Roughyeds to be bought by Koukash?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#81 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

I agree that this is the very last chance and, if Hamilton is seen to have blocked it, and he can gloss it up any way he wants, but people will know, it's the end of his club anyway, as it's and his own credilbility will have gone down the toilet. This could only mean speccies deserting in their hundreds from a club with no future, with the inevitable administration round the corner. So, let's see how much Hamilton does love this club, or is it just hollow words. This is obviously the worst case scenario, but us realists have learned to expect this over the years. Obviously, like all true Oldham fans, I sincerely hope I'm wrong and would be delighted to be proved so.

Maybe if ORL goes into administration - The good Doctors can make an offer to the administrators. 

#82 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

Why? So it can face Mecca?

mecca?? wtf you on about grow up!

if the pitch was rotated 90degrees it would be easy to build a new stadium cos theres more room....and you are'nt building up the sheepfoot lane hill.....pretty simple concept to grasp without trying to bring religious hate into it...clown

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#83 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

If CH refuses to budge why does he not try and set up a new club free of debt, a good financial Base and Playing at a new redeveloped stadium either at BP or somewhere else in the Town. Hull have two teams the fact that it is a city larger than Oldham should not make any difference.

The RFL say they want more teams so how could they not accept it.

If CH has the interest of professional rugby in the town he should walk away or risk losing any credibility.

The Latics should also welcome someone who wants to take the club forward with a vision shared by the fans and the town

I cannot see the Dr having CH on board the two are direct opposites as far as running a business.

One a very  proven successful business record and the other running a business that is continually in debt with  little credibility as far as the financial aspect of running the club which is operated like a secret society.

#84 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 763 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

The next two games will crystallise matters re ORLFC.

#85 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

I'm sure the price will go up if we do!

#86 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:12 AM

im sure they'll be the same as every championship club..

OLDHAM RLFC

#87 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 722 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

Koukash latest.

Lead story on BBC Rugby League page

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/24203146

#88 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 763 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

Speaking on local radio last night, he said: “At risk of becoming a bore, I will reiterate what I have said many times: if somebody comes forward who is in a better position than I to take the club forward and fulfil the ambitions of fans, players, coaches and myself then I would welcome it.

“I’m not sure people believe me, but I’ve said it often enough and that’s how it is.

“This latest interest is positive news and hopefully it will develop.

“I’m not here to wage a one-man campaign. Interested parties don’t have to replace me. If they want to come on board and work with me that’s fine.”

CH Quote.

Ahem......

#89 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

"work with me" ???

if koukash buys the club and keeps CH on board in some capacity then CH becomes a employee!!

he'd be working FOR not WITH!

Edited by roughyedspud, 24 September 2013 - 01:57 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC

#90 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

The business has no capital assets and considerable debt. CH would be lucky to get £1. Did you really think he's just going to walk away from a salaried CEO position? Would you?

Edited by sheddings69, 24 September 2013 - 06:50 AM.

#91 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 350 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

Get a life, folks!! 

We're in the Grand Final on Sunday!!

#92 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

Get a life, folks!!

We're in the Grand Final on Sunday!!

Which is covered by the other thread.....if you'd like to participate we'd be delighted to hear your views.

#93 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

Its all gone very quiet on the take over front ????????

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#94 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

Seems Koukash is now talking to Swinton Lions according to one of today's newspapers after talks with Oldham stalled.

#95 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

According to CH things were moving along nicely so has he now done something to upset MK or is MK not quite man we think he is? I have no idea myself but a friend who seems to have some insider knowledge, don't ask me how, says to beware of him as he is not to be trusted. Hope he is wrong and that the Swinton side of things turns out to be wrong as well. It would just about finish us all off if this money, if it is there that is, went to another club. Maybe he wants Roughyeds and Latics as a job lot and it's Latics that are stalling so he is moving on. If so then it it would be a real shame if Latics have held us back yet again.

#96 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

There are many vicious people about Scrum Half generally of the jealous type. He (MK) has been great for Salford & HAS delivered. If CH is digging in then he is foolish. Oldham have nothing to sell except membership to CC1. CH would be barmy not to do a deal.

#97 Red Devils PAW

Red Devils PAW
  • Coach
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

Maybe he wants Roughyeds and Latics as a job lot and it's Latics that are stalling so he is moving on. If so then it it would be a real shame if Latics have held us back yet again.

The original news story for this was back in June - http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/22949693 where the soccer club was the main interest.

The only quotes relating to this,I can find in a hurry,do suggest that it is the soccer club that is stalling by wanting more than it is worth

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/82505/koukash-latics-valuation-not-ideal

I can only presume his interest has now switched to another rugby league club if the report in the Sun is to be believed.It did get it right about Bateman to Wigan.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it

#98 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

There are many vicious people about Scrum Half generally of the jealous type. He (MK) has been great for Salford & HAS delivered. If CH is digging in then he is foolish. Oldham have nothing to sell except membership to CC1. CH would be barmy not to do a deal.

The original news story for this was back in June - http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/22949693 where the soccer club was the main interest.

The only quotes relating to this,I can find in a hurry,do suggest that it is the soccer club that is stalling by wanting more than it is worth

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/82505/koukash-latics-valuation-not-ideal

I can only presume his interest has now switched to another rugby league club if the report in the Sun is to be believed.It did get it right about Bateman to Wigan.

I suspect that you are correct and that most of the tales surrounding MK stem from jealousy, and have to agree that he does seem to have been very good for Salford. I just hope that I don't become one of the jealous ones if he does put money into Swinton and we later find out that CH has once again been the problem. I think that would be the end for me if that were to happen. However it may be a different story if Latics are causing us the problems. You can't blame CH for that, but in view of Latics's apparent desire to sell up why are they looking a gift horse in the mouth by upping the price for the club to an unacceptable level? Of course we none of us know what is really going on do we? 

#99 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 633 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

Tbh he's not likely to be too interested in Swinton as they have nothing to give. I suspect he is more interested in the Latics with the roughyeds as an add on, a way to utilise the facilities at boundary park. Trouble with business is there are bluffs and counter bluffs and remember a business is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Doesn't matter what someone wants to sell it for, if there are no buyers then it's not worth it.

#100 Stagger Lee

Stagger Lee
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:44 AM

Swinton would be able to ground share with Salford a lot easier, a lot less frustration from fans traveling wise - and training / medical / backroom staff would also become easier to share.

Edited by Stagger Lee, 03 November 2013 - 02:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users