TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

james cravens signed for cougars

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 ramstieidie

ramstieidie
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

cougars have confirmed the signing of james craven from the Dewsbury rams

#2 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

Can't blame him really because of the way he has been used this season. Wants to play week in week out, and he should be. Knew he was a good player when i watched him play at Thornhill.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#3 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

He wouldn't get the role of full-back the way morton is playing at the moment. However he's done well for us in the time he's been at the club

#4 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

He wouldn't get the role of full-back the way morton is playing at the moment. However he's done well for us in the time he's been at the club

How do you know James wouldn't have played better or Morton scored more on the wing?

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#5 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

Just stating what I've seen this season morton has been outstanding this season since his switch to fullback.

Edited by Eddie_Rombo, 12 September 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#6 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

Just stating what I've seen this season morton has been outstanding this season since his switch to fullback. Hindsight is a good thing but I'm going with what I've observed something you can't comment on with not being a rams fan

I thought he was!

#7 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

Good signing for keighley, loss for us as wev now no longer any dewsbury born players in our team?? Unless akadiere re signs and walshaw. whats very important now we get a good quick winger to replace him or a good fullback. I actually believe craven was only ever dropped through is defence work and reading of the game as mortons abit more solid defensively and thats why pryce also played fullback for some time ,hence James craven was pushed on the wing or not even included some weeks. I actually expect Morton to be back on the wings next year and us to have a new fullback.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 12 September 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#8 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

Told u lot a few week ago craven was off 2 keighley big loss for us craven was ###### off though he was telling us at awards night by the way he was talking to us him and Glenn did not seem to seem eye to eye good luck in new adventure James gutted :(

#9 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 962 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

I'm sorry to see him go, but can't blame him really. Best of luck James.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#10 sparks1

sparks1
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

good luck to the lad, i had hoped he might stay but we move on

#11 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 262 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

I thought he was!

I am, and a season ticket holder, and have been for over 20 years......

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#12 morti

morti
  • Coach
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

good luck james mate,big loss,one of the best full backs in the division

#13 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

A really, really good player. Wish we'd have kept him at Batley but the coaching staff at the time obviously didn't spot his potential.

Edited by TheTerminator, 13 September 2013 - 02:44 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

Good signing for keighley, loss for us as wev now no longer any dewsbury born players in our team?? Unless akadiere re signs and walshaw. whats very important now we get a good quick winger to replace him or a good fullback. I actually believe craven was only ever dropped through is defence work and reading of the game as mortons abit more solid defensively and thats why pryce also played fullback for some time ,hence James craven was pushed on the wing or not even included some weeks. I actually expect Morton to be back on the wings next year and us to have a new fullback.

If I'm right when i say this, I remember Glenn saying in the press that he were looking at a few local amateur teams, anyone can correct me if I'm wrong

"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#15 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:03 AM

We always look at the amateur scene but I suspect that there is little to excite us. I'm still of the understanding that our next FB will be new to the British game.

Sorry to see JC leave but, as always, money talks. I hope that he's confident that Keighley can continue to pay their inflated salaries throughout the whole of the season.

(I won't be at the DVS - 28C where I am at present! )

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#16 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

BSJ - I guess that arranging holidays in the scheduled play off time means that you were confident
that we would get knocked out early or indeed not even qualify.

At least I will only miss the B****y friendly while I am away on holiday.

#17 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

BSJ - I guess that arranging holidays in the scheduled play off time means that you were confident
that we would get knocked out early or indeed not even qualify.

At least I will only miss the B****y friendly while I am away on holiday.

Not confident WR, maybe fatalistic! If you are suggesting that my commitment to the cause may be less than your own then I bow to your optimism and fortitude. On the other hand when you are enjoying the team slithering about at DVS for one last time I shall just be getting out of the pool, ready for dinner. Someone has to do it!

:bye:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#18 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

We always look at the amateur scene but I suspect that there is little to excite us. I'm still of the understanding that our next FB will be new to the British game.

Sorry to see JC leave but, as always, money talks. I hope that he's confident that Keighley can continue to pay their inflated salaries throughout the whole of the season.

(I won't be at the DVS - 28C where I am at present! )

Inflated salaries? How do you know this? Or is it the usual bull from you again

#19 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Inflated salaries? How do you know this? Or is it the usual bull from you again

Oooooh straight out of the knife drawer!

Just why else would anyone go to Keighley other than for the money?

HTH

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#20 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 829 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

Oooooh straight out of the knife drawer!

Just why else would anyone go to Keighley other than for the money?

HTH

First team rugby? In a postion other than wing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users