Roughyeds to be bought by Koukash?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#21 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

not that i don't want him too....i do...

but the doctor works in weird ways lol

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#22 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

Lets be fair most of the `anti` brigade were dealt a mallet blow last week with the fantastic signings the Doctor has financed.    You need to be more positive Spud.

#23 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

i just think its wise to try and figure the guy out first..

if you recall yesterday on here & the main board i was all about establishing if 1 man can own 2 clubs.....and when some proposed maybe he owns salford & his wife owns oldham....i was like ok,lwts see what happens...

personally i don't think hes rich enough to own 2 RL clubs,a football clubs that will cost more than the 2 RL clubs combined....ontop of his "racing empire"....and he wants to build a stadium too...

sounds abit like that american stanford guy who got into cricket....whos now serving a very long term in prison...

i really hope hes genuine and he does have the money to do what he wants to do in RL......buts theres just something about him....

OLDHAM RLFC

#24 cluedo

cluedo
  • Coach
  • 415 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

personally i don't think hes rich enough to own 2 RL clubs,a football clubs that will cost more than the 2 RL clubs combined....ontop of his "racing empire"....and he wants to build a stadium too...

in the 2012 times rich list his wealth was estimated at £550 million so i think he will be fine, over 50 horses in training, entry fees etc will cost a lot more than the wage bill of ORLFC and Salford combined,

personally think this is the best news about ORLFC for a long time, big question is will he want to take on the debt the club has and pay CH to walk away all Oldham fans  both rugby and football past and present should have their fingers crossed. Sharing Boundary park is the correct way forward neither club are big enough to solely use a stadium, with somebody like Koukash on board both clubs will have the chance to get the product on the pitch to a good standard then long term build the new ground.

Edited by cluedo, 13 September 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#25 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

£550m??

how come i can't find a figure if i google his wealth? surely the times rich list would pop up??

£550m is plenty enough,hopefully its realistic

OLDHAM RLFC

#26 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

and please everyone don't eqate my questioning as being negative or anti koukash......im just trying to dig out some facts .

OLDHAM RLFC

#27 Red mamma

Red mamma
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

As a Salford fan I was extremely dubious when the Doc came on board but having seen his work and spoken to him several times, I honestly believe he's a genuinely nice bloke who wants to make a difference. I get that he's very in your face but his heart is definitely in the right place. All the negativity the club has received about him is in my eyes pure jealousy, not many clubs would refuse the chances we have been given.
So if it comes off welcome him as I'm sure the only way he will go with your club is up. Good luck.

#28 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

ta for the input

Edited by roughyedspud, 13 September 2013 - 01:10 PM.

OLDHAM RLFC

#29 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

There is nothing to stop him owning shares in different clubs. However, I don't think he will be allowed to be a director of more than one club as this as there would be a conflict of interests.

It would be good for both clubs and the town if it came about.

#30 donquixote

donquixote
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

in the 2012 times rich list his wealth was estimated at £550 million so i think he will be fine, over 50 horses in training, entry fees etc will cost a lot more than the wage bill of ORLFC and Salford combined,

personally think this is the best news about ORLFC for a long time, big question is will he want to take on the debt the club has and pay CH to walk away all Oldham fans  both rugby and football past and present should have their fingers crossed. Sharing Boundary park is the correct way forward neither club are big enough to solely use a stadium, with somebody like Koukash on board both clubs will have the chance to get the product on the pitch to a good standard then long term build the new ground.

CH walk away? With the contact made with Salford this year I could see CH being the front runner to be appointed CEO under a new Koukash regime.

It wouldn't be a bad appointment either.

#31 cluedo

cluedo
  • Coach
  • 415 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

The only way to build the club back up is by removing CH from any involvement, he has alienated far too many people over the years

#32 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

CH walk away? With the contact made with Salford this year I could see CH being the front runner to be appointed CEO under a new Koukash regime.
It wouldn't be a bad appointment either.

Hilarious!!

#33 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 705 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

don are you serious?

dont doubt his committment and passion but I feel hes failed to deliver in a number of areas in the running of the club.

anyway lets not turn the thread into an anti-CH rant....we've had loads of posts about this over the years.

on the subject of where we're playing next year, can anyone think of a reason why we'd not be allowed to play at BP next season? (assuming the big if...ie we get promoted)

Agree with others that it would make perfect sense to play at BP or other closer venues but i've been told that we're playing at salford and the only reason I can think is because for some reason we arent allowed to play at BP.

#34 philipw

philipw
  • Coach
  • 546 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

don are you serious?

dont doubt his committment and passion but I feel hes failed to deliver in a number of areas in the running of the club.

anyway lets not turn the thread into an anti-CH rant....we've had loads of posts about this over the years.

on the subject of where we're playing next year, can anyone think of a reason why we'd not be allowed to play at BP next season? (assuming the big if...ie we get promoted)

Agree with others that it would make perfect sense to play at BP or other closer venues but i've been told that we're playing at salford and the only reason I can think is because for some reason we arent allowed to play at BP.

Cos latics don't want us there?

#35 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

I believe its not  because they don't want the rugby playing there Its that the present management are not wanted there.

#36 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

Playing at the Salford stadium would be the first nail in the coffin of the roughyeds demise.

#37 cluedo

cluedo
  • Coach
  • 415 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

Most landlords like to be payed rent

#38 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

if thats true then great...but ive been arguing that 1 PERSON can't OWN 2 clubs...

Too much time in the Shep Spud!!

#39 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

Too much time in the Shep Spud!!

who are u?? lol

OLDHAM RLFC

#40 mackin89

mackin89
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

Update in the MEN http://www.mancheste...r-rugby-6057864

Edited by mackin89, 18 September 2013 - 12:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users