Roughyeds to be bought by Koukash?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#101 tub

tub
  • Coach
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

The Latics have rejected Koukash , what now ?  will he still want ORLFC ........... hope he sees the potential of the rugby club on it's own 

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/25001363

#102 lalar

lalar
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

No Latics, no rlfc I'm afraid. Will have to make do with super Chris.

#103 mackin89

mackin89
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

Was at an event with friends tonight in Manchester city centre to meet and greet with noble and Koukash and the Dr said the Oldham deal is off.

He is complementary about our service area but all i can see is a squeeze on our small fanbase.

He is after Swinton now as ''a feeder club'' so we are on our own in a world closing around us.

He was complimentary about our history and the talent the area produces but he has a goal of a rugby league club to represent Manchester which is clear to see.

One slight positive he was adamant he feels wealth needs to flow away from super league down the leagues for the sport to survive

But massive chance blown potentially but i feel we cant blame Mr Hamilton as ORLFC was part of a bigger plan for him but i fear for Swinton in the grand plan as atleast he mentioned a new stadium for us but they seem to be dancing with the devil literally.

Edited by mackin89, 19 November 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#104 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

Totally agree Mackin, Mr Hamilton certainly cant be blamed for this one. It seems very short sighted of Latics tbh as Corney stated along the lines of he has been at Latics 10 yrs and 7 of them trying to build a stand, thats all well and good , one modern stand in a 1940's environment,but even at BP there is surely no more room for development around the ground being penned in by Sheepfoot lane and the new houses behind the Chaddy end. Sounds to me like Corney is a bit power mad and thinks of his money more than the club. Backwards thinking again im afraid in Oldham as im sure a new joint ground would attract investment and supporters, i dont think Oldham will ever get a new stadium, its such a shame as other local clubs have events/internationals etc at the venues. The sort of people like Dr K dont come around too often, a missed opportunity for both clubs but i suppose thats that. We will have to hope and pray some sort of funding comes our way to develop Whitebank, if the facilities were upgraded it could be a tidy ground for us. Im staying positive ,we still have our club, i dont know how long Latics will survive in the current money mad world of football. We will have to wait and see! On a positive note the fixtures are out on the 2nd of Dec, roll on the season. Up the Yeds!

#105 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,597 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:51 AM

We will have to hope and pray some sort of funding comes our way to develop Whitebank, if the facilities were upgraded it could be a tidy ground for us. Im staying positive ,we still have our club, i dont know how long Latics will survive in the current money mad world of football. We will have to wait and see! On a positive note the fixtures are out on the 2nd of Dec, roll on the season. Up the Yeds!

heres the new stadium boston united hope too build...capacity 4,000

V11-logo.jpg

would fit on whitebank no problem...we just need about £4m to build it :(

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#106 higgy

higgy
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

Knowing this council they would turn down the planning permission even if we had the money.

#107 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

To say I'm disappointed is a massive understatement. I really did think that at last we were on to something good and positive that would put us back in the bigger leagues and in proper surroundings. But once again we are doomed to disappointment. Are the gods against us or something because we have had one disappointment after another and included in that are some of the most bizarre failures to get promoted over the last several years. Like finishing nine points ahead of a team that goes up and we stay down. Like winning more games than another team that went up on more bonus points. There are other examples that all seem very wrong to me.

I do not for one moment think that this guy Corney is staying away from any deal for the sake of the Latics and for them to remain at Boundary Park as it's their home. I have no doubt in my mind that his decision is purely for his own financial benefit. Am I right that this is the same guy who not too long ago said he had done as much as he could for this team and would willingly sell if the right buyer came along, and didn't he also say that if things didn't improve last season he would have to pull out. Or is that just my poor memory?

#108 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

Looking in from the outside as it were it seems bizarre to turn down the opportunity of a brand new stadium because of a new stand at a ground (Boundary Park) that is well past it's sell by date.

#109 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,199 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

Looking in from the outside as it were it seems bizarre to turn down the opportunity of a brand new stadium because of a new stand at a ground (Boundary Park) that is well past it's sell by date.

Do the latics own the ground?  By that I mean is the ground a seperate company to the football club but owned by the same guy?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#110 higgy

higgy
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

Do the latics own the ground?  By that I mean is the ground a seperate company to the football club but owned by the same guy?

