Salford.

heard we'll be playing at salford next season and will probably mean the end of whitebank.

Can't see us playing at Salford for any reason, it would be the death knell it's to far,even worse than Sedgley Park and to difficult to get to for fans.

If Mr Koukash is on the verge of buying the Latics and interested in us surely that would solve any problems at Boundry Park that would make sense

#16 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 999 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

I don't think the Red Devils own the City of Salford Stadium do they? Or do they? I don't know for sure.

I think if any other RL team was going to share it would be Swinton.

You lot will be back at Boundary Park and in the Super League post hast of he starts throwing money around.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#17 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for and in this case it all sounds wonderful, but do we have any inkling of what is really behind all this?

That said however, sometimes you have to grab things while you can and if the choice is between grabbing what's allegedly on offer or the status quo then I'm for grabbing it while we can.

#18 tub

tub
  • Coach
  • 267 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

All sounds very exciting but as article says at very early stages, hope it comes off !

#19 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 710 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

wonder if the doctor is a hairnets fan and his timing is designed to upset our play off preparations ;-)

#20 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

won't surprise me if we hear nothing again about this...

as simon corney said upon hearing of koukash's plan to buy both clubs and building a new stadium...he said "erm...we've not heard off him for 3months"

Edited by roughyedspud, 13 September 2013 - 08:21 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users