League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Football In Its own Words: the layout on Kindle looks all at sea!

And a big thank you.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

Our Stu has now downloaded Football In its Own Words on Kindle but looking all at sea. Clicking 'look inside' the text is jumbled. Furthermore, some of the chapter headings are on the left whereas others are central as it should be! That apart, there is some minor editing still to be sorted. 

It has been very frustrating putting the book together having encountered many problems and setbacks. This is the reason it won't be on paper for now. I will be donating a percentage of money from sales to Armed Services charity, SSAFA. 

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the forum members who contributed stories as well as editing and who are credited, as well as totalrl. Unlike Geoff Lee, this will be my last book because of the many setbacks over a lengthy period. Enough is enough!  :bye:

#2 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,872 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

Bought and look forward to having a read - good luck with sales Ray, sounds like its been hard work!

#3 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,873 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

Well done Ray!

I've heard more than a few authors gripe about Kindle formatting.  There are a few, with enough meat behind their name, who insist that their editor gets final proof-reading rights before publication but most authors are told to "lump it" as it's far cheaper to outsource the formatting to foreign rush-job houses that charge about 1/10th of what a normal publishing house would for the same task.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#4 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

Well done Ray!

I've heard more than a few authors gripe about Kindle formatting.  There are a few, with enough meat behind their name, who insist that their editor gets final proof-reading rights before publication but most authors are told to "lump it" as it's far cheaper to outsource the formatting to foreign rush-job houses that charge about 1/10th of what a normal publishing house would for the same task.

Hi Craig, I'm now in the process with our Stu to try and sort it out. Not ideal after going through a nightmare experience putting it all together. We have edited some errors but then it has only been corrected on the 'click inside' but not the book itself!

#5 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

Having sorted out some edits and blank spaces, the book has been downloaded again and looks much better on the preview.

#6 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,330 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

Just bought it to see if my bit made it. Since we worked on it Mansfield have returned to the league and the rivalry resumes...

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#7 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

Just bought it to see if my bit made it. Since we worked on it Mansfield have returned to the league and the rivalry resumes...

Good grief, I missed that one. Will have to wait until I update it!  ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users