• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#41 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

Oldham RoughREDS.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#42 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

oi..............

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#43 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

Good on him. He is great for the sport. He also told Radio Manchester that he wants to open a racecourse in Salford. Apparently there is an old one that is still there?

#44 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,394 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

Should avoid two clubs having the same owners, even an owner as *enterprising* as the good doctor.

Other than that I like the attitude that sparking new life into clubs like Oldham will actually be good for their local rivals.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#45 mackin89

mackin89
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

Good on him. He is great for the sport. He also told Radio Manchester that he wants to open a racecourse in Salford. Apparently there is an old one that is still there?

The old racecourse is now part of the the University of Salfords estate with the old student union club the pav and some flats and student houses where i spent a messy first year of uni.

In regards the deal as a Oldham fan id be more than happy for him to go for it

#46 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

Oldham RoughREDS.

I like this - it has potential and takes OIdham's DR relationship with Salford to the next logical level.

When it happens, and Oldham are a force in Super League, Rough-Reds fans will doubtless remind us lowly Hornets of what a fantastic idea it was.

;) 

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#47 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

He can take over Barrow if he likes, we already have our own ground. I'm not going to complain about it.

#48 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

I like this - it has potential and takes OIdham's DR relationship with Salford to the next logical level.

When it happens, and Oldham are a force in Super League, Rough-Reds fans will doubtless remind us lowly Hornets of what a fantastic idea it was.

;)

we give you enough stick now my 13 fingered friend ;)

Edited by roughyedspud, 12 September 2013 - 12:24 PM.

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#49 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

I'd bloody love it if he bought Latics but it's odd that the current owner keeps saying he hasnt heard a peep from him for over 3 months and says that he finds it all unsettling. Odd to occasionally pop up and claim to want to buy a club if you dont do anything about it. But if it's just for publicity why on earth use Oldham? Hardly a high profile pair of sports clubs. All very strange but come on down Dr, we both want your lovely lovely lolly......

#50 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

I would be amazed if you could find more than a handful of lower league fans who would be anything other than absolutely delighted to see him buy there club, and those handful would be the usual miserable, only there to complain types.

#51 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

lets clear this up...

what clubs have the hetheringtons owned?

does gary own any part of leeds? and did kath own any part of hull?

Yes and Yes is my understanding, but i could be wrong. I can't see a conflict of interest in owning a Super League club and a championship club at the same time.

#52 steef

steef
  • Coach
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

As an Oldham fan I'd love this to happen if the rules allow it.
"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook....156268557729980

#53 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

I'd bloody love it if he bought Latics but it's odd that the current owner keeps saying he hasnt heard a peep from him for over 3 months and says that he finds it all unsettling. Odd to occasionally pop up and claim to want to buy a club if you dont do anything about it. But if it's just for publicity why on earth use Oldham? Hardly a high profile pair of sports clubs. All very strange but come on down Dr, we both want your lovely lovely lolly......

Who would take it seriously if he had said City or United?

#54 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

yes but as you know there are higher profile clubs than Oldham Athletic who could feasibly be in his cash bracket.. Anyway, I hope he does buy us as 17 years of League One has sapped my will to live.Let's live a little!

#55 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 633 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

yes but as you know there are higher profile clubs than Oldham Athletic who could feasibly be in his cash bracket.. Anyway, I hope he does buy us as 17 years of League One has sapped my will to live.Let's live a little!

also with roughyeds playing at boundary park means a more cost effective business.

#56 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

would love the Roughyeds to move back in, with or without Koukash. Hopefully without all the petty bitching that went on last time between the fans of the clubs. I suppose if owned by the same bloke then there's a lot less room for disagreement and moaning.To think of what we had 20 odd years ago and what's become of both clubs - and their grounds - since is depressing really

#57 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,035 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

Yes and Yes is my understanding, but i could be wrong. I can't see a conflict of interest in owning a Super League club and a championship club at the same time.

From what I can remember, Kath was the Chairperson at Hull and Gary the Chief Executive at Leeds (Paul Caddick the Chairman at Leeds). Perhaps that's how that was avoided?
Posted Image

#58 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,035 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Tell you what Koukash should do: BUY the RFL. He can then invest into ALL clubs and the structures of the game, market the SL brand and England RL brand, etc.

Now THAT would make life interesting!
Posted Image

#59 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

we give you enough stick now my 13 fingered friend ;)

Aye - and when Kash-Kou is working the Rough-Reds like Sooty, we'll all laugh about this....

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!

#60 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

Imagine that...

devilred001_zpsc311ee4a.jpg

Edited by Hornetto, 12 September 2013 - 05:11 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users