If I remember rightly we were all up in arms sometime ago about a new stadium being built exactly where the good Dr wanted to build one, down at the Failsworth end of Broadway. How could we have been Oldham Roughyeds playing down there.

I am no Latic's fan but good on Mr Corney for refusing to sell and keeping Oldham in Oldham

#111 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

We could have been Oldham Roughyeds Higgy because Failsworth is part of Oldham, just like Limeside/Watersheddings/Saddleworth etc. Having said that i personally wouldnt have wanted the ground there but it is within the boundaries of Oldham. Oldham clubs should be in Oldham of course but remember its a big area, it didnt do Bolton Wanderers much harm to move to the Reebok, wether thats within "Bolton" i dont know but the point is we need a modern stadium for both clubs in Oldham and it seems like no one will budge on "Traditional" areas of the town, should have been the best thing to happen for the sports fans of the town, and been embraced, as i have said in my opinion these type of chances dont happen very often. 

#112 higgy

higgy
  • 337 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:23 AM

We could have been Oldham Roughyeds Higgy because Failsworth is part of Oldham, just like Limeside/Watersheddings/Saddleworth etc. Having said that i personally wouldnt have wanted the ground there but it is within the boundaries of Oldham. Oldham clubs should be in Oldham of course but remember its a big area, it didnt do Bolton Wanderers much harm to move to the Reebok, wether thats within "Bolton" i dont know but the point is we need a modern stadium for both clubs in Oldham and it seems like no one will budge on "Traditional" areas of the town, should have been the best thing to happen for the sports fans of the town, and been embraced, as i have said in my opinion these type of chances dont happen very often. 

I agree it could have been the best thing that could have happened to us, and you can't see anyone else coming to our aid now.

I know we could have been Roughyeds where ever we played, but I remember the hoo - hah when the subject of a ground being built down there sometime ago arose, and you have got to agree even though it's part of the Oldham Borough its nearer to Manchester than Oldham

#113 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 573 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:42 AM

The Bolton analogy is a sound one. Bolton play at Middlebbrook near horwich within Bolton. It's about the same distance from burden park as Failsworth is from boundary park. But middlebrook is retail park with the m61 running past. How Sportspark 2000 would have looked if it had gone ahead.

#114 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

What have we got left now? 500 fans, significant debt, worst stadium in rl. We have no assets.we have all been mugs turning up paying our money. Chris hamilton has drawn his ceo salary for too long. The only thing we have to offer is membership of a league full of rl oddities strewn accross the uk. Were all doomed!

#115 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:03 PM

Totally agree Higgy, its deffo nearer to Manchester! Superdude, yes we are in a poor position of course but still have a competitive team playing good rugby, oh and us mugs will still be there next season home and away trying to support the club. The groud needs improvement as has been said ad infinitum but the thing is no money, no improvements. We could do with crowds of 800-1000 which is acheivable as was proved at the last few games of the league season, wonder if any of the hangers on who jumped on the Grand Final bandwagon will turn up next season, i doubt it, so yes we are stuck with a hardcore of 500 fans but at least they are loyal to the club. Roll on the new season!

#116 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

I jumped on the "bandwagon" and was thrilled by the rugby I saw...It was Batley Bulldogs v Sheffield Eagles that entertained me, one player out thought Oldham in that game and it was not as though the club didn`t know what to expect now was it.

I find it rather humourous being labelled as a "Hanger On" Where Oldham Rugby League Football Club PLC is concerned. It is simply a case of mistaken Identity of course!

#117 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:14 AM

Failsworth is in Manchester! M29 postcode

#118 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

Failsworth is M35 postcode

#119 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

Rochdale and Ashton have an OL postcode but aren't in Oldham!

#120 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:56 AM

Yes it has a M postcode but its in Oldham! From Wikipedia- The Metropolitan Borough of Oldham is a metropolitan borough of Greater ManchesterEngland. It has a population of 225,200,[2] and spans 55 square miles (142 km2).[3] The borough is named after its largest town, Oldham, but also includes the outlying towns of ChaddertonFailsworthRoyton and Shaw and Crompton, the village of Lees, and the parish of Saddleworth.

The boundary is on Oldham road near Mcdonalds, Clearly see on Gmaps the signs that say City of Manchester and Failsworth,Oldham.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users